TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanaTT View Post
Sweetie aisle doesn't bother me that much. Almost never buy something for myself. But I do buy sweets for my chocolate junkie boyfriend. I much rather have real food or some nice home baked cakes.Yum yum! Or some nice big capuccino or latte. I'm discovering that those liquid calories from coffees and to big portions are my biggest problem.
Now that I'm on slow carb, even fruits are more appealing than chocolate.
Mmmm...I hear you. I am a baker. Candy has nothing on a homemade cake. I went grocery shopping on my last fast too, bad idea. Everything looked so darn good! I ended up not going to costco simply because I didn't think I could survive all the free samples.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Glad to hear you're sticking it out. Remember, it's not the number on the scale that really shows the big picture- even the body fat percentage per the scale. You've got the right attitude though

Remember:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"- Winston Churchill

Just keep seeing the difficulty as an opportunity, and I'm sure you'll get where you want to be.
Thank you for your kind words! This quote is one to remember
Old 01-26-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
Mmmm...I hear you. I am a baker. Candy has nothing on a homemade cake. I went grocery shopping on my last fast too, bad idea. Everything looked so darn good! I ended up not going to costco simply because I didn't think I could survive all the free samples.
Here they usually have samples on Friday and Saturday. On these days is also most crowded, so I'm rather going on other days.

Still fasting. My parents came today and picked up my daughter from nanny. My mother is also helping my sister with her two daughters (6 months and 2 years old) and today they had only light lunch. So I offered them to make dinner. Request was for Kaiserschmarn. I made batter like for my pancakes (rolled oats, eggs, milk, very little flour - half white, half whole wheat, pinch of baking powder and salt). They said they were yummy. Even my father asked what was in it I chewed gum instead Told them I have already eaten. Don't want to discuss fasting with them yet.
So far it seems easier to fast lunch to lunch than from 4 pm to 4 pm. I will sleep through roughest hours. Hope that I have enough energy in the morning for my run.

My mother said that sister has started exercising. She has few pounds to loose, but most of it on her belly. I recommended her Beginner total torso training, which has also videos on youtube. She has done 2 workouts so far and has some soreness too. Must call her tomorrow to check on her.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
You are real inspiration to me!

You mentioned that you did Clash of the Titans. I was thinking of doing it after I finish with BW Cardio 3. Did you stick with Joel Marion's diet plan too? Or did you follow your own nutrition plan and did workouts?
Hi Tatjana, thanks so much for the compliment! I really appreciate it. I didn't really do the diet program along with Clash of the Titans, other than maybe I tried to reduce carbs on days it was mentioned, but it was still an excellent workout in my opinion. I loved being able to pick a workout to skip each week and I enjoy working out almost every day (I think I did that one in late summer-early fall?). I was thinking of doing it again, but I went back to my old standby Big 6 circuit because I am having a rough time getting up early enough to get in a long workout, and this is a super hectic week at work for me. Just did my second workout tonight and intervals before dinner and it felt great!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
My mother said that sister has started exercising. She has few pounds to loose, but most of it on her belly. I recommended her Beginner total torso training, which has also videos on youtube. She has done 2 workouts so far and has some soreness too. Must call her tomorrow to check on her.
Good for you, encouraging your family members to work out! That is excellent when the changes you have made (and are making) inspire others to action.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 01-26-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Good stuff, Tatjana. We have no idea how many people we directly or indirectly affect through what we are doing here

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-27-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
Hi Tatjana, thanks so much for the compliment! I really appreciate it. I didn't really do the diet program along with Clash of the Titans, other than maybe I tried to reduce carbs on days it was mentioned, but it was still an excellent workout in my opinion. I loved being able to pick a workout to skip each week and I enjoy working out almost every day (I think I did that one in late summer-early fall?). I was thinking of doing it again, but I went back to my old standby Big 6 circuit because I am having a rough time getting up early enough to get in a long workout, and this is a super hectic week at work for me. Just did my second workout tonight and intervals before dinner and it felt great!
Thanks! Big 6 sounds fun too. Will keep it in mind for future.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
Good for you, encouraging your family members to work out! That is excellent when the changes you have made (and are making) inspire others to action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
Good stuff, Tatjana. We have no idea how many people we directly or indirectly affect through what we are doing here
Hope that she sticks to it. She doesn't have much free time (some of it is her own fault) and this is ideal for her. But she's still searching for excuses why she can't workout. At least her nutrition is not big problem - just eats to much because it is in the house.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 AM

Default Day 27: scale is my friend again

This morning: 58,3 kg and 21,1 % Woooo hooooo! Thats down 2,6 kg (5,7 lb) and -1,8% BF
This will keep me motivated not to overeat on junk later
Old 01-27-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
This morning: 58,3 kg and 21,1 % Woooo hooooo! Thats down 2,6 kg (5,7 lb) and -1,8% BF
This will keep me motivated not to overeat on junk later
That's great news. Congratulations!

By the way, how do you ensure the consistency and accuracy of the BF reading?

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver