View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 AM

Default Tea, and unravelling the secrets of the Universe

Back again!

2011 started off great for me, and last spring I was in the best shape of my life; flat belly, happy face, the works.

Then something went a bit wrong! I'm not sure what... But I started to stress more about my work, and I also made the mad decision to write a book.

Mental, I know. But welcome to my head.

So, my new year's resolution is to Keep Calm and Carry On. And staying with the British theme, I also resolve to drink more tea (I'm now a member of a tea club - how posh!) I have cinnamon chai tea, caramel rooibos tea, peppermint green tea, and cranberry and apple tea to name a few. It's going to be awesome.

Oh, and I'm vowing to do more yoga too. I say this every year, but this time I really mean it.

The plan.

Grub

I'm sticking to my plan that worked so well at the start of the last contest - no bread, sugar or drinky-poos except for Saturday cheat day. My meals will go something like this:

Green smoothie
Veg/legume/grain themed lunch
Raw nut/seed themed snack
Veg/legume/grain themed tea
A lovely cuppa (with other steaming mugs throughout the day).

I'm keeping it simple. I know what's healthy and what's not. I have a tendency to get too worked up about tiny details, which just stresses me out even more. Well from now on I'm just eating sensibly! (Easy, right?)

Oh, and as always, I will listen to my body and eat when it wants food, and stop when it doesn't.

Exercise

TT workouts during lunch Mon-Fri (will need to split them up)
Daily yoga (not much, but just a wee taster)
Dance Wednesday and Friday
Ballet stretch/exercise program twice a week (about balance, flexibility etc than working up a sweat)

MY GOALS!

I'm not tackling specific foods; this time I'm tackling behaviours. Throughout the contest I'm focussing on after work and after dinner snacks, because this is where I mess up. The former I'll fight with raw snacks, the latter with amazing cups of tea (to wash away that need to eat something sweet that always follows a main meal, much to my extreme annoyance and consequent weight-gain).

In week 5 I'm introducing a new problem to overcome - eating in relation to work. I.e. Eating because I'm not at work, eating because I had a crap day at work, eating because I don't want to go to work. And so on and so forth.

And then if that goes to plan I'll pick something else to look at in week 9 (I have a long list).

My aim is to get rid of all the other reasons I eat besides hunger. There are many, and it's going to be difficult, but I'll never be able to properly progress unless I address them one at a time.

Jings! Wish me luck!

It's Hogmanay today and we're having curry and booze and a big family brunch tomorrow - so I'll start on Monday. I can't enter officially but I need these contests to keep me in check.

Let's all have a splendid 12 weeks