TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Hi,

Just been trying to catch up on a few threads.

Do you have any history of sciatic nerve issues? Quite often a pain that starts in the buttock and mimics hamstring pain can be traced back there. It may be worth seeing a physio to check it out if the pain persists or returns.

Great results with getting such apostivie comment - keep up the good work!!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawn View Post
I actually sat down this week and set up a 8 week rotating meal plan. I will be starting that on monday. I did this years ago when my kids were younger and it worked great. I never was at a loss of what to fix. so i am hoping that this will keep me on track and propell me into the fat loss that i am looking for. I have already calculated the calories also so i know were i will stand each day and what my deficit is for the week. can't wait to see the results.
A brilliant idea! I can barely plan a week at a time - this just blows me away!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
A brilliant idea! I can barely plan a week at a time - this just blows me away!

It takes a little time to sit and write what you like down and then put it into a menu. But once done you actually save so much more time because you just look at the menu and pull out what you are going to eat for the day. No thinking about it, no being to tired cause its all planned out and it makes shopping a breeze....in and out no surprises. But i also took a day and cooked up all my meat for at least a month and separated it into 3 oz containers and froze them so all i have to do is pull them out the night before and add my carbs and i'm done. (i no longer have kids at home so that makes it a whole lot easier .

On my walk yesterday my left calf started hurting again....grrrr its been fine for a few weeks and i have not been running and the cardio i have been doing hasn't effected my leg at all (no pain during activities). so when it started hurting yesterday it irritated me cause today i was to start my interval training again. well i decided to do them anyway but at a much slower pace so more like a medium jog. yeah well that went over like a load of bricks. guess i will be making an appointment with my doc to talk about what to do now I just don't get it. I am not overtraining, or being crazy. I am not overstretching.....i will not let this keep me down and keep me from being healthy. I refuse to give up and go back to where i was just a few years ago. its not going to happen and besides that i am really enjoying my workouts more then i ever have and i don't want to have to stop doing something i enjoy and do something that is boring. sigh
Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawn View Post
It takes a little time to sit and write what you like down and then put it into a menu. But once done you actually save so much more time because you just look at the menu and pull out what you are going to eat for the day. No thinking about it, no being to tired cause its all planned out and it makes shopping a breeze....in and out no surprises. But i also took a day and cooked up all my meat for at least a month and separated it into 3 oz containers and froze them so all i have to do is pull them out the night before and add my carbs and i'm done. (i no longer have kids at home so that makes it a whole lot easier .

On my walk yesterday my left calf started hurting again....grrrr its been fine for a few weeks and i have not been running and the cardio i have been doing hasn't effected my leg at all (no pain during activities). so when it started hurting yesterday it irritated me cause today i was to start my interval training again. well i decided to do them anyway but at a much slower pace so more like a medium jog. yeah well that went over like a load of bricks. guess i will be making an appointment with my doc to talk about what to do now I just don't get it. I am not overtraining, or being crazy. I am not overstretching.....i will not let this keep me down and keep me from being healthy. I refuse to give up and go back to where i was just a few years ago. its not going to happen and besides that i am really enjoying my workouts more then i ever have and i don't want to have to stop doing something i enjoy and do something that is boring. sigh
Do you think it could be your shoes? I was having a calf problem for a while off and on when I pushed off wrong for a shuttle sprint, and had to take it easy with intervals too so I can understand how frustrating that is. But I noticed I have not had any issues at all since I got a new pair of shoes with more padding. I love the Nike Air Reax cross trainers and running shoes, but when they get worn out, you can definitely tell a difference.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 10-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
Do you think it could be your shoes? I was having a calf problem for a while off and on when I pushed off wrong for a shuttle sprint, and had to take it easy with intervals too so I can understand how frustrating that is. But I noticed I have not had any issues at all since I got a new pair of shoes with more padding. I love the Nike Air Reax cross trainers and running shoes, but when they get worn out, you can definitely tell a difference.

Its possible it could be the shoes thanks for the thought.

I saw my doc today and she is sending me in for testing to check for blood clots and such. She has some concerns but we also talked about my stride and what i was doing exactly when it happened. So i will also be working on that for now and see if that helps too. My doppler(sp) is next week and i have to wait for the referral to come through on the other thing. She is also doing a complete blood workup to make sure my numbers are good in some other areas before we look to other possabilities. So until then its take it easy time again. my leg is still hurting today and walking has been fun. I don't think i will do any extended walking today and just give it a break.