TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
We've been doing "gain muscle lose fat" in the studio and it's awesome. Haven't picked my training yet- but it must have pull-ups. That's what I want to improve in 2014.
If that's what you want to improve you should do them daily. Do sub maximal sets starting with one set per day and working up to 2 or 3 over the course of a couple of months. Just work different grips to prevent the chance of an overuse injury.

I'm a little perplexed as to which program to start with at the moment. Standouts right now are meatheads pump, GMLF 2.0 and Resistance Evil. However I do like the look of 2k14. I just don't know whether I'll be able to fit in 4 workouts per week though. My schedule is completely nuts at the moment.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:24 PM

The contest starts for me on Monday. Unlike the previous contest in which I placed third I'm going into this one with a great deal of focus. My focus kind of evolved in the last one. Laser beams turned on about 6 or 7 weeks in and really set themselves on the target in the last 4 weeks.

It left me wondering what kind of results could I have gotten if I dialed everything in from day one? I attempted to find out in contest 18 but got sidetracked.

Not this time though folks.

I will have some distractions to deal with. I turn 40 in February and this will involve a reward day or 2. We plan to take some holidays at that point. Maybe a trip to the Gold Coast (including a visit to Scott Rawcliffe). Beside that though I have no excuses.

I've been thinking how else I can use this thread to keep me on track in other areas of my life as well. I've got a lot of things I want to get prepared in my business to commence a new and more profitable way of operation. The course I did with Scott Rawcliffe was fantastic but I've not completed a lot of what we went through. So what I thought is at the beginning of each week of the competition I'm going to set myself a new task to be completed by the end of that week. So by the end of the competition not only will I be a "specimen" I will also have completed 12 important tasks related to getting my business in order.

Workout wise I've decided that Meatheads Pump will fill the 1st 4 weeks of the contest, then GMLF 2.0 and finally Resistance Evil. All 3 day per week programs which is much more manageable on my schedule. If I can manage a 4th day here and there it will be in the form of sprints (either hill, sled or beach).

Diet wise I going to kick things off with a 7 day sugar detox. Much needed after the Xmas shenanigans. This will be a hardcore detox solely aimed are resetting my insulin sensitivity which I believe might be slightly shot after a particularly sugar laden Christmas.

After the 1st seven days I'm going to stick with the TT nutrition principles with a little bit of IF when it suits me.

So there it is. Monday it begins.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:47 AM

Transformation competition eve.

I got my 1st workout of Meatheads pump in today as I'm back to work tomorrow.

Alisa (my wife) is threatening to join this competition as well. Let me tell you this is no small thing. She's gone from non-exerciser to "where's my next workout Pete?" in the past 6 months or so.

For her to enter a transformation competition was even off my radar. Hopefully she will follow through.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Transformation competition eve.
I got my 1st workout of Meatheads pump in today as I'm back to work tomorrow.
Alisa (my wife) is threatening to join this competition as well. Let me tell you this is no small thing. She's gone from non-exerciser to "where's my next workout Pete?" in the past 6 months or so.
For her to enter a transformation competition was even off my radar. Hopefully she will follow through.
Good luck in #19 Peter. If anyone can get shredded, it is you. 40 in February, such a young man. Enjoy your celebration, it will be a good break, and then back on track.
Hope Alisa joins the party. How cool it would be for both of you. Come on in Alisa, we are here for you. Concetta
Old 12-29-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Good luck in #19 Peter. If anyone can get shredded, it is you. 40 in February, such a young man. Enjoy your celebration, it will be a good break, and then back on track.
Hope Alisa joins the party. How cool it would be for both of you. Come on in Alisa, we are here for you. Concetta
Thanks Concetta. Today it begins!

Alisa will join in although I don't think she will be a presence on the forums. Not her thing. However she's a competitive little thing so I think once that before photo is taken she will give it all that she's got.

She's worried that she doesn't have enough weight to lose but I used you as an example. I think people mostly realize around here that the less you have to lose the harder it is drop those extra (last) couple of kilos.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks Concetta. Today it begins!
Alisa will join in although I don't think she will be a presence on the forums. Not her thing. However she's a competitive little thing so I think once that before photo is taken she will give it all that she's got.
She's worried that she doesn't have enough weight to lose but I used you as an example. I think people mostly realize around here that the less you have to lose the harder it is drop those extra (last) couple of kilos.
Truer words have not been spoken. The 6ilbs I lost in the past 21 days have really taken me months. I really believe we have "set points" and I have struggled to get to 130lbs. Goal is to stay here, stop going up those damn 2-4lbs I always do and drop to 125. That is where I want to be.
Alisa, it is tough, but you have a great coach and partner. Good luck!! Concetta
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Truer words have not been spoken. The 6ilbs I lost in the past 21 days have really taken me months. I really believe we have "set points" and I have struggled to get to 130lbs. Goal is to stay here, stop going up those damn 2-4lbs I always do and drop to 125. That is where I want to be.
Alisa, it is tough, but you have a great coach and partner. Good luck!! Concetta
For sure Concetta I know what you mean. I've definitely crept up a bit since the end of the competition. I was doing great until I got sick and then "crushed" my Xmas eating.

I think to as you get older it gets harder to keep it off. You need to be so vigilant. Then I always think to myself that unless you're Craig Ballantyne your weight is going to fluctuate from time to time. That's life you know. The main thing is that you can maintain a check on it. Have an upper and lower limit and don't go outside of those boundaries.

I'm not unhappy with my current shape but I know it can be better. So I will address that now. If down the track I find myself in a similar situation (and I will, I'm far from perfect) then I will do the same.

Speaking of being far from perfect....

I'm pushing back my start date to next Monday. I just didn't prepare. I didn't get a paper yesterday, no photo, the gym is closed and quite frankly I plan to have a drink or two on NYE (tonight) so I'll push it back to next week. I could start on Thursday but I have a thing about starting things on a Monday.

Yesterday was a good day nutrition wise though as I fasted (sort of) until dinner time.

5am - bulletproof coffee (this is the sort-of part of my fast)
6.30pm - protein shake
7.30pm - indian chicken curry with eggplant, carrot, capsicum, peas and poppadoms, 2 glasses of red wine.

Back at work today for another long dayshift.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:55 PM

Happy New Year everyone. This year is already of to a better start than last year because I'm not horribly hung over!

I started this year of on the right note by making my 1st entry into my gratitude journal. Lots to do this year if I want to give up my day job.

Yesterday was a good day. For one I avoided death on the way to work. Whilst riding to work the sun was in my eyes on a particular stretch of road. As I approached an intersection a car came from behind and cut in front of me at speed missing my handle bars by about 1cm and my front wheel by about 30cm as it tried to beat the lights. I'm not sure if they didn't see me because of the sun or if they were just an idiot. Either way if they had connected I don't think I would be here to type this today.

In the evening after work we went down to the harbour to meet up with some frends, grab a bite to eat and watch the fireworks.

Diet was a little suspect. That was sort of planned though. I was a little unprepared at work. I really need to make more effort on my work days. I'm going to pick up a nutribullet and start making super smoothies again. They're a great and convenient way to stay on track without a great deal of effort.

5.30am - bulletproof coffee
1pm - quest bar, handful of raw almonds
2pm - 1 apple
5pm - quest bar, handful of almonds
8pm - grilled snapper, chips and salad, 1 beer, 2 glasses of white wine
9pm - magnum icecream

I've got a night shift tonight and then 6 days off. Time to start installing some new changes into my business to make things more reliable and consistent.

My goal for this week is to finish my new ParQ (physical activity readiness questionnaire) form and write out my sales script.

I also want to watch the Assess and Correct DVD I purchased from Eric Cressey.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:04 AM

Nice relaxing day today. Besides snapping awake at 6.30 upon hearing the garbage truck and realizing I had forgotten to put the bins out the night before! I hate it when that happens. Frantic rush to get them out on time.

I successfully finished my ParQ this morning and learnt how to create a fillable PDF form. Very exciting I know.

Food wise not too bad. Not great, but not too bad.

7am - bulletproof coffee
11am - quest bar (got to stop eating so many of these but I find them irresistable)
1pm - 1 apple, 1 peach
5.30pm - tandoori chicken wraps (chicken thigh marinated in tandoori paste, greek yogurt and ginger, garlic chapati wraps, green leaf salad, cucumber, spring onion. fresh lime juice and extra greek yogurt for dressing). Yum! I ate 3 of them.
8pm- back at work. I've slipped up and had a coke zero and a handful of corn chips.

Bring on 7am and bed!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I successfully finished my ParQ this morning and learnt how to create a fillable PDF form. Very exciting I know.

Food wise not too bad. Not great, but not too bad.
Nice to see you making progress with your business mate...my nutrition has been terrible since Christmas. I am so sick of eating chocolate, need to focus and get back on track now.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal