TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 AM

Smile I'm back!

I'm happy to report I'm back! my membership was deactivated, actually. But I put in a request to re-activate, because it was the 3 month free trial, not the 1 month free trial which expired Oct 14. So I'm back!
Unfortunately, I messed up the whole nutrition part. More details on that later.
However, I stuck with the TT program and am in the second to last week of the Original TT fat loss program. I have been running 30 or more minutes on the other days of the week, with one full day of rest each week still, except last week, my Friday workout (TT) moved to Saturday, and I didn't workout Friday or Sunday.

Anyways, I'm just glad to be back. And I've started seeing a wellness doctor who will help keep me on track, cleanse, detox, and get my nutritional accountability going. I went to conferences in October and also went off the deep end with stress and stuff, but I am so much better now. My weight was at 142 lbs last I weighed in, and waist 31.5 inches, so I've got a long way to go. I also was not sleeping much for a few weeks there, and took 2hr naps on Sundays, and was still tired. So I'm doing better, looking forward to reading other people's threads and posting more frequently. But now I have to finish my work tonight and I'll be back tomorrow.

Yay I'm back! I'm definitely finishing this program, and I really have to get the nutritional part in order so that's what I'm working on.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 AM

Nice to see you back Violet!!!

Won't take you long to get back into the swing of things again, especially
now that you have seen a wellness doctor and some support with your nutrition etc.
Get more rest and take care of yourself.

Cheers
Ma
Old 11-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Good to see you again I will finish up TT Original this next week. Then on to 2K3 when I get back from a 5-day family visit.

Did you decide on a food scale?

ďAll the planning in the world is no good if you donít follow through. Be a robotic action-taker.Ē
Craig Ballantyne, Important Tip, 1/13/09

Last edited by KittyR : 11-07-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM

thanks for the posts!
so I actually still have not shopped for a food scale, yet...I still have to convince myself that I would use it, take the time to do so, and not just go back and slide into not measuring because I don't really want to know how much I am eating.... or get obsessed about the numbers and try to correlate them to feelings of hunger/fullness which NEVER works due to hydration levels, types of foods, gas/bloating, exercise/sleep levels, hormone levels, etc.

I'm going to see what my wellness doctor says, but I'm putting the food scale on hold a bit longer.

I did my long run Saturday - 56 minutes. hadn't done one for a couple weeks. Today I'm going to do a lot of stretching because I have some tightness and also my knee is really bothering me.

I visited a friend yesterday and they put in front of me cheesecake and carrotcake and a smoothie - but these were small portions, so I didn't feel so bad eating it. I didn't eat as much the rest of the day. Not so good on getting a lot of veggies and fruits in, but I was kinda hungry when I slept, so I think I didn't go over on calories.

Today, nutrition went well:

2 eggs, yam sliver of butter

seared ahi tuna (at home) broccoli, lettuce, celery, sliver avocado, 1 shrimp, 5 almonds

chicken ~ 4 oz, ~ 24 almonds, .5 cup brown rice, .25 c quinoa, 1 tbsp olive oil, .5 carrot

1 small coconut candy that was from Vietnam - just had to try from a relative's trip.

I think I can have a little protein and greens still, after my yoga like session.

So, this week I have the final week of the Original TT for fat loss workouts, running on the other days, and I am so looking forward to a dance marathon weekend next weekend. Plus I am seeing my wellness dr to help with nutrition, chiropractic, and detox. and I hope I can get all that work done at work - everyone's so busy.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:39 AM

Good to see you back Violet. I have a suggestion regarding keeping how much food you're actually eating. When I first got serious about becoming fit - about 3 years ago now - I started out measuring and weighing my food and entering what I ate into a program to calculation the calories etc. I did this primarily to understand the energy density in food rather than worrying about the exact numbers. So for example, how many calories are actually in that doughnut, or can of tuna or carrot etc.

My long-term goal for nutrition all along is to make eating the right food and the right quantity of food as habit and as natural as possible. So what I've done recently is think in terms of "servings". Instead of counting grams and ounces, I count "servings". You still need to learn about serving size and how much a serving actually is so there is an element of guesswork and experience involved but there are some great resources on the web which feature typical serving sizes as images so it's easier to get your head around how much you should be eating instead of trying to think about whether something is 3oz or 4oz (and we tend to under-estimate in any case!)

Hope this helps - I'd be interested to know what you think.