TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2011, 04:36 PM

Default Victory Streak

Ooohh... all shiny and new and full of hope and promise and dreams to be realized!!! YAY TT11 is on its way. I'm so stokked for this one. I feel like I've worked out a bunch of my issues, and I'm seeing some between contest success and motivation and focus is higher than it had been. The sun is out more here in Alaska and I can drag the kids out for some active time easier than in the dead of winter!

YAY for turbulence training for making us see our results when we follow the plan!!! :-)
We are saying no to long boring cardio, and yes to flat fabulous abs!!!!

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 AM

Follow the plan and you'll get there. I'm so happy you're taking part in this one and can't wait to see how you progress. As you know there's a lot of support in the forum so keep that in mind.

Onto more victories!!!

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 AM

Question When to start, when to start?

On May 1st I'll be starting the last week of a 4 week workout block... sooo... should I wait a week to finish that one and start with a new workout, or does it not matter at all?
Such big decisions.
Any advice?
I'll be going from Turbulence Training for Fat loss beginners to intermediate... no not like I'm jumping to a whole new program or anything...

Goals will be forthcoming. I'm still mulling them over.

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:02 AM

Heya Amanda.. with the sun out it just makes fatloss that bit easier eh? Yeh, I'm excited too..it's all great! As for the workout.. I reakon it's up to you.. start a fresh with the start of the contest if you want.. I'm with the understanding that the 4 week change is more about not getting bored..but I may have missed something??
Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 AM

Hi, Amanda, good luck with your transformation!! About tha workouts, I guess it's up to you... As long as you eat as clean as possible, any TT workout will do the job for you! (at least it worked for me)
Stay strong,
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM

I would just finish the one you're on. Especially as you're already in the rhythm of it.
I am a bisexual kinky poly woman who performs burlesque occasionally and dances constantly. I also have two kids, could probably be called a raw foodist, and decided long ago that normalcy is overrated. Currently embracing my inner athlete and getting Turbulent with it! Fitday

Easier Than You Think Positive sexuality, parenting, raw food and more!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:17 PM

Cool little shady

Would it be shady of me to take pics every week for a few weeks at the beginning, and then again at the end... then pick which 12 weeks i like best? :-P this would take off the pressure on WHEN to start! Haha... oh goodness... that feels shady, but i was reading a thread in a previous contest where the contestant had regretted restarting his competition time frame and had better results from the first day rather than the week or two later when he "restarted".

Guess you get what you get... better just start, cuz the rest will come out in the wash.

So I pick may 9th for my start date. This will bring me to the week I have to go back to my school nursing job, seems like a pivotal week to celebrate a new physique (my word for the week) :-)

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills

Old 04-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Just a little bomb occurred to me as I was reading through your thread... try not to stress. It'll work against everything you put forth to accomplish your goals. I've had some of my best results at times when I throw my hands in the air and see where the current takes me - this does not imply abandoning any common sense.

It struck me a long time ago how you could see someone one time after months of not seeing them and they notice changes that you would never suspect in a mirror. Its because you see yourself everyday and don't notice the changes as they're happening.

The other thing is a question of how long can you sustain obsession without detriment? If we're trying to make permanent changes to our lifestyles, doesn't it behoove us to make changes within the realm of sustainability? If I cut my calories to 1000 a day; I may get quick results (and a slightly grey hue to my complexion...), but how long could I really keep that up? It's about turning small changes into habits.

So, pick your date and stick with it. You have a community to support you.

I hope this reads the way I heard it in my head! It was just some things that struck me while reading your thread. Maybe I was just writing it here to read to myself... Hope that's ok.

BTW - every time I read your thread title I swear it says Victory Steak!

Wishing you the best!!

Last edited by DutchLaramie : 04-26-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchLaramie View Post
The other thing is a question of how long can you sustain obsession without detriment? If we're trying to make permanent changes to our lifestyles, doesn't it behoove us to make changes within the realm of sustainability? If I cut my calories to 1000 a day; I may get quick results (and a slightly grey hue to my complexion...), but how long could I really keep that up? It's about turning small changes into habits.
You are so right about the importance of small changes!! Baby steps, patience and consistency will get you where you want at the end of these 12 weeks!!
Stay strong!!
Ion
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Old 04-26-2011, 02:44 PM

BTW - I wouldn't worry too much anyway - you're results during the last contest were pretty fantastic!