TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raincoast View Post
Thanks again for all the support everyone! This forum is so cool...I wasn't sure what to expect at first because I have never participated in any kind of online forum before. It's really fun to communicate with folks all over the world who have the same goals.

Katie...your transformation in TT9 was amazing! I can see why you were one of the winners. I am excited to follow you in the TT11 journey.

Today was Day 4. I did Workout B of the TT Intermediate Program and really enjoyed it. I was still sore from Monday's Workout A, but I made it through. Again, I am making more observations at my gym. Today a trainer and her client were gossiping and chatting during their session. The client was working half heartedly and the trainer was counting out her reps with obvious boredom. Not very inspiring...nor money well spent on the client's behalf! I don't see anybody doing workouts like Turbulence Training. A lot of ladies still use the machine circuits. That's OK...more dumbbells for me! I was very excited to be finished strength training plus intervals in a little under and hour. Very efficient system.

Instead of a big spinach salad for dinner, I had black bean lettuce bundles and braised baby bok choy with mushrooms. The local produce is really starting to become abundant. I also had a little planned reward snack of dark chocolate after dinner, which tasted special.
Hi there

thanks for the compliments, I feel a bit of a fraud really knowing I have regained some of the weight, but I guess it's all a learning curve. Just have to stick with it this time round and get back into that bikin!

Your day sounds good, great workout and excellent nutirion.

Yes it's funny once you start using TT, how you look at others working out in the gym and notice how mundane and boring their workouts are and what a waste of time sometimes. I just get how women can sit a read a magazine while on the bike or cross trainer!

But even the guys spend half the time standing around gossiping

keep up the great work, looking forward to your end results

Cheers KT
Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Yes it's funny once you start using TT, how you look at others working out in the gym and notice how mundane and boring their workouts are and what a waste of time sometimes. I just get how women can sit a read a magazine while on the bike or cross trainer!
This remembers me of a visit to a new opened gym in our town- it's pretty cool, because you have the gym/sauna/swimming pool in the same place. Unfortunatley, it's terribly expensive-25 Eur a day =)). The funny part is that an employee (good looking one, too) tried to convince me of the advantages of spending 1h on a stationary bike- because their bikes are brand new and have television and internet acces... :-)))))) Was about to laugh myself to death... However, I said I'll try it someday and ran away as fast as possible from that gym :-)))
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 06-03-2011, 02:27 AM

Default Day 5

Just a quick post because I am sleepy and want to go to bed!

Today was an alternate activity day...so I moved soil from my back yard to my front yard. Later, I went for a 45 min walk and hung from a monkey bar for 12 seconds. I tend to automate my meals so my dinner was the same as yesterday. Luckily I liked it!

Tomorrow is Friday...and then the weekend! I'm really looking forward to a reward meal on Saturday.

Thanks everybody for all your support during a very interesting Week 1!

TT11 Contest Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10773
Old 06-03-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raincoast View Post
Just a quick post because I am sleepy and want to go to bed!

Today was an alternate activity day...so I moved soil from my back yard to my front yard. Later, I went for a 45 min walk and hung from a monkey bar for 12 seconds. I tend to automate my meals so my dinner was the same as yesterday. Luckily I liked it!

Tomorrow is Friday...and then the weekend! I'm really looking forward to a reward meal on Saturday.

Thanks everybody for all your support during a very interesting Week 1!
Moving soil...sounds like a workout..and a good abs one at that.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Yea, yard work can be tough work. Now move it back!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:24 AM

Default Day 6

Moving soil is a great workout! You get to do squats and lifts...plus move around a full wheel-barrow while trying not to spill any on the grass.

Today was TT Intermediate A once again. I increased my weights a little tonight because I was more familiar with the workout. This was good because I worked harder. Unfortunately, negative thoughts crept into my mind...like the words "un-athletic and weak." I looked in the mirror and felt bad about myself. But I tried to shut those out of my mind and remember that I am just new to this and it is only the first week. Then I came home and had a nice spinach salad for dinner..with oranges blended with carrots, cashews and vinegar for a dressing. I topped it with goji berries and toasted sesame seeds.

Time for a good sleep! That's one thing about this program...I have been sleeping very soundly. Tomorrow morning, I want to go for a walk early before the day gets too warm and the crowds come to the beach.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Improved sleep is definitely one of the greatest benefits to exercising. I think we all have negative thoughts creep into our minds every so often, but just remember that you're making positive changes one day at a time.

The more your stick with exercise and healthy eating, the more confidence you will build. Keep up the awesome work.

By the way, that salad you described sounds delicious!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:34 AM

Wink Day 7

The Week in Review

I feel happy that I met my basic goals this week. I completed three TT workouts, stayed active on the off-days and stuck to my nutrition plan. My biggest challenges were:

1) Food. I cut out the sweets this week which resulted in some minor withdrawal symptoms. At the end of the week, I will admit that I feel much better. I am tracking my calories for the first time in my life, so I am obviously not sure if I am in the sweet spot for fat loss yet. Sometimes, I think I am eating too much...then I wonder if I am eating enough. My calculations seem reasonable, and I had a weight loss this week...so I will just relax and continue with my plan.

2) Less running. Part of me is relieved that I changed my workouts to TT strength and intervals...but part of me worries I should try to fit in running as well. Right now, I am only using running for my TT interval training. I will again RELAX and trust the process. My goals are increased strength and less body fat...and my nutrition and TT plan is setting me up for that. If I feel like a run on an off-day...I will do that for FUN...not because I have to log miles.

My big cat is doing his Workout A...scratching his carpeted post! Then he will run up and down the stairs a few times for intervals and meow for his post workout snack.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 AM

Congrats on getting through your first week!! Giving up sweets is really hard at the begining of one's transformation, so good job! About the calories, how high is your intake? At 141 lbs maybe you should aim for 1550-1600... Some people might shoot me for suggesting such a low approach, but it worked ok with me at over 200lbs and 25%BF, maybe more. See what suits you best and don't forget to ask Craig. :-)
Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 06-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Default Day 8

Thanks, antoheion! I ran several sets of calculations based on different sources…including one from one of Craig’s podcasts. All numbers came out to approximately 1500 calories…so that is my target for now. I didn’t track my calories before TT…but I know I was eating way more than that. I was eating at least 500+ calories each day in candy and sweets alone. I also have a sedentary job where I am hunched over a computer all day…it probably is better to be on the lower end of the calorie target.

Today was Plan-Shop-Prepare Day, as Craig likes to call it. I have automated my workday meals for years, eating the same main meals each week. This week’s menu:

Breakfast: Smoothie with banana, berries, spinach and vegan protein powder
Lunch: Quick and creamy vegetable bean soup + raw vegetables
Snack: Apple + almonds
Dinner: Citrus salad with orange peanut dressing (this is a huge salad) + dehydrated kale ‘chips’
Alternate Dinner: Black bean lettuce bundles + braised baby bok choy and mushrooms

With respect to workouts, the week is looking fairly simple:

Monday: TT Intermediate Workout B
Tuesday: Alternate activity
Wednesday: TT Intermediate Workout A
Thursday: Alternate activity
Friday: TT Intermediate Workout B
Saturday: Alternate activity
Sunday: Alternate activity

For my alternate activities, I have been walking and gardening a lot. When I walk through a park, I hang from monkey bars to improve my grip strength. I want to try some TT bodyweight circuits on these days…but last week I felt quite tired from the main workouts. Perhaps this week, I will have more stamina to try these. If not, I will continue with walks along the beaches and up the hills around here.

Obstacles: My week is looking pretty typical, so I am not anticipating any major obstacles to my plan. There was talk of the work crew wanting to go for Thai Food on Friday…that always ends up being too much food and a bloated feeling in the afternoon. Since I don’t want this to be my reward meal, if I go, I will order something more responsible than my usual lunch combo that got me into trouble. I have some ideas on how to modify one of the dishes.