TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 22nd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2015, 12:57 AM

I want to know about the breakfast with Kevin Harrington...

Wish I were I fly on that wall!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Administrator

He basically talked for 90 minutes straight and jumped around from story to story, leaving 50% of them unfinished, like the time Kim Kardashian was at his house being interviewed. The next thing you know he's talking about Bruce Jenner faking all the stuff he's currently doing (google news about him if you want), and then he never did finish the Kardashian story.

Oh, and KH and Jeff Schneider talked about growing up in Cinncinnati for 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
I want to know about the breakfast with Kevin Harrington...

Wish I were I fly on that wall!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Streaking Update

I had no problem with any of these streaks over the Superbowl weekend despite being out late and at meals where the food was in great abundance.

1) Write 3000 words per day

I wrote three huge essays over the weekend. It's all about getting up on time, avoiding temptations, and gluing my butt to the seat and squirming until I wring every last word out of my fingers.

2) No Post Dinner Binge Eating

Saturday dinner ran very late (9:45pm). It annoyed me, so I came up with a plan to avoid this in the future. I'll simply eat before I go and skip the food at the event. It's never worth it anyways when you have to eat from a set menu with only a few options. On the bright side, I had a great time with Isabel De Los Rios, her husband Stuart, and their two well-behaved young boys.

On Sunday, there was so much food at the BioTrust Superbowl party. I planned ahead and used a tip that I used to think was stupid. I simply ate a big healthy snack before, and then at the party, I was barely tempted by the junk. I have a big plate of steak, shrimp, and vegetables at 7pm. I also easily avoid temptations because I don't eat grains and dairy. That eliminates 90% of the junk options. I was still relatively full when I got to bed at 10pm.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Nothing since Friday.

4) No Outbursts or Snarkiness

This was Joel's 5th Superbowl party and it was by far my favorite. Kevin Harrington stopped by and was the star of the night. So many folks were pitching him ideas, and he loved it. I spent a lot of time catching up with John Romaniello. It was really, really fun. So great to see so many old friends (like Brad Pilon, who I have known for 15 years) and new ones, like Kevin.

5) Healthy Gut Days

All things considered, and despite being surrounded by temptation, I remained true to my goals.

Last night many people felt terrible because they ate so much, or because they went to the Cold Stone Creamery table for ice cream that Joel had set up in his living room...and those folks were bloated because they were not used to eating dairy.

It was all easily avoided, and I'm glad I did. I feel great today.

Time for breakfast and then a good leg workout.

Stay strong and keep on pushing on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 02-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Streaking Update

I'm such an idiot. After a near perfect Superbowl weekend I made a bad decision at the last minute (sound familiar?). There was one more celebration dinner to go, and that's where I broke my 1 drink rule again. Fortunately, I didn't break any other streaks, but it was darn close.

This unwise decision also put me off my schedule today. A freakin' Monday night. Ridiculous. Time for a reevaluation of my cut-off system to avoid this cycle of regret. The evening was wonderful, but it was no better because of the extra drinking. I need to focus on what matters and plan better.

I started late today, but I've done 2000 words. The first 500 were almost incoherent, but the idea is there. I made some structural progress in a large project, and finished up the ETR email of the week. I was struggling with a close, so I decided to keep it short and simple.

This almost went down. I looked at a few things before making a very wise decision to collapse into bed instead. I narrowly avoided disaster.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Busted. But now back on track. Staying positive.

Nothing but laughs last night. Great times. Joel's business partner Josh Bezoni told many funny stories.

5) Healthy Gut Days

I had a small amount of dairy last night, but not enough to cause worry. It's not mandatory that I avoid it anyways. I'm simply experimenting.

I did eat a lot, but it was all real food.

Get back on track as soon as you can,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 02-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Back on track yesterday. Everything is awesome. My life is one big Lego movie.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Streaking Update

Well, on the downside, I'm stuck with a 4-hour flight delay at the Tampa airport. Bad weather in Toronto, I guess.

On the bright side, streaks are going great. Projects are moving ahead quickly. And I needed the extra time at the airport to get through the 97 emails in my inbox.

I finished another ETR essay, the TT report card, and a few other projects...all with time to spare in a day. I'm really cranking out content faster than ever. This has been a big breakthrough.

It also helps in that I only check work email two or three times a week.

Last night we had an amazing dinner. Joel has a private chef come in 3-4 times per week and he made steak, bacon, baked potatoes, and veggies...replicating a meal that Joel and I often have at Prime 112 in Miami. It was fantastic. I had some leftovers this morning before heading to the airport, and I packed some bacon so I'm not going hungry during the delay.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

I'll be drink free until at least Saturday.

Nothing but good times. I'm not even upset by the delay. I'm always prepared for shenanigans like this when I travel. You never know what kind of news you're going to hear. I'm just thankful I can travel so freely.

5) Healthy Gut Days

I had a small amount of dairy again, but not enough to cause worry. It's not mandatory that I avoid it anyways. I'm simply experimenting.

I continue to be eating a lot, but it's all real food.

Two more hours in the delay,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 02-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Streaking Update

It's nice to be home, to see Bally the Dog, to train at the local YMCA, to do a garage gym workout, and to pick up Bally poop at 6:30am in the cold, frozen darkness of Southern Ontario.

I planned and prepared well for this morning's writing session, putting together a couple of great emails, some segments for the book, and an interview outline for my coaching clients that will serve us well. I'm a little disappointed I hadn't thought of this system before...oh well, time to implement it and spread the TT word even faster.

Not only did have I been strong here, but I haven't overeaten at dinner for the past few nights, either. When I do, I get bloated and it probably doesn't help me sleep well. But I've 'ate like a normal person' the past few days and I've slept like a champ. I'm on a very good routine, and that will be a big bonus for point 5 below.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

No alcohol since Monday, but I might have one with friends tonight.

I won a nice victory here. Well, a few victories. First, I had to get new passport photos and renew my passport, all while walking around Toronto in nice dress shoes and just a sweater - because I was ill prepared for the weather after being in Florida for 2 weeks. My mistake. I had to suck it up, but I was polite and patient in all interactions.

Second, there was a mess-up in my car rental in Toronto. Ultimately, it was no one's fault but my own. I caught myself before I could raise my voice. Everything turned out fine (as it always does).

Third, after a drive back to the farm, I avoided a confrontation with a family member when I was tired and hungry. Again, mindfulness helped. I knew that, like the Snickers commercials show, I wasn't being myself because I was hungry. I had a little snack, some water, and avoided all outbursts and snarkiness. I really want to keep this streak going, and thanks to YOU, I am! You'll go in my gratitude journal tonight.

5) Healthy Gut Days

Dinner was on point last night, so was breakfast this morning (my order of coconut paleo bread showed up just before I arrived home...making for some nice breakfast sandwiches).

Dinner included a lot of brussel sprouts, and if you've read anything about FODMAP foods, these can be problematic. But I didn't notice any bloating from them, and my portion size wasn't problematic.

Overall, the week was a rollercoaster, with a great SuperBowl Sunday, a bad Groundhog Day Monday, and then a very smooth week despite some trials and tribulations along the way.

Time to finish the day strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 02-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Streaking Update

This weekend went great. Sunday was a near perfect day for diet and writing and reading. Today started off on the right foot as well, with 2500 words written before the morning dog walk.

Unfortunately, the UPS delivery guy got stuck in my laneway 10 minutes ago...now to call a tow-truck, but it shouldn't get in the way of my work and training.

One thing I recognized as I've continued to write my book is that I can't be wishy washy. It's my way or the highway. This is how you have the perfect day. It demands the Perfect Start. if you don't start perfectly, you'll fail, feel guilty, get nowhere. I've spent a lot of time reading bios and researching people's daily routines to get the support for my argument.

The answer to important questions about my work are:

What do I stand for? => Working first thing in the morning on your #1 priority, just like the greatest authors, composers, and thinkers of history.....

What big problem is the book solving? => Showing people how to unlock their potential by not shying away from a "monk-like magic morning" and embracing it, the way Ryan Holiday recommends embracing the obstacle that is in the way as the way (in his book, The Obstacle is the Way, based on writings by Marcus Aurelius)....

Why is the book the best at solving these problems? => Because based on research and anecdotes, the proof is in the Perfect Day formula. With rare exception, the world's greatest leaders, creators, and business builders followed these principles. It's our way or get stuck-in-the-mud-off-the-highway.

Perfect meals all weekend. Chicken on Friday, steak on Saturday, fish on Sunday, plus lots of Paleo-bread nut butter sandwiches for breakfast.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

1 max adhered to...doing well with this...and sleeping like a champ (8.5 hours last night!) because of it.

Easy weekend to do this. Good family time, and I did my errands early in the mornings when fewer people were at the gym or in stores. That meant no line-ups and no waiting around.

5) Healthy Gut Days

Feeling great. Right on track. Ten more days of the perfect schedule here at home before a weekend work trip to New York where I'm speaking at a seminar. That will throw my sleeping schedule off a bit, but diet will be easy to follow. Then it's off for 10 days in Florida at Joel's house.

Time to take advantage of consistency while being at home,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 02-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Administrator

I blew it.

A streak is over.

There was still a victory within...but it's time to start all over again.

Streaking Update

It all started with Bally the Dog vs. The Snowmobilers...more below...

Lots of writing today, but not enough on the book. That said I had a few breakthroughs in different areas of TT, ETR, and personal development. Just wish I had the same breakthrough in the book area. Today's lack of progress on the book sets me back, but I still hit 3500 words.

Doing great here. Dinner was a little smaller than normal last night, but I had some carrots instead of sweet-tooth temptations.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Too busy for relaxation cocktail hour...maybe Friday when things wind down.

And here's where it went off the rails.

Monday night was weird. I was visiting Bally the Dog and his Grandma on the farm. After dinner, she let him outside to bark at the snowmobilers that were driving beside the house.

He had a good time, making noise for about 15 minutes before trotting back in and settling down on his little mat beside Grandma as they watched TV.

And then, as I mentioned, it got weird. He started sneezing over and over and over again. He sneezed about 20 times. He wouldn’t stop licking his lips.

He refused to answer Grandma’s questions about what was wrong with him. I said I didn't know. Then I got snarky, saying "I'm not a vet and the dog is not going to answer you."

For some reason I've always had a short fuse when people tell me, "I think there's something wrong with your dog." It's irrational. I can't control (most) of what happens to my dog. If there's something wrong with him, then hey, there's something wrong with him.

But I used to get really snarky. Last night I got only mildly snarky, but it was enough to put me off my streak.

On the bright side, I had much more patience BEFORE the outburst happened. In the past, I would have been rude within 10 seconds. This time it took me 5 minutes of listening to "What's wrong with you?" before I 'blew my top'. Oh well, back to the world of continued improvement every day.

As for Bally, we let him back outside. He ran around, barked some more, and then I let him back in. That fixed him.

So…the next time you start sneezing uncontrollably…just go outside and start barking. That appears to be the cure.

5) Healthy Gut Days

The GI system is doing well. I've been enjoying some Paleo Bread since I got back to Canada. And porkchops. Tonight I might combine the two for a quick meal of leftovers.

Getting back on track,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 02-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Back on track...

Streaking Update

Reading and writing...not sure if I made a breakthrough or wasted my time, today. We'll see after I send my work to a friend...Still, I pumped out a lot of new content. I'll use it one way or another.

Even went to bed a little hungry...but slept terribly.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Yep.

Back on track. Super polite on phone calls. Even recorded a Renegade podcast with Jason Ferruggia.

5) Healthy Gut Days

Doing great. Getting some blood tests done later this week to check for measures of inflammation. My new doctor is interested to see if I'm dealing with any auto-immune diseases. Hopefully not.

Getting back on track,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT