TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 05:28 PM

Hi Donna.. I had to google hara hachi bu. What a focused and mindful way to eat. I like. How's Sydney? I'm an ex- Sydney sider who ended up on the other side of the planet. How I miss Vietnamese soups from Marrickville. You've got some razor focus going on..
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
You will like Workout C of 2k9. It is a lot like Thermogenic. I use one set of DB's and never put them down until I am at the end of the set. Pretty metabolic.............
yeah i am really looking forward to trying that on Friday Rob !! it looks great. plan to use kettlebells for most of it but have a couple dumbbells lined up by the bench for the chest presses. see how it goes
Old 09-10-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Great job on the workout...and...are those pics of your actual food or are to posting pics from the recipe book you're getting them from? It looks wonderful. What's in the rice balls?
yep iphone pics of my own food - thanks for that. not bad for the old 3GS huh - it is still going strong.

rice balls not really a usual fixture in my diet ... they were from my local japanese tapas takeaway joint, ordered a lot on Sat night. their menu description “panko rice balls w blue cheese, shitake mushroom + a little wasabi mayo” . Quite tasty !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
How do you like Fitocracy?
it's not bad. at the most basic level a reasonable workout logger (although i can foresee difficulties logging some of the more creative TT exercises coming up in my workouts !) and getting the points and going up levels is quite fun - if you have any sort of competitive spirit, helps motivate a bit.

you can go nuts and get into all the social networking side of it too which i haven't - lots of groups for various fitness interests/goals etc which seem to be very active.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hi Donna.. I had to google hara hachi bu. What a focused and mindful way to eat. I like. How's Sydney? I'm an ex- Sydney sider who ended up on the other side of the planet. How I miss Vietnamese soups from Marrickville. You've got some razor focus going on..
hi Deb you got it with the word mindful - Lean Eating is a whole 12 month program and that is it right there. the 80% (hara hachi bu) is a pretty hard habit to achieve consistently. I got some of my best results during LE when I nailed it for a brief period, then slid off the slope. So it's a big goal during this challenge to get back to that place.

Sydney .. gorgeous right now, real spring weather which (along with autumn) is my favourite time of year. I'm originally from Auckland NZ, but settled in and love it here
Old 09-11-2012, 07:12 AM

Default day 3, Tue 11th Sept

30 mins AR (10 mins foam rolling, 20 mins joint mob/light bw exercises)

6:45am black tea w bit of milk

8:30am smoothie (cottage cheese, vanilla sun warrior, ginger, cinnamon, zucchini, kale, frozen banana + berry antioxidant cubes); black tea w bit of milk

10am double shot coffee w milk

12:30pm 2 boiled eggs, mix veges; double shot coffee w milk, apple

3:20pm beef mince, mix veges, tahini

004_410x307.jpg

4:10pm black tea w bit of milk, small apple, 20g G&B 85% choc

7:30pm salad w mix veges, mussels, smoked salmon w Thai style chilli/lemongrass/coriander/cashew dip

005_410x307.jpg
Old 09-11-2012, 07:33 AM

Just a quick note too today Tue especially good - a win for me. I ended up working from home as I was called just before I was supposed to leave for the office and ended up spending all morning on a conference call. Had food prepped to take with me (containers of cut up veges) so ate as if I was at work. It's always very tempting to go out to a cafe for lunch when I'm working from home - especially after a long callout - I really do still think of indulgent meals as a reward. Especially when I'm tired. While I don't want to be one of these people who just thinks of food as fuel, there is still some shifting of this concept to do.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiogrrl View Post
Just a quick note too today Tue especially good - a win for me. I ended up working from home as I was called just before I was supposed to leave for the office and ended up spending all morning on a conference call. Had food prepped to take with me (containers of cut up veges) so ate as if I was at work. It's always very tempting to go out to a cafe for lunch when I'm working from home - especially after a long callout - I really do still think of indulgent meals as a reward. Especially when I'm tired. While I don't want to be one of these people who just thinks of food as fuel, there is still some shifting of this concept to do.
Hi Donna,
I just commented to London Girl on that........you're not alone, there! Rob
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM

Hello and welcome!

I also carry on, joining the 15th contest after the 14th that has started my transformation.

We are in the same category, so lets gooooo and win!

Wish you the best,
Ariane
Old 09-11-2012, 12:56 PM

DONNAs BACK!!!! Positively thrilled to see your posts, and especially your food pics. Just like old times. I will be joining #15 as soon as I get my pictures loaded. I will also be incorporating charity into my challenge. More to follow. So happy you are back. Concetta
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
Hi Donna,
I just commented to London Girl on that........you're not alone, there! Rob
yes probably why most of us are here Rob