TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 07:27 PM

Today is the day! I nearly forgot about photos and my camera battery was dead so I am catching up quickly while it charges. Gee, I hope I don't miss the best light of the day. Oh well!

So I have put on some weight and it was freaking me out. I am supposedly at or below maintenance calories since finishing the last contest but my weight has gone up, down to below contest end, and back up all of the sudden. Okay, not a lot, but 4 pounds is certainly noteworthy. So I was very concerned. Today, I had my body fat tested and it's at 18.4%. Well woo hoo for that! It was 19.9 at the end of the contest. It was a new person testing but so far, that has not seemed to make much difference; every single test has been a lower number than the one before. I took measurements earlier but haven't checked to see whether they are up or down. It's my sense that they have moved both directions. Specifically, I'm pretty sure my thigh is bigger, which would certainly make sense as I have been focusing on eating more calories so I could be stronger for my workouts. If any muscle on me could have grown that quickly, it would have had to be the legs. Well, I've been working hard on pullups and chinups as well so I may have put on a bit there as well. I can't wait to see. I am now taking a shoulder measurement. More than anything, I want the waist smaller. Well, the numbers will tell me how I'm doing.

Anyway, I am sort of on an emotional roller coaster on not having exactly mastered maintenance but I know I am on the right track. If there was one thing I took away from Transformation Domination over all others, it's that the people with the hot bodies diet. They all do. Craig makes no bones about it. Someone emailed me today after a comment I made on his fanpage and said that she had lost a lot and then gained it all back because maintenance mode is too hard. Well, I choose not to believe that. I choose to believe that we are learning a new way to live and eat and not live to eat. And it doesn't stop when we've reached our goals. It will always be measuring and monitoring. And I'm cool with that. It's totally worth it to me to look how I look now. I realize I am already "good enough" but that doesn't mean I don't intend to continue working. I admit I fear the alternative. When one stops improving, one can stagnate, and worse, backslide. So I know I need those goals to motivate me. And I could not stop if I wanted to. I continue to be motivated by the sixpack. It's totally worth shooting for.

Oh shoot. Ms. PlanEverything neglected to purchase a newspaper for photos. Well, I'll cut this short in a second to go get me one.

Today is a fast day and a day off. I am more comfortable with fasting these days, I am happy to report. I guess I've been doing it about 3 months now and it feels less of a big deal. Freeing, in fact. Today I went to a business meeting and there were cookies served. What a relief to not have to even consider having one!

ETA: Well, just made it on the photos and they are pretty awful due to setting sun washing them out. And it was not an off day. Gulp. I was supposed to do the intervals we skipped yesterday. Well I guess we will make those up tomorrow night.

And also I wanted to add that I am 22 hours into a rather later than normal 24 hour fast and I am pretty darned proud of myself for having made it this far! As Catherine says, the forums are a great distraction. I am going to go start dinner any minute.
My TT#9 contest thread

Last edited by thebestme : 09-15-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 PM

Take a deep breath, darling! Sounds like you have definitely been on an emotional rollercoaster of sorts. But let's look at all of the fantastic things you've accomplished: you've lost body fat, you've put on muscle, you've begun to figure out the real "secret" to permanent health and weight loss (which is that it's an ongoing process that really never ends), you've inspired countless others on this forum and in your daily life. Naomi: you rock! Bask in that reality for a moment...take a deep breath (or two) and give yourself the self-love you deserve. *hugs to you*

-Jen
Old 09-15-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
Yes, I'm doing 2K10, just about to go do workout C. Can't wait, but I think B will be my fav for a long time. And yes, 6+ is definitely a longer circuit.

What was the other workout? Do you remember?

The hour mark is definitely where I am chomping at the bit to get out of the gym. Mostly, it's 30-45 minutes of weights, which is perfect. Under 30 and I feel it was too short.
I want to say it was TT Hardcore Fat Loss...but not quite sure. I'd have to look it up! Too much shoulder stress for me for sure.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Take a deep breath, darling! Sounds like you have definitely been on an emotional rollercoaster of sorts. But let's look at all of the fantastic things you've accomplished: you've lost body fat, you've put on muscle, you've begun to figure out the real "secret" to permanent health and weight loss (which is that it's an ongoing process that really never ends), you've inspired countless others on this forum and in your daily life. Naomi: you rock! Bask in that reality for a moment...take a deep breath (or two) and give yourself the self-love you deserve. *hugs to you*

-Jen
Aw! You're so sweet. Did I come across as frazzled? That was the late hours in the fast talking. Now I've eaten steak and asparagus with garlic and I'm mellow.

I'm really jazzed, I promise! And when I posted on FaceBook about the weight going up but body fat going down, the comments were all that I rock. So I guess I rock! I just checked out my "before" pix. They are good enough, I hope! I might be able to fix the over-exposure issue a tad in PhotoShop.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-15-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 View Post
I want to say it was TT Hardcore Fat Loss...but not quite sure. I'd have to look it up! Too much shoulder stress for me for sure.
I'm confused now! LOL! Are you saying that's a good workout, or that it stresses the shoulders too much? I've just been googling shoulder ice packs again! The one I bought doesn't seem to get very cold so I'm returning it tomorrow. Neither CVS nor Walgreens had anything specifically designed for the shoulder. It might be time to do the to-the-neck cold plunge again.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Aw! You're so sweet. Did I come across as frazzled? That was the late hours in the fast talking. Now I've eaten steak and asparagus with garlic and I'm mellow.

I'm really jazzed, I promise! And when I posted on FaceBook about the weight going up but body fat going down, the comments were all that I rock. So I guess I rock! I just checked out my "before" pix. They are good enough, I hope! I might be able to fix the over-exposure issue a tad in PhotoShop.
You did sound frazzled, yes. *laugh* But I'm glad to hear the food has helped to clear your head and set you straight again. ;-)

And, it's true...by unanimous vote: you rock! :-D Keep up the great work!

-Jen
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM

Chin up girl.....it's just a small hiccup you can overcome.....

Cheers
Ma
Old 09-16-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I am sort of on an emotional roller coaster on not having exactly mastered maintenance but I know I am on the right track. If there was one thing I took away from Transformation Domination over all others, it's that the people with the hot bodies diet. They all do. Craig makes no bones about it. Someone emailed me today after a comment I made on his fanpage and said that she had lost a lot and then gained it all back because maintenance mode is too hard. Well, I choose not to believe that. I choose to believe that we are learning a new way to live and eat and not live to eat. And it doesn't stop when we've reached our goals. It will always be measuring and monitoring. And I'm cool with that. It's totally worth it to me to look how I look now. I realize I am already "good enough" but that doesn't mean I don't intend to continue working. I admit I fear the alternative. When one stops improving, one can stagnate, and worse, backslide. So I know I need those goals to motivate me. And I could not stop if I wanted to. I continue to be motivated by the sixpack. It's totally worth shooting for.
I so agree with what you are saying. Amazing bodies do not come from sitting eating what you like and watching tv 24/7. You gotta work for it, but it can be fun! I've lost 30lbs so far (turning point for me was last December at the thought of turning 30 this year), and once you get your mindset straight, about what is good for you etc, then it becomes so much easier. The junk food stops calling your name (most of the time!), and you get a real buzz out of keeping fit. The sixpack is my biggest motivator. Gotta have goals. C'mon the 6packs! :-)

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 AM

Default Inspiration

Hi Naomi

just wanted to say your after photos look fantastic, you truly look amazing and have done so well. I wondered how long it has taken you to look that good and how much weight you have lost, I think you have children too is that right?

How many contests have you done?

Was your weight loss slow to begin with or did it come off quite quickly?

Honestly, you are such an inspirition, I don't know how you keep so focused or find the time to post on here so often for everyone, giving them your support too.

Surely you don't have any more weight to lose? Are you just trying to build muscle now? Your body fat also seems really low, crikey mine is about 10% higher than yours!

I noticed you are fasting, is that something you have done from the start?

Are you following ESE or are these fasts something you have devised for yourself? If so what you are doing?

I really admire your determination, I am only 2 weeks in and can feel mine starting to waiver already, I am a bit frustrated that I am not getting the results I thought I would.

Well done again for such an amazing result, I am not surprised you won the #8 contests, you really look fabulous.

Cheers for now

Katie
Old 09-17-2010, 12:05 PM

That was my first contest. I got very fit at around 26 and stayed fit for around 10 years. I had a baby, did Body for Life when she was 1, and then never managed another workout. I went from 160 to a high of 174. I started working out 2 1/2 years ago and research for an hour or more a day. Still, two years later, I refused to count calories. So I'd dropped over 10 pounds thru sheer hard work. Amazing, really. My belly was still huge and I thought I was the only one in the world with this situation.

So, I did the Body for Life but never submitted an essay. This is my first contest.

I had no idea I could go from .5 lbs a month to 1 lb/week! I tried a lot of diets and what clicked for me was calorie counting and Paleo diet.

The focus is all-consuming. I just need to stay here to keep reminding myself what works and not do something stupid.

I don't honestly know if I need to lose more weight but yes, I do need to lower body fat. And no, I am not insane. I still have muffin top. We don't get to choose where the fat sits and I had a lot of stress in the last decade so mine learned to love the belly. I can suck it in and flex all the time, I guess. Or I can work HARD and monitor diet carefully. The latter
seems easier to me. I can feel my abs stronger than a few weeks ago!

I am doing ESE although I confess I never bought it. So I assume I am doing it correctly. I've watched a lot of videos on Brad's YouTube channel. And read his blog and much of the thread here. I was doing it wrong last contest. I was doing a caloric restriction and fasting. Now I am working to find the balance where I eat to have loads of evergy and then use the IF to create a caloric deficit. So far, I fell much stronger but I am also bigger around the belly which is not where it's okay at all! So I'm tweaking.

Last night was workout B, the fun ciruit. I used 25 to warmup and 45 for the 3 sets. Shoulder still hurting. So hard to get it comfy on both front and back squats. Glad it's only 6 reps each. The rest of the workout was hard. I did rows instead of incline press; might as well throw in something for posture when I can't do any pushups or presses.

I will start PT on Monday if it's not much improved. I am now icing a lot and might do heat but I think that may be the wrong thing. Yesterday I had a lot of back pain after my deep tissue massage but it cleared up on its own.
My TT#9 contest thread