TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Mike Whitfield's Avatar
Mike Whitfield Mike Whitfield is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
I wanted to take a minute just to be grateful
I am very blessed. I have 6 wonderful children ages 29(on Monday), 26, 22,20,12,8
I have a supportive husband and I actually could go on for awhile


I am a fan of IF. Yesterday I started my fast at 3 pm. I am going to end it at 11 am.
I didn't want to go into work at noon today in the fasted state. I work at a Memphis style BBQ restaurant. I figure it's better to end my fast just before I go in rather than break my fast with BBQ. If I eat at work I have been going with chicken breast. The safest option. It's funny, you can tell the mindset changes that are taking place as I used to love their cornbread but read the ingredient list one day....I don't even eat it on my treat days anymore. HFCS is one of the top ingredients!

For awhile I thought my two jobs were at war...LOL. I am a certified personal trainer, ACE certified for group fitness and lots of CEC's (my ACE requirements). I was also blessed enough to be part of the live TT certification in Lapeer last November. I own my own boot camp business and work the desk at Anytime Fitness (to pay my rent for boot camp and training). As I mature in my transformation I realize it's all about choices. My restaurant job is only a war if I let it be! I can have chicken and skip the fries and corn bread. I can eat steamed green beans not deep fried green beans. The choice is mine!

I was the fat fitness professional for years! I have been through a lot of challenges in my life, I will give insight into that another day. It wasn't that I didn't know what to do. I made the choices not to apply my knowledge. My diet and alcohol consumption were out of control. That was the sole reason for my lack of transformation, my choices to medicate with food and alcohol. I knew better! No excuses!

Let your choices move you closer to your transformation not further away!
You know what to do...Do it! (for myself or anyone else who needed that)
Shawn
"You know what to do... do it!" That's great stuff Shawn.

Nice move on the fast as well - I used to tell my clients to end your fast the same way every time so they don't gorge.

Welcome to the TT Team!
Mikey
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-31-2014, 06:35 AM
Craig Ballantyne's Avatar
Craig Ballantyne Craig Ballantyne is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 29,150
Default

6 kids, wow! You never mentioned that. You rock, Shawn. Keep on pushing and transforming those folks in your town.
__________________
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-31-2014, 03:41 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default

Thank you, Mikey. I look forward to meeting you at summit.
I will have to say I absolutely love finishers!

Thank you, Craig. I have 5 boys and 1 girl. Only 2 boys left at home.

I will keep pushing!
Shawn
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-31-2014, 03:50 PM
PeterJankowski's Avatar
PeterJankowski PeterJankowski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,064
Default

Hey Shawn

Sorry I haven't dropped by yet I've been flat out lately.

See you around the forums!

Pete
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-04-2014, 07:03 AM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Hey Shawn

Sorry I haven't dropped by yet I've been flat out lately.

See you around the forums!

Pete

Thanks for stopping by Pete. i hope you are feeling better.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 AM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default female weight fluctuation

I survived super bowl weekend lol. I was quite surprised at the outcome. My nephew predicted 31-21 sea hawks. My husband said oh no it'll be closer than that(only 3 point ). Wow!

I had my treat night on Saturday so I was semi well behaved during the super bowl.
No alcohol but I did make a cleaned up version of a pear/cranberry crisp. I took a recipe from food Network magazine and took the wheat flour out and used coconut sugar instead of white refined garbage.

I got in my workout yesterday.I did the TT Thermo 30 workout A.
I have a doctors appointment this morning and work later so my workout will be in the evening today.

Shawn
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-04-2014, 12:30 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default female weight fluctuation

My original intent was to discuss the natural fluctuation in females. I started to talk about super bowl and then rushed off to my doctor's appointment.

It seems to me I fluctuate about 5 pounds in one day. As a fitness professional we encourage to look at the way our clothes fit instead of the scale.

I have an odd way of looking at it now but it works for me.

I used to let the scale frustrate me to no end. The number on the scale dictated my mood for the day. I started weighing first thing in the morning and testing throughout the day....
For instance the difference from waking weight to after taking in a quart of water (o calories) and the scale was 2 to 3 pounds more. I would test when I was over salted...(all I have to do is look at the salt shaker and I retain water) So instead of letting the scale ruin my day, I began using it as a "measure" .... I learned not to weigh my self when I knew I was holding water. It's not worth the frustration! So from all my silly experimenting I learned more about my body and my fluctuations. I know some days I will be heavier and some days I will be lighter.

The scale is a measure of fat,muscle,water, blood, bones etc. If I can gain 3 pounds from drinking a quart of water....

Ladies please don't let the number rule your day. If you are eating good and working out(consistently), the results will come.

So with all that said. I am happy to report instead of fluctuating between 198 and 203 like before the holidays (205 post holiday weigh in) I am now fluctuating between 194 and 198.
I am determined even with fluctuation to never return to over 200!

I have a scale like the doctors office so it's very nice not to clunk that back into the 200 spot lol!

Enjoy the journey and try not to take that scale so seriously,
Shawn
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM
hal1's Avatar
hal1 hal1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
My original intent was to discuss the natural fluctuation in females. I started to talk about super bowl and then rushed off to my doctor's appointment.

It seems to me I fluctuate about 5 pounds in one day. As a fitness professional we encourage to look at the way our clothes fit instead of the scale.

I have an odd way of looking at it now but it works for me.

I used to let the scale frustrate me to no end. The number on the scale dictated my mood for the day. I started weighing first thing in the morning and testing throughout the day....
For instance the difference from waking weight to after taking in a quart of water (o calories) and the scale was 2 to 3 pounds more. I would test when I was over salted...(all I have to do is look at the salt shaker and I retain water) So instead of letting the scale ruin my day, I began using it as a "measure" .... I learned not to weigh my self when I knew I was holding water. It's not worth the frustration! So from all my silly experimenting I learned more about my body and my fluctuations. I know some days I will be heavier and some days I will be lighter.

The scale is a measure of fat,muscle,water, blood, bones etc. If I can gain 3 pounds from drinking a quart of water....

Ladies please don't let the number rule your day. If you are eating good and working out(consistently), the results will come.

So with all that said. I am happy to report instead of fluctuating between 198 and 203 like before the holidays (205 post holiday weigh in) I am now fluctuating between 194 and 198.
I am determined even with fluctuation to never return to over 200!

I have a scale like the doctors office so it's very nice not to clunk that back into the 200 spot lol!

Enjoy the journey and try not to take that scale so seriously,
Shawn
Thanks for this, Shawn - I think many of us are at the point of letting the scale get to us despite our best efforts to ignore it!
__________________
Heather




Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-04-2014, 04:08 PM
shawnss711 shawnss711 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Thanks for this, Shawn - I think many of us are at the point of letting the scale get to us despite our best efforts to ignore it!
Thanks, Heather.
I know it easy to get discouraged with the number on the scale. Body weight really is so much more than fat. The way your clothes are fitting doesn't even always work as a measure for us women! I honestly am so sensitive to sodium. I can't even wear my wedding ring half the time.
I watch my sodium intake more than any other aspect of my diet. Really noticing how much less water I hold when I stay away from salty foods.
Keep moving along, you'll get there!
Shawn
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-04-2014, 05:24 PM
LeslieM's Avatar
LeslieM LeslieM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,627
Default Thanks for the reminder!

You should re-post this about every 3 days or so!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.