TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 27th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Have an amazing time at the game!
We did, the girls got a little bored unless the Chiefs scored and fireworks and Warpaint the horse ran on the field, good thing it happened a few times Glad to have had that opportunity for sure, its expensive taking 6 people to things.

Diet is still going great today. I mindlessly grabbed a ritz cracker with a cheese stick yesterday, that's been the only off thing really. I am not overeating making up the difference in reduced white carbz and sugarz, so it should just start melting off, right!!!?? Plus Barefit workouts and good active play on "off-days" it has to be a win.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Administrator

very nice. good to see one treat didn't snowball into more junk. That proves you're on the right track.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:13 AM

Default weekend update

This won't be be as good as SNL's Weekend Update, but its still good!

Diet is going great. I had 3-4 small pretzels yesterday at a friend's going away party because they were supposed to be spicy and have a unique flavor.

First, I didn't need to try them and it was okay if I missed out. I need to be self-aware about that next time, especially if its a massive white carb thing. Two my food triggers are "I don't want to miss out" and "I don't want to see it get thrown away" when my kids don't finish something. Advice on those?

Second, my friend and his wife are going away to London; he's the Director of Photography for Star Wars Episode IX. Kind of crazy. First time I met him was 9 years ago, he was practice swordfighting another youth at a church I served he went to; he's just a kid I keep thinking lol Glad to be a mentor and important in his life... he knows how it ends, you guys, and won't. say. a. word. Is Luke Skywalker alive? Does he make it that far? Ugh..

ALSO, last night the wife and I used the "Vision for your Life" teaching, Craig, to start coming up with a vision for our family's life for the next 5 years. It was healthy and great dreaming with her. Thanks for that tool!
Old 09-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Great update.

Do you see the parallel between the Visioning you and your wife did and the work that your friend does?

He knows how it turns out.

And when you have a clear, concise, specific vision for your life, YOU will know how it turns out, too.

That's the power.

That's the force.

Put it on your side.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:23 AM

Great wisdom, you have. There is no try this contest, only do. - Yoda Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Great update.

Do you see the parallel between the Visioning you and your wife did and the work that your friend does?

He knows how it turns out.

And when you have a clear, concise, specific vision for your life, YOU will know how it turns out, too.

That's the power.

That's the force.

Put it on your side.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:27 AM

Default 9/7

Woop woop. I need to measure and weigh today, just to see how its going. I feel pretty awesome about the last week. The only knock has actually been the workouts, but I should right the ship today and get back in the groove.

Today, I discovered an amazing thing at Quik Trip, the greatest convenience store on earth.. seriously. I have heard of all these other places that try to claim its place (Stucky's in the southwest, for example...) but QT is the bomb.. if you eat donuts, shakes, etc They have good quality coffee, too, even better than McDs and other chains. IMO. They have a little bowl of protein awesomeness now, just eggs, and then you can add other stuff to it... so I dropped in green peppers, onions and mushrooms, then stopped by the "toppings" station for their other stuff and threw some pico de gallo on there. It was awesome. Minus the cheese next time, it will be my go to Quik Trip snack. That, plus an apple and banana and I'm fueled for the day!
Old 09-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Administrator

That's the power of knowledge and a positive mental attitude.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:46 PM

The greatest convenience store on earth is Buc-ees, but we can graciously disagree! I'm not sure if Buc-ees does healthy though. I go there a couple times a year and it's all about the homemade potato chips.

I eat eggs for lunch quite often. They make me feel gaggy in the mornings, but I love them the rest of the day. Glad you have that quick option!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-07-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:18 PM

Default 9/8

Great quick workout yesterday in between a meeting and an interview. Going to get another in this afternoon. Really appreciate the BareFit program from Mike Whitfield, it's got great 25ish minute programs that typically fit my schedule.

Diet has been good until this afternoon. I left my lunch at home, have spent all I could spend on eating snacks out, drank a bunch of water, had some ACV water, too etc. nothing was working. So I gave in and ate a Breakfast Flats Cranberry Almond bar from Quaker Oats we had in the center. That's the only thing of note.

I've really done amazingly well at this. I've had at most one bite of something like my wife's spaghetti the other night, but the rest of the meal was on point. Again, working on the "I'm missing out" side of this mental battle. I'm NOT missing out, that is the result I'm getting each time, so just need to embrace this as who I am... I'm NOT missing out if I don't get to try something.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Administrator

if you give in to junk, you miss out on energy.

Focus on energy!