TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 11th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 PM
galaxy galaxy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092
Smile Galaxy - just get on with it!

Hi Guys

Well I have procrastinated for a week or 2 when I should start and when I should get measured and when I should start eating clean, etc etc. I have even sat for ages about what title to use, any excuse just to prolong it a bit longer!

Honestly, I am my own worst enemy, I just really drag things out sometimes.

But today I am sitting down and I am saying it here and now I am joining contest #11.

Yay there it is I have committed myself.

Since contest number 9 my weight has gone up a bit, down a bit and up a bit more and a bit more, so enough is a enough. I am actually quite embarrassed to say that I have regained almost 10lbs of the 21lbs I lost in #9. I have had a lot of emotional stress as my FIL has been diagnosed with terminal cancer which seems to be spreading throughout his body, we live 10,000 miles away so it's very hard. I am an emotional eater, but that's no excuse, only I have control over what goes in my mouth. So unless I actually get my backside into gear and do something about this, nothing will change and being overweight does not help me with the stress it makes it worse.

I am a much happier person when my eating is in control and it makes me feel better about other things in my life.

So here goes, officially day 1 was last Thursday as I did actually get my skin folds done last week and got weighed, so I will pop back later and put those measurements on here. They were taken in mm, so I will need to convert them to inches as that's what most people seem to use on here.

On a positive note, I have kept up with my TT workouts, I started Booty for Wife last week which is a 12 weeks program and I am really enjoying it. So will pop by later and post my workouts and measurements.

As it stands I am already 1 week into the contest and my weight has not changed, so eating from now on needs to be clean and I will also post my goals here too. If I want to enter the 6 weeks contest I have 5 weeks of hard work to get into!

Cheers for now guys

I will go find my measurements and post them soon. Even if I have to post them in mm at least they will be here.

cheers for now Katie
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2011, 12:51 AM
antoheion antoheion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iasi
Posts: 1,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Guys

Well I have procrastinated for a week or 2 when I should start and when I should get measured and when I should start eating clean, etc etc. I have even sat for ages about what title to use, any excuse just to prolong it a bit longer!

Honestly, I am my own worst enemy, I just really drag things out sometimes.

But today I am sitting down and I am saying it here and now I am joining contest #11.

Yay there it is I have committed myself.

Since contest number 9 my weight has gone up a bit, down a bit and up a bit more and a bit more, so enough is a enough. I am actually quite embarrassed to say that I have regained almost 10lbs of the 21lbs I lost in #9. I have had a lot of emotional stress as my FIL has been diagnosed with terminal cancer which seems to be spreading throughout his body, we live 10,000 miles away so it's very hard. I am an emotional eater, but that's no excuse, only I have control over what goes in my mouth. So unless I actually get my backside into gear and do something about this, nothing will change and being overweight does not help me with the stress it makes it worse.

I am a much happier person when my eating is in control and it makes me feel better about other things in my life.

So here goes, officially day 1 was last Thursday as I did actually get my skin folds done last week and got weighed, so I will pop back later and put those measurements on here. They were taken in mm, so I will need to convert them to inches as that's what most people seem to use on here.

On a positive note, I have kept up with my TT workouts, I started Booty for Wife last week which is a 12 weeks program and I am really enjoying it. So will pop by later and post my workouts and measurements.

As it stands I am already 1 week into the contest and my weight has not changed, so eating from now on needs to be clean and I will also post my goals here too. If I want to enter the 6 weeks contest I have 5 weeks of hard work to get into!

Cheers for now guys

I will go find my measurements and post them soon. Even if I have to post them in mm at least they will be here.

cheers for now Katie
Hi, Katie. good luck with your transformation!! I remember you from TC8!! Great thing that you already started BFW!
Stay strong,
Ion
__________________
"The loneliest words you'll ever know:
If only, if only it were so
The emptiest words that there’ll ever be:
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 AM
debz0773's Avatar
debz0773 debz0773 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 867
Default

Hi Katie.. That's the only way isn't it...getting on with it.. good on you and best wishes!! Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Guys

Well I have procrastinated for a week or 2 when I should start and when I should get measured and when I should start eating clean, etc etc. I have even sat for ages about what title to use, any excuse just to prolong it a bit longer!

Honestly, I am my own worst enemy, I just really drag things out sometimes.

But today I am sitting down and I am saying it here and now I am joining contest #11.

Yay there it is I have committed myself.

Since contest number 9 my weight has gone up a bit, down a bit and up a bit more and a bit more, so enough is a enough. I am actually quite embarrassed to say that I have regained almost 10lbs of the 21lbs I lost in #9. I have had a lot of emotional stress as my FIL has been diagnosed with terminal cancer which seems to be spreading throughout his body, we live 10,000 miles away so it's very hard. I am an emotional eater, but that's no excuse, only I have control over what goes in my mouth. So unless I actually get my backside into gear and do something about this, nothing will change and being overweight does not help me with the stress it makes it worse.

I am a much happier person when my eating is in control and it makes me feel better about other things in my life.

So here goes, officially day 1 was last Thursday as I did actually get my skin folds done last week and got weighed, so I will pop back later and put those measurements on here. They were taken in mm, so I will need to convert them to inches as that's what most people seem to use on here.

On a positive note, I have kept up with my TT workouts, I started Booty for Wife last week which is a 12 weeks program and I am really enjoying it. So will pop by later and post my workouts and measurements.

As it stands I am already 1 week into the contest and my weight has not changed, so eating from now on needs to be clean and I will also post my goals here too. If I want to enter the 6 weeks contest I have 5 weeks of hard work to get into!

Cheers for now guys

I will go find my measurements and post them soon. Even if I have to post them in mm at least they will be here.

cheers for now Katie
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 PM
galaxy galaxy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092
Smile day 14

Hi guys

thanks for your suppportive messages. Ion nice to see a friendly face back for another TT contest, I am sure you goint to rock, just like you have in the past. I always admired your fantastic dedication to your nutrition, it put my to shame sometimes!!

Anyway I said I would be back with my goals and measurements.

Measurements taken on 5 May:

arm girth relaxed 32cm (12.5")
Chest girth 90.1 cm (35.5")
Waist girth 76.0 cm (30")
Gluteal girth 94.3 cm (37.5")
thigh girth 59.5 cm (23.5")
calf girth 37.1cm (14.5")

BMI 27.1
waist/hip ratio 0.81
sum of 8 skinfolds 172.0mm
body fat 27.3%

weight: 130.lb

Goals for first seven days:
log food every day on myfitness pal
lose 2lb
do TT workouts x 3 a week plus 3 x other activity

Goals for six weeks:
lose 7lb of weight
fit back in black jeans and feel good in them!
check and post TT forum at least 3 times a week (i need the support and inspiration)

goals for 12 weeks
lose 12lb of weight
wear brown skinny dress (and feel really good in it!)
enter 12 week comp

Ok guys there it is in black/white, I already have the goals stuck on my fridge door and I will write a post it at work for my desk.

A colleage at work does my skin folds and measurements, as I work in School of Sport and Exercise Science, so I have accountablity there and I will keep up with the forum so I have even more!

I am feeling better keeping up with the TT workouts and I have already done 1 fast this week and am doing another 1 today. I think ESE is the way for me, but I am also trying to eat more protein and more vegs at every meal too.

Ok that's it for now, need to check out your posts now.

hope everyone doing well

cheers for now Katie
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2011, 01:13 AM
firemedicrr's Avatar
firemedicrr firemedicrr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi guys

thanks for your suppportive messages. Ion nice to see a friendly face back for another TT contest, I am sure you goint to rock, just like you have in the past. I always admired your fantastic dedication to your nutrition, it put my to shame sometimes!!

Anyway I said I would be back with my goals and measurements.

Measurements taken on 5 May:

arm girth relaxed 32cm (12.5")
Chest girth 90.1 cm (35.5")
Waist girth 76.0 cm (30")
Gluteal girth 94.3 cm (37.5")
thigh girth 59.5 cm (23.5")
calf girth 37.1cm (14.5")

BMI 27.1
waist/hip ratio 0.81
sum of 8 skinfolds 172.0mm
body fat 27.3%

weight: 130.lb

Goals for first seven days:
log food every day on myfitness pal
lose 2lb
do TT workouts x 3 a week plus 3 x other activity

Goals for six weeks:
lose 7lb of weight
fit back in black jeans and feel good in them!
check and post TT forum at least 3 times a week (i need the support and inspiration)

goals for 12 weeks
lose 12lb of weight
wear brown skinny dress (and feel really good in it!)
enter 12 week comp

Ok guys there it is in black/white, I already have the goals stuck on my fridge door and I will write a post it at work for my desk.

A colleage at work does my skin folds and measurements, as I work in School of Sport and Exercise Science, so I have accountablity there and I will keep up with the forum so I have even more!

I am feeling better keeping up with the TT workouts and I have already done 1 fast this week and am doing another 1 today. I think ESE is the way for me, but I am also trying to eat more protein and more vegs at every meal too.

Ok that's it for now, need to check out your posts now.

hope everyone doing well

cheers for now Katie

How can your body fat be 27.3 and your weight 130? Are you super short? I just find that hard to believe.... Seems too high of a bodyfat for that weight.
__________________
-Rachel


"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2011, 02:53 AM
galaxy galaxy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
How can your body fat be 27.3 and your weight 130? Are you super short? I just find that hard to believe.... Seems too high of a bodyfat for that weight.
Hi there

Yes I am super short! 4'10" so very small. I had my skin folds done by an expert and she has worked out a forumla to work out my body fat %. So I am hoping that it's correct as she is not keen on using body % as a goal when I asked her to do it for me.

She beleives that you should concentrate on reducing your skin fold measrements overall and that should be your goal by doing that you are naturally reducing your body fat.

So to be honest, I am not sure if the calcuation is right or the % measurement she has given me is correct, but I guess the overall goal is to reduce it by the end of the 12 weeks. So as long as I use the same person to do my measurements next time, and she uses the formula then as long as its lower then I am doing the right thing.

I think we can get hung up on numbers too much, I do the same with the scales, wanting to be a certain weight etc. I had this probem in contect #9, but Craig put me right with that one and with the help other TT members, I got over that.

As long as I am healthy, fitter and look better I won't worry too much about the numbers.

Oh and can fit into my little brown dress!

Cheers for now Katie
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 PM
hal1's Avatar
hal1 hal1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,112
Default

Hey Katie - good to see you back! Good luck in the contest - I'll be checking in on you to see how you're doing!

__________________
Heather




Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2011, 01:54 AM
antoheion antoheion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iasi
Posts: 1,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi guys

thanks for your suppportive messages. Ion nice to see a friendly face back for another TT contest, I am sure you goint to rock, just like you have in the past. I always admired your fantastic dedication to your nutrition, it put my to shame sometimes!!

Anyway I said I would be back with my goals and measurements.

Measurements taken on 5 May:

arm girth relaxed 32cm (12.5")
Chest girth 90.1 cm (35.5")
Waist girth 76.0 cm (30")
Gluteal girth 94.3 cm (37.5")
thigh girth 59.5 cm (23.5")
calf girth 37.1cm (14.5")

BMI 27.1
waist/hip ratio 0.81
sum of 8 skinfolds 172.0mm
body fat 27.3%

weight: 130.lb

Goals for first seven days:
log food every day on myfitness pal
lose 2lb
do TT workouts x 3 a week plus 3 x other activity

Goals for six weeks:
lose 7lb of weight
fit back in black jeans and feel good in them!
check and post TT forum at least 3 times a week (i need the support and inspiration)

goals for 12 weeks
lose 12lb of weight
wear brown skinny dress (and feel really good in it!)
enter 12 week comp

Ok guys there it is in black/white, I already have the goals stuck on my fridge door and I will write a post it at work for my desk.

A colleage at work does my skin folds and measurements, as I work in School of Sport and Exercise Science, so I have accountablity there and I will keep up with the forum so I have even more!

I am feeling better keeping up with the TT workouts and I have already done 1 fast this week and am doing another 1 today. I think ESE is the way for me, but I am also trying to eat more protein and more vegs at every meal too.

Ok that's it for now, need to check out your posts now.

hope everyone doing well

cheers for now Katie
Good luck with your transformation, Katie!! Thanks a lot for your kind words, but I don't deserve them entirely- I burned out mentally 2 months after TC 8 and put 5 kg back on (after 7 months of TT total) so I need to figure how to stick with the lifestyle changes for longer than this.
Your goals sound great, with proper nutrition you'll be able to lose even more than 12 lbs!
How about setting some training goals too? Like doing more pushups, etc. Just a thought
Here's to your succes!!
__________________
"The loneliest words you'll ever know:
If only, if only it were so
The emptiest words that there’ll ever be:
It could've been me, it could've been me..."
Meat Loaf- A kiss is a terrible thing to waste
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2011, 06:07 AM
ttramone ttramone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Guys

Well I have procrastinated for a week or 2 when I should start and when I should get measured and when I should start eating clean, etc etc. I have even sat for ages about what title to use, any excuse just to prolong it a bit longer!

Honestly, I am my own worst enemy, I just really drag things out sometimes.

But today I am sitting down and I am saying it here and now I am joining contest #11.

Yay there it is I have committed myself.

Since contest number 9 my weight has gone up a bit, down a bit and up a bit more and a bit more, so enough is a enough. I am actually quite embarrassed to say that I have regained almost 10lbs of the 21lbs I lost in #9. I have had a lot of emotional stress as my FIL has been diagnosed with terminal cancer which seems to be spreading throughout his body, we live 10,000 miles away so it's very hard. I am an emotional eater, but that's no excuse, only I have control over what goes in my mouth. So unless I actually get my backside into gear and do something about this, nothing will change and being overweight does not help me with the stress it makes it worse.

I am a much happier person when my eating is in control and it makes me feel better about other things in my life.

So here goes, officially day 1 was last Thursday as I did actually get my skin folds done last week and got weighed, so I will pop back later and put those measurements on here. They were taken in mm, so I will need to convert them to inches as that's what most people seem to use on here.

On a positive note, I have kept up with my TT workouts, I started Booty for Wife last week which is a 12 weeks program and I am really enjoying it. So will pop by later and post my workouts and measurements.

As it stands I am already 1 week into the contest and my weight has not changed, so eating from now on needs to be clean and I will also post my goals here too. If I want to enter the 6 weeks contest I have 5 weeks of hard work to get into!

Cheers for now guys

I will go find my measurements and post them soon. Even if I have to post them in mm at least they will be here.

cheers for now Katie
Hi Katie - good on for you entering another TTTC. Way to hang in there. You could have decided it was too hard or you were too embarrassed, but you didn't, so well done. Sad to hear about the FIL, that is really tough to deal with. I look forward to reading about your journey; I bet you do great. I hope to egg you on as much as I can and get inspired by you in return. Good luck mate!!

Tanya
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
galaxy galaxy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092
Default Tuesday week 3

Crikey can't beleive I am into week 3 already it's going way too fast! Weekend has been a bit shaky with socialising so food not 100% good and also had a few too many drinks I guess

Our best friends here in NZ have decided to go back to the UK and they are leaving this week, they have been like our family for the last 4.5 yrs and our youngest children are very close, so it's very hard to say goodbye. My youngest son is very very sad and keeps asking me why they have to go, it's really hard to deal with as I feel just as upset and sad as he does!

anyhow I am still very low about it all, but have managed not to completely lose the plot with food and have still got to gym and done my TT workouts. Saturday I also added in the total body ten circuit which is really good, super quick but super hard, really good to use when you are short of time.

Saturday - totaly body 10 circuit

Sunday - 1 hour walk very brisk pace, nice to be out in the sunshine

Monday - day off mentally and physically tired from the weekend emotions and 10 circuit

Tuesday - got to gym at 5am this morning, it's freezing here in NZ today, freezing fog everywhere , damp and dreary, not nice at all.

but hit the gym and did Workout A from booty for wife

General Bodyweight Warm-up Circuit
• Go through the circuit TWICE using a 2-0-1 tempo for each exercise.
• Rest 30 seconds between warm-up circuits.
1) Lying Hip Extension – 15 reps
2) Mountain Climbers – 6 reps per side
3) Stability Ball Hip Extension – 10 reps
4) Stability Ball WYT’s – 8 reps each
5) Split Squat – 8 reps per side
6) Leg Swings – 15 reps per side
7) Pushups or Kneeling Pushups – 8 reps
Day 1 – Workout A

• Specific Warm-up Sets
o Do one set of 1A with 50% of the regular weight and do 6 reps.
o Do one set of 1B for 6 reps.
1A) DB Split Squat – 8 reps per side (2-1-1) - used 8kg weight each hand
1B) Stability Ball Leg Curl – 12 reps (2-0-1)
• Rest 1 minute and then repeat the superset 2 more times.

2A) DB Step-up – 8 reps per side (2-0-1) used 6kg weight each hand
2B) Plank – 30 seconds
2C) Stability Ball Jackknife – 10 reps (2-1-1)
2D) Stability Ball Rollout – 8 reps (3-0-1)
• Rest 1 minute and then repeat the circuit 2 more times.

Phase 1 Interval Workout A
which is bascially 2 mins hard at 7.5 effort then 1 min easy level 3 x 4 times through.

I used the treadmill for this.

Feel good today, but tired from hitting gym so early!

Am also doing a fast today so hope I manage the day through, .

cheers all will try to drop round your posts and see how everyone else getting on.

Cheers for now Katie

Last edited by galaxy : 05-23-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.