TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 AM

Question Fasting

Hi guys

I have few questions about fasting as there are a few of you doing it or have done it in the past. I woke up feeling really sick this morning, very dodgy tummy, (serves me right for having some chocolate last night and a bowl of sultana bran buds where were over my cals!) so far I haven't eaten today. I don't feel sick anymore and feel better but have decided I may as well turn this into a fast.

Questions are:

1. when fasting do you just drink free fluids, ie water, black tea, sugar free drinks

2. When is the 'start' time of the fast, is it from the last time you ate, or from when you get up?

3. I got up at 7am this morning, have not eaten all day, I am hungry now, but it's nearly 7pm, last time I ate was 9pm last night , Would the 24hr fast start from then or from 7am this moring

4. how often do you do the fasts? weekly, bi- weekly, or fortnightly?

5. have you found your weight loss has increased with the fasts?

6. do you find you end up eating more the next day because you are starving!

7. do you allow yourself any food at all eg raw vegs? I was thinking of eating a celery stick! But wasn't sure if this threw out the science behind the ESE fasts?

So far today, all I have had is water and black early grey tea, I drink it very weak, so no risk of too much caffiene, as don't like strong tea and only drink coffee very occasionally. Haven't had any fizzy drinks , so plan to stick with the water/tea for rest of night.

I don't have the ESE book and this is a self invented fast, so please tell me if I am doing this completely wrong, as it's all new to me as part of a health routine.

Just thought I would give this a go as was feeling rubbish this morning, so not sure if I will do it again, but would appreciate any input anyone wants to give

thanks guys/gals

Cheers Katie