TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010, 12:56 PM

Default 6 pack after kids & c-section? You betcha!

Hi Everyone,
Just quickly checking in and registering my thread for the upcoming contest! As you can probably guess from the title of my thread, I'm a girl :-), (welll 30 if you must know), I've got two gorgeous girls, Robyn 9 and Holly 8, and Holly was delivered by c section. I'm on a weight loss journey, and overcoming my poor body image along the way. I've never been happy with my body after having kids, it takes it's toll, and I've not been blessed with the gene pool that Mel B or Britney Spears have. (both I'm sure had c sections and their tummys look nothing like mine! lol) But not for much longer. I've lost 30lbs+ so far, and I'm feeling pretty good. But I want to take it to that next level. I want to feel amazing, and look amazing, and achieve many great things. First on my list is that 6 pack. If BuffMother can do it, we call can. Now let's get moving! I've got a 10K to run on Sunday, and then it's all systems go with TT on Monday 5th September. Standby for my starting pics and stats. I've included a picture of my current before and "work in progress" pic. My "after" pic will be me being ripped :-) Thanks for reading, Betty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beforeandafter2.JPG (45.1 KB, 100 views)
Old 09-03-2010, 04:14 PM

Hi, Betty, good luck with your transformation!! Looks like you have the right mindset to start your journey towards a leaner physique!!
Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-03-2010, 04:26 PM

Well done on the 30 pounds! And good luck in the contest!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Wow, Betty, didn't notice the 30lbs part as I first read your post, congrats on your awesome results so far!!! There's such a huge difference between your before&after photos!
Keep up the good work!
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 PM

Great to have you along for TC9 Betty.

Looks like you've made some amazing changes so far, so it looks like you're on the right road to success.

Here's to a terrific 12-week transformation for you!

Find me on Facebook
Old 09-05-2010, 09:50 AM

Hi Betty - Welcome and good luck! It's looks like you are already on the right path!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-05-2010, 09:55 PM

Hi Betty, congratulations on your results so far and best of luck as you get going with the contest! I hope your race went well. I had a C-section too-I have an almost 6 year old girl. I don't mind the C-section scar because it's pretty low, but what I wouldn't give for my stretch marks to go away! Oh well!

It comforts me a bit that even people with great genetics have years in there where they're having children too and don't look the best they ever have. The whole world watches them struggle with her weight-it must be pretty awful! When I saw that Britney Spears lost 30 lbs and regained her former fit body, it was one of the many stories that inspired me to think I could do it too. I never was much of a Britney fan, but I have to give her credit for that achievement, at least!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 09-06-2010, 01:25 PM

Welcome and good luck.

How did you lose the first 30 lbs (that is impressive BTW)?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:19 AM

Thanks for all your words of encouragement! I have limited internet access just now so haven't been able to post as often as I would have liked, I will have my home internet back up and running by Friday, and I'm going to make an effort to post everyday. I will also have recovered from the 10K I ran on Sunday, the soreness is my legs means there is no way I could do HIIT before Friday. I'm a glutten for punishment, and I'm doing another 10K this Sunday, but I'm going for a walk/run walk/run approach, as I can't delay starting my TT programme any longer. So expect starting pics and stats on Friday.

I lost the first 30lbs through simply counting my calories, understanding how much to consume, and doing more activity. Simples: Eat less - do more. I track everything I eat on my My Fitness Pal app for my iPhone. For exercise I did a combination of "boring cardio" and weight training :-) which I LOVE! I also think it's really important to set yourself goals. I'm working on a new set just now, but two things that really keep me motivated is I have a visual image in my head of how my body is going to look, and it is RIPPED I want that 6 pack and I want it bad :-) and I see how strong I am, I'm doing pull ups and push ups, two things that I can't do very much of just now, but I will!

Thanks again everyone for your words of encouragement, I wish you all success on your journey too :-), "Betty" xx

p.s. I did my 10K in 1hour8mins56secs, if anyone is interested you can see me n my medal on my blog at http://iwantthoseabs.wordpress.com
Old 09-07-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettywantsabs View Post
p.s. I did my 10K in 1hour8mins56secs, if anyone is interested you can see me n my medal on my blog at http://iwantthoseabs.wordpress.com
Cute! Thanks for sharing that!
My TT#9 contest thread