TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, a recliner WORKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:05 PM

Hi Alex! I dont know why DLS interferes so much! Its only 1 hour.. yet it feel like 5. That's so cool your getting a new recliner! I need some new furniture too.. My furniture is nice, but they were hand-me-downs and a little too broken in for my taste. JOEY AND CHANDLER! They were the ones having races! LOL! I love that show.. I watched it in high school.. 14 years ago, but I still watch it most nights.. as well as Seinfeld and The Office. they just never get old!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 10-01-2011, 08:52 PM

Default Back on the Wagon ....

Okay, I was going to get back in the gym last week *but work went nuts, lets be honest this year has been crap on being getting in the gym & eating well *...... but back at it *today.

Now not a true TT workout - but will do circuit stuff this week & then look to adapt my go-to workout 2K3 for KB's ....

Now I get to watch the *NRL league final/ rugby & maybe some foot ball this afternoon *- ......

Complexes x5 - KB16kg
7 Single-arm KB swings (each side)
7 Thrusters (each side)
7 Squats *(each side)
7 Standing split-rows (each side)
7 pushups

# no rest between exercises - 30 secs rest between sets

# additions: *
2-Arm KB swings - 10 - rest 20 sec *X 5 - KB 24kg
20 mins on bike

Not bad *....

Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns

Roundballnz on Twitter, LJ, FB
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 AM

Default KB_Intervals_circuit

Off day Intervals circuit:
1-Arm KB swings: 16kg
10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10 = 100

2-arm KB swings: 24 kg
10, 10,10,10,10,

additional:
KB_Clean: 5/5 - 16kg

Other:
24 hr fast today ....not bad

Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns

Old 10-04-2011, 04:04 AM

Default KB Circuits

Pulse Pyramid -partial - KB16kg -30 sec
Single-arm KB swings (each side)
Thrusters (each side)
Squats (each side)
Standing split-rows (each side)
pushups

# no rest between exercises - 30 secs rest between sets

# additions:
1-Arm KB swings - 10/10 - rest 20 sec X 5 - KB 16kg

Back to TT from Thurs or weekend - depends might do bike intervals on Thurs

Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 PM

Smile

Hi Alex

workouts and nutrition looking great. Just wondered when you fast, what times seems to work best for you? And do you notice any difference in your weight loss if you choose a particular start/finish time?

I always seem to do a dinner to dinner fast, eg I don't eat at 6pm one night and eat again 6pm the next.

I have experiemented with doing a lunch to lunch a a breakfast to breakfast, but I find I am really hungry during the night and it wakes me up!

Keep up the good work, I need to look back and see what your goals are. I ca't remember, are you going to enter the 6 week contest?

Cheers Katie
Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 AM

Yeah i started too late to be in the official comp ... but its all about sustainable changes though...

When I fast I normally do a post evening meal 7-8pm - till 8pm following evening - break fast with light evening snack - when doing this regularly does the business as far as weight loss & maintenance

Old 10-05-2011, 04:33 AM

Old age or my recurring back problem caught up on me again - lesson learnt I cannot not do 3 days in a row on KB swings/ squats anymore ... been suffering all all say for my stupidity prob will need another 1-2 days off.

More reason tp get a bike so get let off some pent up frustration without hurting myself

Thinking my second Fast will be Friday - see how things go.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Yeah i started too late to be in the official comp ... but its all about sustainable changes though...

When I fast I normally do a post evening meal 7-8pm - till 8pm following evening - break fast with light evening snack - when doing this regularly does the business as far as weight loss & maintenance
Alex,,, no excuse. You can still take your pics,,, what have you got to lose, even if you come 3rd, or just for the sake of staying accountable, or seeing the difference in 9 1/2 weeks time. That's right! You still have another whole 9 1/2 weeks. In a contest last year, I gave up or had nearly given up due to lack of workouts, injuries, and a whole range of issues, (can't remember), and then one of the guys on here got on my case. So, I fought for it with all that I had. And,,, you guessed it,,,, I won!

So, get your butt down to the shop, get a paper, and take those pics and measurements and let's see what you've got!!!

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Old age or my recurring back problem caught up on me again - lesson learnt I cannot not do 3 days in a row on KB swings/ squats anymore ... been suffering all all say for my stupidity prob will need another 1-2 days off.

More reason tp get a bike so get let off some pent up frustration without hurting myself

Thinking my second Fast will be Friday - see how things go.
Yep, it's me again. Alex, Alex, Alex. Not meaning to sound like a smartAlex here, (pun intended), but why on Earth are you even attempting KB swings/squats 3 days in a row? When I first tried them, I got an instant backache, no matter how careful I was with form. So I did alternate exercises. I have tried them since slightly altering my form, and that helped heaps. Still had to really concentrate though. Isn't it better for muscle growth and endurance though to allow the muscles to repair after they have been damaged (forget the correct terminology) ?

Anyhows, someone else with more expertise may have a different perspective, and may well be able to shed some light on your predicament much better than I can. Here's hoping.

Cheers,

Robyn

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224