TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanieb View Post
Neil, I'm just now catching up on here from the past few days. Just wanted to say that you really should take care of your shoulder. Seriously go see your doctor. Pushing yourself now is really not worth it in the end - you could end up making it worse, making the recovery take much longer, etc. And like you said, results really are like 90% from food - so as long as thats good you'll still be getting great results. Take care of yourself and I hope it recovers nicely.
will do Brit and I am, its only dumbell chest presses and flys that seem to aggravate it so I am 100% not doing them, and I guess I may have to also accept that I may never be able to do them again. Vertical is fine.

I agree that I must make it more of a priority, and I gave serious consideration yesterday to finishing up and posting my results after just 10 weeks.

However, as long as I can manage without the aggravating exercises I will be in the contest as I still feel I can post a very respectable entry on here. Diet is on track despite all the cravings for naughty stuff, and I'm determined to manage as best as possible for the next 2 and a bit weeks.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 03-22-2011, 07:26 PM

Never, ever, give up...You are so close... You can finish up these next 2 weeks, I know you can..Dig deep down and give it all you,ve got...There you go I knew you could do it...It is easy to have doubts, but stay positive.....

Neil, there are so many substitute exercises you can use until the shoulder heals. I would definitely have it taken care of as soon as you can...good luck.

Cheers
Ma
Old 03-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Never, ever, give up...You are so close... You can finish up these next 2 weeks, I know you can..Dig deep down and give it all you,ve got...There you go I knew you could do it...It is easy to have doubts, but stay positive.....

Neil, there are so many substitute exercises you can use until the shoulder heals. I would definitely have it taken care of as soon as you can...good luck.

Cheers
Ma
Thanks Ma

staying strong and positive. I wont give up now theres only 2 weeks left to go.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Default Wednesday T minus 17d

Well the scheduled workouts for week 10 are now completed.

totally ripped workout C of transformation 3 apart, and I absolutely love this one!!! Felt quite hungry today, I've managed to stay strong mentally.

I've been totally craving alcohol especially beer for the last 2 days, but I keep reminding myself about the hormonal effects of it and trying to visualize everybody else's beer bellies as something that I never want to see on myself ever again. And it works too. I got to the wine aisle at the supermarket, and although I looked, and touched, I walked away without a bottle in my hand or basket. (I'm eyeing up some pink champagne though ready for 2 weeks on friday though LOL as its half price )

I think knowing that I only needed to get through tonight and tomorrow and then its fat friday cheat day helped make it easier, and as I still have a couple of the little bottles of white wine chilling ready for friday night, I know I can satisfy my cravings then. Perhaps I might get a bottle of beer too as its pay day on Friday too. woo hoo! Treats await for me and my daughter.

Food:

Pre choc and coffee whey/creatine shake, protein mochachino
Post sci mx shake
Morning snack cottage cheese peas black eye beans
Lunch more chicken and black eye beans in balsamic dressing with salad, and promax protein bar
Afternoon snack 30g almonds strawberry whey shake and raw veg
Dinner same as yesterday home made chilli burger 1/2 avocado and veg with salsa

Est 2250

I definitely feel that my body is appreciating the higher calorie intake on workout days. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and go carbless and fatless in the depletion day style from the extreme fat loss diet. Well there will be minimal carbs and fats and only from the foods. Going to do a small amount of scrambled egg for breakfast before the gym tomorrow. will post up as usual tomorrow night.

Exercise

Workout C from transformation 3 done as a circuit with 90s rest between circuits

A Triple deadlift (stayed with 70kg on the bar) 3 sets of 5 for each movement
B Squat jumps (prisoner stance) 8 8 10
C DB reverse lunges 2X26kg (dropped by 2kilos to take account of circuit training) 3 X 8 side
D decline spiderman PUs (to replace the pain causing DB fly press) 3 X 10 side
E chin up with knee up 3 X 8
F bodysaw 3 X 20 side

there is no scheduled interval training (scheduled for day after) but did it today anyway. did my timed circuit

A KB 1 arm swings 30s per side
B m/cs 30s
C KB goblet squat 30s
60s rest then repeat

did 5 rounds.

A couple of lads who normally train together skipped their workout and headed for the pool instead this morning. perhaps they were the smart ones!!! or perhaps not all I know is that each week my body is getting closer to how I want it to look, and I feel like I'm noticing little subtle differences, so much so that I cant stop looking at it.

I know its sounding vain, but it really is true for me.

I hope that others are seeing the same results of their hard work.

Now feeling quite tired, all the 5am wakings are catching me up now, but quite happy too tonight. Time for a bath and to ponder tomorrows strategy.

Neil

Old 03-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Good work, Neil. I can't wait to read your essay and see the final pics. The other thing I have noticed since I started this is how many men are out of shape. I never realised till now.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post

totally ripped workout C of transformation 3 apart, and I absolutely love this one!!! Felt quite hungry today, I've managed to stay strong mentally.

I've been totally craving alcohol especially beer for the last 2 days, but I keep reminding myself about the hormonal effects of it and trying to visualize everybody else's beer bellies as something that I never want to see on myself ever again. And it works too. I got to the wine aisle at the supermarket, and although I looked, and touched, I walked away without a bottle in my hand or basket. (I'm eyeing up some pink champagne though ready for 2 weeks on friday though LOL as its half price )

I think knowing that I only needed to get through tonight and tomorrow and then its fat friday cheat day helped make it easier, and as I still have a couple of the little bottles of white wine chilling ready for friday night, I know I can satisfy my cravings then. Perhaps I might get a bottle of beer too as its pay day on Friday too. woo hoo! Treats await for me and my daughter.

Food:

Post sci mx shake
Lunch more chicken and black eye beans in balsamic dressing with salad, and promax protein bar

Est 2250

I definitely feel that my body is appreciating the higher calorie intake on workout days. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and go carbless and fatless in the depletion day style from the extreme fat loss diet. Well there will be minimal carbs and fats and only from the foods. Going to do a small amount of scrambled egg for breakfast before the gym tomorrow. will post up as usual tomorrow night.

Exercise

Workout C from transformation 3 done as a circuit with 90s rest between circuits

C DB reverse lunges 2X26kg (dropped by 2kilos to take account of circuit training) 3 X 8 side
F bodysaw 3 X 20 side

there is no scheduled interval training (scheduled for day after) but did it today anyway. did my timed circuit

B m/cs 30s
C KB goblet squat 30s
60s rest then repeat

did 5 rounds.

A couple of lads who normally train together skipped their workout and headed for the pool instead this morning. perhaps they were the smart ones!!! or perhaps not all I know is that each week my body is getting closer to how I want it to look, and I feel like I'm noticing little subtle differences, so much so that I cant stop looking at it.

Now feeling quite tired, all the 5am wakings are catching me up now, but quite happy too tonight. Time for a bath and to ponder tomorrows strategy.

Neil
Food and workout look great. Meant to say well done for those early morning workouts. I attempted to get up this morning but I really am not an early bird (it wasnt even early by your standards). Also good work on keeping away from the alcohol. Just tomorrow to go then you can hook yourself up to a keg! lol. I'm really glad you're staying in the contest until the end. We started this so lets finish it! 2 more weeks will fly by and as you say as long as the nutrition is spot on you will be grand.

Keep going. You got this in the bag!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 03-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post

Food:

Post sci mx shake

Est 2250

Exercise

F bodysaw 3 X 20 side

B m/cs 30s
C KB goblet squat 30s
60s rest then repeat

did 5 rounds.

Neil
Good on ya Neil for handling the beer craving.. I read somewhere a beer is like eating a doughnut.. it's no wonder why too many of those will give the ol' beer gut..unless it's fat friday of course...enjoy!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Good work, Neil. I can't wait to read your essay and see the final pics. The other thing I have noticed since I started this is how many men are out of shape. I never realised till now.
If I'm in the pub with my friends and I look around I cant believe how many people are out of shape. I suppose what do I expect? ripped and toned guys drinking 10 pints of beer with a few shots thrown in. Thats why I want to stick to 2-3 drinks max when I'm out. Just not worth the fat fest that follows! I also remember really noticing out of shape people when I was at the airport. it is strange how we must be more sensitised now that we are 'transforming'.
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 03-23-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Good on ya Neil for handling the beer craving.. I read somewhere a beer is like eating a doughnut.. it's no wonder why too many of those will give the ol' beer gut..unless it's fat friday of course...enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Food and workout look great. Meant to say well done for those early morning workouts. I attempted to get up this morning but I really am not an early bird (it wasnt even early by your standards). Also good work on keeping away from the alcohol. Just tomorrow to go then you can hook yourself up to a keg! lol. I'm really glad you're staying in the contest until the end. We started this so lets finish it! 2 more weeks will fly by and as you say as long as the nutrition is spot on you will be grand.

Keep going. You got this in the bag!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Thank you all.

I've also started to notice the regulars physiques. These are the people who go to the gym and for want of a better phrase "play at it". There are some guys who are in their 40's and do the classes, etc, etc, and who are fit, but they dont look fit because they just drink beer and eat crap food as soon as theyre done there.

Before I did this, in many ways I was one of those people, and it was only when I decided that I wasnt going to exercise just to offset the bad habits in my lifestyle that things have moved onwards and upwards. I still love my wine, but I can make a choice now whereas it used to control me before and it only took one negative thing to happen to make me want to go and get a few beers or a (full) bottle of wine.

Going through this contest has been more about the mental discipline of breaking some not so healthy habits, and developing a little bit of toughness.

What are your experiences?

As for having this in the bag Miss G, I'm not taking anything for granted. I've done that too many times with things in my life, and ended up with egg on my face!!!

There maybe other guys with better results who arent posting and may just email or post a stronger entry than mine. Its funny to think that out of the mini contest finalists, theres only myself and Gerry posting with any regularity right now. Who knows what those other 3 guys are doing. Theyre certainly keeping quiet about it!

I'm just focusing on what I can control, keeping my diet in order, my exercise routine, and managing the shoulder as best as possible. I cant control what the other guys do, or what Craig thinks.

Forging the relationships that I have with all you guys and getting the results I have so far really has been whats kept me going, and theres still more to come. If I can win another prize that will be sweet, but theres no way I'm taking it for granted that I make the final.

But if I do I hope that you will continue to support me.

Thanks again

Neil

Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Regarding the wine, the funny thing is that I drank pretty regularly while I was in Malaysia but in my case, that meant about 4-6 glasses of wine a week. I did make sure to limit myself to two glasses of red wine each time though.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver