TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM

Default Contractor Cancelled

So the floor didn't get done last week. Cross your fingers for this Friday!

Then- yes pictures!

The good news is that I finally had a weekend where I stuck to my commitments and didn't overeat. Believe me, it is tough to manage your appetite when you're teaching 9 classes a week.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
So the floor didn't get done last week. Cross your fingers for this Friday!
Then- yes pictures!
The good news is that I finally had a weekend where I stuck to my commitments and didn't overeat. Believe me, it is tough to manage your appetite when you're teaching 9 classes a week.
Fingers crossed Catherine. 9 classes a week is incredible. Continued growth in your business. Great nutrition weekend! Congrats. Concetta
Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Fingers crossed Catherine. 9 classes a week is incredible. Continued growth in your business. Great nutrition weekend! Congrats. Concetta
concetta, she's going to need to get Van and Colin certified as well!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 AM

Default Ha Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
concetta, she's going to need to get Van and Colin certified as well!!!
Actually, Colin isn't interested in doing an organized sport right now, so Van will be giving him a tennis lesson every Monday, and he'll be coming to my TT class each Wednesday. I have bars that are just right to help him learn technique without overloading his growing body.

My news is that the scale is moving and my body fat is finally dropping again- lower than at the end of contest 15. I haven't been here in terms of my fitness since July of 2011.

I continue to be amazed at how becoming a trainer can make you "squishy" if you don't learn to manage your stress and your appetite. It's taken almost two years to figure this out. Then again, I've learned some very valuable lessons along the way.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Right on, Commit to the next two weeks and you will hit that goal! It looks like you're mastering some new skills that will serve you well long after this challenge.
Two weeks is such a short amount of time to ratchet down. Two weeks to build great habits. Thanks for the encouragement Catherine.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Fantastic updates!

Quote:
Actually, Colin isn't interested in doing an organized sport right now, so Van will be giving him a tennis lesson every Monday, and he'll be coming to my TT class each Wednesday. I have bars that are just right to help him learn technique without overloading his growing body.

My news is that the scale is moving and my body fat is finally dropping again- lower than at the end of contest 15. I haven't been here in terms of my fitness since July of 2011.

I continue to be amazed at how becoming a trainer can make you "squishy" if you don't learn to manage your stress and your appetite. It's taken almost two years to figure this out. Then again, I've learned some very valuable lessons along the way.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM

Default After Photo and Book Update

So here is the "after" from this contest. Right now it seems clear that when I'm sugar and grain free I release fat well. It is trying to work in cheats that derails my fat loss. I did make progress in learning how to train others while keeping the shape I want. It's all about training with intensity, staying out of the aerobic zone, and realizing that more is not more!

The best news is that I finished "Keep the Change: Transform Your Body For Good." It's available at Lulu.com. One note, I will do the true final edit after I've received the book myself. There may be some printing/editing errors in the copies that are available now. Self publishing is an interesting adventure to say the least. You can check it out at lulu.com by searching for the title, "Keep The Change," or put my name: Catherine Gordon into the author search.

Finally, I sometimes feel like Alice in Wonderland- running to stay in place fitness-wise, but I genuinely enjoy training- so it's worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Green after.jpg (60.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Congratulations on the transformation and the book! You are a rockstar!

Quote:
So here is the "after" from this contest. Right now it seems clear that when I'm sugar and grain free I release fat well. It is trying to work in cheats that derails my fat loss. I did make progress in learning how to train others while keeping the shape I want. It's all about training with intensity, staying out of the aerobic zone, and realizing that more is not more!

The best news is that I finished "Keep the Change: Transform Your Body For Good." It's available at Lulu.com. One note, I will do the true final edit after I've received the book myself. There may be some printing/editing errors in the copies that are available now. Self publishing is an interesting adventure to say the least. You can check it out at lulu.com by searching for the title, "Keep The Change," or put my name: Catherine Gordon into the author search.

Finally, I sometimes feel like Alice in Wonderland- running to stay in place fitness-wise, but I genuinely enjoy training- so it's worth it.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 AM

Default Headed Back to Workout Journal Section

Thanks for the thumbs up Craig.

I modified CBS ABS for my TT class yesterday and it was a hit. A friend of mine took class for the first time yesterday. She had read advice from a trainer just that day that she needed to do long slow cardio to stay in the fat burning zone. Sure, slow cardio burns a higher percentage of calories from fat- but who cares if you walk on a treadmill for an hour and burn 150 calories?

Anyway, we kicked it into high gear several times over the course of the class- happily ending up with our butts on the floor from momentary exhaustion more than once. Then we had big fun with the "Sprint and Slam" That's when we run up and down the floor, pick up a med. ball and slam it 8 times- then run away. Fun! I adore it when my students discover new moves that they are capable of.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Awesome workout!

It's crazy trainers still give that advice. CRAZY!