TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 AM

I'm starting tomorrow, and I will need to remember and buy a newspaper, as I don't normally get one! I am so excited to be starting this! I have lost over 30lbs over the last 8 months, and I've got about 10lbs or so to go to get my 6 pack on show!

I'm in the middle of working out some of my goals, but one straight off the top of my head will be to try and have more variety in my diet. When I say diet here I mean the foods I eat, I hate the word "diet" to describe loosing weight. For me this has all been about a complete lifestyle change, and most defnitely not a quick fix. For the last 8 months I've been pretty much eating the same foods day in day out, I kinda like that routine, I know what works, and everything I eat is quick to prepare. But I am getting pretty bored with the same old same old.

My "weight loss" goal is simple: Lose enough body fat to get my six pack on show. I've always had a pretty poor body image after having my kids. (Two absolutely gorgeous wee girls Robyn 9 (turns 10 in October) and Holly 8 (turns 9 in April 2011). I fell pregnant with Holly when Robyn was only 9 months old, my body had no where near enough time to recover, and when Holly did arrive, it was by c section! My gene pool must be pretty crap, I suffered loads of stretch marks, my skin didn't bounce back as much as I would have liked, and a pooch from the c section. To an extent, I don't mind the marks, especially since I lost 30lbs, my tummy is looking tons better, but I am interested in non surgical treatments such a dermaroller, so if anyone has any experience on this let me know.

As I've been on my weightloss journey it's became more about me getting stronger and challenging myself to do things I never thought I could. This time last year I couldn't even run 1km without stopping. On Sunday I just ran my second 10K of this year! I can even manage push ups, and I've managed some pull ups, though I need to work on both, I know I can do it, and I'm getting stronger every day. I started to realise all these things after purchasing Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto, I highly recommend this ebook for anyone on a weightloss journey. He also has some great articles on his free blog, if anyone is interested in using visualization techniques for achieving the body of your dreams and getting stronger then I have linked to quite a few really good articles on my blog page http://iwantthoseabs.wordpress.com/2...what-you-want/

I'll be back tomorrow with my starting stats and pics!

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 AM

My God!

Your results are impressive!

You look really really really really great

Sorry for that

Julio
Old 09-09-2010, 07:52 AM

By the way

I'll show your blog to my sisters, you'll inspire them for sure!

Julio
Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM

Can't wait to see your sixpack! Insire me, girl! Thanks for sharing your blog.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Betty you look fab! you dont even look liek the same person in your before and in progress pics! You have had amazing results - very impressive!

When you say you eat the same foods everyday - what have you been eating?

Sx
Old 09-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Amazing progress so far! For stretch marks, have you tried bio oil? Worked for me a few years back.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Red face Starting Stats

Thanks everyone for your kind words :-) I'm really liking being in here and part of this. I'm a newbie, so please bear with me 'til I get up to speed. I'm going to make the time this weekend to stop by each of your threads and wish you personal luck and if I can offer advice or help :-) I will.

Ok, here are my starting stats!

Day 1:

Weight:
8st.12 3/4lbs

Measurements all in inches:
Bust 35
Waist 24.5
Hips 33
Butt 35.5
R Leg 20.5
L Leg 20
R Arm 9.5
L Arm 9.5

I still need to buy a newspaper so will take photos tonight. I'm going to start the actual TT workouts on Monday, as I have 10K to run on Sunday, and don't want 2nd day soreness. I've got a bit of a time to beat for the 10K...Anyway, I will be doing some HIIT tonight, so at least I've done something. I'll be starting with the TT Beginner Level Workouts.

I've been stuck round about this weight for the last 4/6 weeks, I did set myself the challenge of uncovering my abs by my daughter's 10th birthday (23rd October), I'm not convinced this is achieveable, but we'll see...I think though it is totally achieveable in the next 12 weeks, so expect me to be ripped by the end of this contest!

I've never took part in forums up 'til now. In the past I've always just read everyone's words of encouragement, advice, tips and think it is great. I think I've never really had the confidence to join before, but I'm here now!

I started my own blog to try and give myself some extra accountablility, but it's not really worked out the way I'd hoped, though through that I came across all you guys and Craig's programme. This contest has came along at the perfect time for me. I know I can get ripped on this programme, and since loosing 30lbs, I've still not invested in a new wardrobe, so the prize$$$money will come in pretty handy :-). Thought of new clothes = extra motivation!! :-)

Over the last 10 days I took a break from counting cals, had a little more treats than normal, and slackened off a little on the exercise (though doing 2 10Ks a week apart is pretty good going :-). I feel well rested and ready to GO!

Foods that I've relied on so far:

Staples:

Porridge
Bananas
Egg on wholewheat toast
Tuna mayo on wholewheat bread
Tuna mayo salad
Cheese salad
Very Low Fat Yogurt (sometimes with protein powder mixed in)
Chicken breasts and broccoli or green beens
Definity Banana or strawberry Protein Shakes
Protein Bars

Treats:

Jaffa cakes
Weight Watchers Chocolate Eclairs

Craving Busters:

Pickled eggs, pickled onions, jalapenos :-) YUM

Water, T & Coffee, Sugar Free Diluting Juice, Diet Irn Bru, Pepsi Max

Goals:

1. Get ripped
2. More variety in my diet
3. Do 3 full non assisted pull ups
4. Do 10 full press ups
5. Have Fun :-)
6. Limit my coffee intake to 2 cups per day and T to 1 cup per day
7. Try Green Tea (anyone like this? can you put milk in it?)

OK, I think I've covered everything! Phew! As you can see from list of "staples" there's not much variety in there at all! On the fruit/veg side, I'm looking to add in any berries and apples, tomatoes, peppers, onions, not sure on meats yet... Ooh, I've just remembered, Tom Venuto has a cracking recipe for TNT Burgers and they are AWESOME. I eat them too :-) I'll post the recipe in the nutrition section! xx

My TT days will be Mon, Wed, Fri and on non TT days I will be doing a mixture of running, swimming and cycling. The cycling will be on my indoor exercise bike whilst the running will be outside, and swimming of course in my local pool! lol. I'm signing up for next year's London Triathlon, and have got bitten by the running bug, so going to make use of non TT days for building up my training towards the Triathlon, and working towards 10 minute miles for my running.

Oh, and my calorie intake on TT days will be 1500 and non TT days 1250. There you have it!

“Just do it.”

Last edited by bettywantsabs : 09-10-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Amazing progress so far! For stretch marks, have you tried bio oil? Worked for me a few years back.
Thanks, I have tried it, but mine's are so old 9years+ that I really didn't notice much difference. Though since my stomach has shrank from the weight loss, that itself has made such an improvement. I have got a prescription from the dr. for some retin a gel, but I need to be using it for 6 months before judging, I've been using it for 3. (mainly used to treat acne...)

“Just do it.”

Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchocolate View Post
Betty you look fab! you dont even look liek the same person in your before and in progress pics! You have had amazing results - very impressive!

When you say you eat the same foods everyday - what have you been eating?

Sx
Thanks for your lovely comment :-)
My food list looks like this:

Staples:
Porridge
Bananas
Egg on wholewheat toast
Tuna mayo on wholewheat bread
Tuna mayo salad
Cheese salad
Very Low Fat Yogurt (sometimes with protein powder mixed in)
Chicken breasts and broccoli or green beens
Definity Banana or strawberry Protein Shakes
Protein Bars

Treats:
Jaffa cakes
Weight Watchers Chocolate Eclairs

Craving Busters:
Pickled eggs, pickled onions, jalapenos :-) YUM

Water, T & Coffee, Sugar Free Diluting Juice, Diet Irn Bru, Pepsi Max

Not much variety I know, I feel "safe" eating the same things, because I know it works, and I like routine, but I am getting a little bored with the same old dinner of chicken and broccoli or chicken and green beens. So that part of my diet is going to change the most. I also want to eat more berries, and apples! Can you recommend any other mid morning/afternoon snacks? thanks, Betty xx

“Just do it.”

Old 09-10-2010, 01:24 PM

Youre welcome and you deserve the compliment!

Your diet sounds pretty similar to mine and its good to know you ahve had your results by still eating carbs! I eat oats but havent been eating bread at all - sometimes i think by resitricting too many items that is when i end up with a biscuit or chocolate bar - obviously a piece of wholegrain toast would be far better im sure!

Snacks - mine are always the same - greek yog and berries usually with some protein powder or fruit and nuts, sometimes if im off track then a cracker and piece of cheese!

sx