TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default Contractor Cancelled

So the floor didn't get done last week. Cross your fingers for this Friday!

Then- yes pictures!

The good news is that I finally had a weekend where I stuck to my commitments and didn't overeat. Believe me, it is tough to manage your appetite when you're teaching 9 classes a week.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:33 PM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 4,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
So the floor didn't get done last week. Cross your fingers for this Friday!
Then- yes pictures!
The good news is that I finally had a weekend where I stuck to my commitments and didn't overeat. Believe me, it is tough to manage your appetite when you're teaching 9 classes a week.
Fingers crossed Catherine. 9 classes a week is incredible. Continued growth in your business. Great nutrition weekend! Congrats. Concetta
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Fingers crossed Catherine. 9 classes a week is incredible. Continued growth in your business. Great nutrition weekend! Congrats. Concetta
concetta, she's going to need to get Van and Colin certified as well!!!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default Ha Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
concetta, she's going to need to get Van and Colin certified as well!!!
Actually, Colin isn't interested in doing an organized sport right now, so Van will be giving him a tennis lesson every Monday, and he'll be coming to my TT class each Wednesday. I have bars that are just right to help him learn technique without overloading his growing body.

My news is that the scale is moving and my body fat is finally dropping again- lower than at the end of contest 15. I haven't been here in terms of my fitness since July of 2011.

I continue to be amazed at how becoming a trainer can make you "squishy" if you don't learn to manage your stress and your appetite. It's taken almost two years to figure this out. Then again, I've learned some very valuable lessons along the way.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 PM
concetta27 concetta27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Posts: 4,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Right on, Commit to the next two weeks and you will hit that goal! It looks like you're mastering some new skills that will serve you well long after this challenge.
Two weeks is such a short amount of time to ratchet down. Two weeks to build great habits. Thanks for the encouragement Catherine.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

Fantastic updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Actually, Colin isn't interested in doing an organized sport right now, so Van will be giving him a tennis lesson every Monday, and he'll be coming to my TT class each Wednesday. I have bars that are just right to help him learn technique without overloading his growing body.

My news is that the scale is moving and my body fat is finally dropping again- lower than at the end of contest 15. I haven't been here in terms of my fitness since July of 2011.

I continue to be amazed at how becoming a trainer can make you "squishy" if you don't learn to manage your stress and your appetite. It's taken almost two years to figure this out. Then again, I've learned some very valuable lessons along the way.
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default After Photo and Book Update

So here is the "after" from this contest. Right now it seems clear that when I'm sugar and grain free I release fat well. It is trying to work in cheats that derails my fat loss. I did make progress in learning how to train others while keeping the shape I want. It's all about training with intensity, staying out of the aerobic zone, and realizing that more is not more!

The best news is that I finished "Keep the Change: Transform Your Body For Good." It's available at Lulu.com. One note, I will do the true final edit after I've received the book myself. There may be some printing/editing errors in the copies that are available now. Self publishing is an interesting adventure to say the least. You can check it out at lulu.com by searching for the title, "Keep The Change," or put my name: Catherine Gordon into the author search.

Finally, I sometimes feel like Alice in Wonderland- running to stay in place fitness-wise, but I genuinely enjoy training- so it's worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Green after.jpg (60.6 KB, 19 views)
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

Congratulations on the transformation and the book! You are a rockstar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
So here is the "after" from this contest. Right now it seems clear that when I'm sugar and grain free I release fat well. It is trying to work in cheats that derails my fat loss. I did make progress in learning how to train others while keeping the shape I want. It's all about training with intensity, staying out of the aerobic zone, and realizing that more is not more!

The best news is that I finished "Keep the Change: Transform Your Body For Good." It's available at Lulu.com. One note, I will do the true final edit after I've received the book myself. There may be some printing/editing errors in the copies that are available now. Self publishing is an interesting adventure to say the least. You can check it out at lulu.com by searching for the title, "Keep The Change," or put my name: Catherine Gordon into the author search.

Finally, I sometimes feel like Alice in Wonderland- running to stay in place fitness-wise, but I genuinely enjoy training- so it's worth it.
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,677
Default Headed Back to Workout Journal Section

Thanks for the thumbs up Craig.

I modified CBS ABS for my TT class yesterday and it was a hit. A friend of mine took class for the first time yesterday. She had read advice from a trainer just that day that she needed to do long slow cardio to stay in the fat burning zone. Sure, slow cardio burns a higher percentage of calories from fat- but who cares if you walk on a treadmill for an hour and burn 150 calories?

Anyway, we kicked it into high gear several times over the course of the class- happily ending up with our butts on the floor from momentary exhaustion more than once. Then we had big fun with the "Sprint and Slam" That's when we run up and down the floor, pick up a med. ball and slam it 8 times- then run away. Fun! I adore it when my students discover new moves that they are capable of.
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

Awesome workout!

It's crazy trainers still give that advice. CRAZY!
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.