TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Catherine, I'm with you. If there were only such thing as spot reducing, we'd be so happy. I'd make a map out and target my thighs first! But, we must trust in the wisdom of nature and know it's for a good reason that our fat below the waist is the last to go. That said, my thighs are in my gun sights!

I thought of you when I ate my eggs cooked in butter and salad with avocado for lunch today
Yep, Fat below the belt has to be "Finessed Off" I have found. There is a bright side though: We can decide where we want to build muscle, even if we can't choose exactly where we shed fat.

Honestly, I've had some strength losses in my "Pulling" so I'm going to be consistent in working on my pull-ups and all of my upper body as well.

By the way that meal sounds great- a real hunger destroyer! I'm working on an XP version of Sugar Freedom right now. XP stands for "Extra Pure" "Extra Power" and X-Plateau. That meal would be perfect for Sugar Freedom but the tweak on XP is dairy free, and the only fruits are berries and organic granny smith apples after the 3rd day. (No fruit before) XP is what I do before a photo shoot, and I'll be doing it starting tomorrow to lead up to the Miami trip.

When I travel, I add back cream, cheese, nuts, and other fruits, and I always have organic grass-fed jerky with me as well. One of the reasons I love travel now is because I tend to lose fat when I do. (As long as wine is out!)
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Hey Catherine,
Glad to see you are in on this one; I plan on jumping in on it as well. I really need to get back to it, married life and a busy work schedule means I have maintained weight but my shape has changed, especially that lower body fat. :/

Do you make your own jerkey? I got my husband a dehydrator for Christmas and it's been wonderful to have our own organic dried produce. Next up I am going to try my hand at making grass fed/organic jerkey

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Yep, Fat below the belt has to be "Finessed Off" I have found. There is a bright side though: We can decide where we want to build muscle, even if we can't choose exactly where we shed fat.
Yes, I've chosen to make this TC more about building muscle and shape and less about losing fat, since I think that will come along with the increased metabolism from the high intensity workouts. My only constraint at the moment is my back, which has been my nemesis for years. I'm doing Rick's SI Joint Pain program religiously, but yesterday's outrigger canoe paddle -- while AWESOME and complete with spyglassing and breaching humpback whales! -- left me in quite a bit of pain today.

But I ain't giving up.

Just watched a 1/5 hr lecture by Robert Lustig, MD that I know you would love. It's all about the link between sugar and metabolic disease, leading to obesity. Lots of info. Check it out: http://youtu.be/ceFyF9px20Y
Old 01-06-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
So…

Is there a TT for Thighs program???

Time to get to work.

I need to go to the gym. And train.

TT for Thighs - I LOVE it. LOL We'll call it TTFT

Looks like this is going to be a fun competition, I hope as the I can keep up as the new kid on the block.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
TT for Thighs - I LOVE it. LOL We'll call it TTFT

Looks like this is going to be a fun competition, I hope as the I can keep up as the new kid on the block.
Jenelle, just stay consistent, train safe, and keep progressing.

I'll bet you find this next 12 weeks even more rewarding!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Hey Catherine,
Glad to see you are in on this one; I plan on jumping in on it as well. I really need to get back to it, married life and a busy work schedule means I have maintained weight but my shape has changed, especially that lower body fat. :/

Do you make your own jerkey? I got my husband a dehydrator for Christmas and it's been wonderful to have our own organic dried produce. Next up I am going to try my hand at making grass fed/organic jerkey
I want one!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Default On the news??

Catherine-saw your picture on ABC World News Tonight in a segment about super dieters and the registry you are a part of. Hope to see you and hear some words of wisdom. Nice going!!! Concetta
Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Catherine-saw your picture on ABC World News Tonight in a segment about super dieters and the registry you are a part of. Hope to see you and hear some words of wisdom. Nice going!!! Concetta
I usually see that, but I missed it last night (scooping snow and taking care of the son's dog, this week)... Darn...
Old 01-08-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Catherine, I was actually a part of that registry for years, until they lost me on one of my moves. I lost 30 lbs way back in high school and never gained it back.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
How totally cool! Wish I had seen that. I can imagine you might be able to find it online, especially if any local news affiliates pick up the story.