TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 06:11 AM

Talking The Abs Factor

Well, there's only one successful thing to do when you are feeling down-and-out, and that's to get up-and-in,,, up out of bed and into some serious training that is.

Winter is all but over, seasonally, physically, and emotionally, and it's high time I achieved my goal of having amazing abs, hence the thread title.

GOALS

- Amazing abs
- Body fat down to 15%
- Weight steadily between 120 and 125lbs
- Complete all push-ups in full straight form (not kneeling etc.)
- Complete 3 full chin-ups
- Fit into 'skinny' clothes
- Look and feel fabulous by 44yo (early November)

Looking forward to the journey,

Robyn.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224

Last edited by missrobyn007 : 08-31-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:27 AM

Great goals that given your past achievements I am sure you will reach. 15% body fat for a woman I have heard is wickedly low. You sure don't shy away from a challenge!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gForce View Post
Great goals that given your past achievements I am sure you will reach. 15% body fat for a woman I have heard is wickedly low. You sure don't shy away from a challenge!
Maybe I'm just not familiar with just how low 15% is for a female,,, lol. One of my heros is Lora Colson, a veteran TT member who hasn't posted for a while now. I'll be working towards a physique close to hers. If you have a look at her pics from the 6th TT TC you'll see what I mean. Anyone's guess on how low her body fat % would be in those pics???

Old 08-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Default AB-solutely fabulous

Just popped over to look at Lora's pics and I think 15% is about right. Bikini models are usually at around 18% and she is definitely leaner. They say the big exciting goals are the most stimulating, and I know you can prove that to be true! Let's have some fun with this one.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM

Default Great Goals!

Robyn you're amazing, and prove it over and over. I know you can get these goals, and I'm super excited to get to "come along" to watch your successes.

Spring time is such a motivating season. Haha, up here though I'm trying to harness my motivation for the upcoming winter, which I know I will tolerate much better if I stay healthy and happy by infusing my brain and body with exercise endorphins!

:-)

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:38 PM

Based on your past performance Robyn, I have little doubt that you'll be seeing your abs before long. Best of luck to you and I hope everything goes well for a successful contest for you.

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Robyn you're amazing, and prove it over and over. I know you can get these goals, and I'm super excited to get to "come along" to watch your successes.

Spring time is such a motivating season. Haha, up here though I'm trying to harness my motivation for the upcoming winter, which I know I will tolerate much better if I stay healthy and happy by infusing my brain and body with exercise endorphins!

:-)

~Amanda
Hey there Amanda, great to hear from you. I see that you aren't expecting to be deployed, so I'll be expecting great things from you Miss. Don't envy you with the winter. I believe the bears have got it right,,, it's for hibernation, and that's it! Will look forward to seeing your results.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Just popped over to look at Lora's pics and I think 15% is about right. Bikini models are usually at around 18% and she is definitely leaner. They say the big exciting goals are the most stimulating, and I know you can prove that to be true! Let's have some fun with this one.
Love the subject heading Thanks for your encouragement Catherine. I'm actually just taking a guess at the % as I don't know how that would look on me or feel physically. I don't want to be starving myself or working out too rigorously and burn out right?! Anyhows, thanks for popping in and for your encouragement. Let's see just what us old timers can achieve!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:12 PM

Doh,,, hate that,,, just wrote a whole lot and it logged out on me and lost the lot,,,, agrhhhh, usually copy it just in case. Anyhows, thing is, had done some renagade rows yesterday. Just 2 sets of 6 (short on time), with only 15lbs. Felt some extra soreness with the tennis elbow, but thought since I wasn't pushing it with the weight or reps, it would be fine. Well, went to work and ouch. Esp. when I got to the huge cereal cartons, even dropped one. Went on to light duties, and then was sent home. Have continued to ice it. Will go to docs today, prob. get an x-ray and hopefully a certificate that will point out that its cause is from the repetitive lifting. Will get some acupunture as well, plus one of those bands/straps that has the lump in it which provides pressure to the area of pain and apparently forces the muscles to work differently.

Not writing all this to winge, but to ask that if those of you have had this before have had success with anything, and could direct me on which exercizes for the upper body can be done without any aggravation whatsoever.

Thanks heaps,

Robyn.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrobyn007 View Post
Doh,,, hate that,,, just wrote a whole lot and it logged out on me and lost the lot,,,, agrhhhh, usually copy it just in case. Anyhows, thing is, had done some renagade rows yesterday. Just 2 sets of 6 (short on time), with only 15lbs. Felt some extra soreness with the tennis elbow, but thought since I wasn't pushing it with the weight or reps, it would be fine. Well, went to work and ouch. Esp. when I got to the huge cereal cartons, even dropped one. Went on to light duties, and then was sent home. Have continued to ice it. Will go to docs today, prob. get an x-ray and hopefully a certificate that will point out that its cause is from the repetitive lifting. Will get some acupunture as well, plus one of those bands/straps that has the lump in it which provides pressure to the area of pain and apparently forces the muscles to work differently.

Not writing all this to winge, but to ask that if those of you have had this before have had success with anything, and could direct me on which exercises for the upper body can be done without any aggravation whatsoever.

Thanks heaps,

Robyn.
I hate it when that happens! I usually Copy too, but sometimes I forget I'm sorry, never had that type of injury.. Although I have had tendinitis.. I usually take Ibuprofen Therapy for a few weeks, ice/heat. Hard to say what you can do for exercises as the elbow is involved in so much!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal