View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Default getting back to skiing

A contest is always a good motivator. Unfortunately, the beginning of my TT 12 was slowed down a bit from my cracked bottom rib, and rather sore chest bone. That was from a very heavy hit into the outside wall that ended my home track NASCAR Stock Car racing season on August 27, at Edmonton International Speedway. My legs were still OK so I am still primarily using leg based exercises. Part of my TT motivation is to get back skiing this winter, and I am in no shape yet to enjoy that as much as I used to 30 years ago. So a fat slob like myself of course has a great advantage in a fitness based contest, coming from far behind. Time for renewal, and I am sure I will also sign up for TT 13, when I should be in a decent shape to really get full advantage of the primarily quick burst exercises the TT concept builds on. I am very busy, so time is always a factor.
My stats: on September 11, 2011 I was (still am) 61 years young, and 6 foot 1 inches.
My scale showed 280 pounds for a bmi of 37 (class 2 obese). Chest = 49, navel = 53, belt = 48, butt = 46 and leg 27.
On October 16 the scale = 265, (dropped 15 pounds) bmi = 35 (class1 obese) , chest = 48, navel = 51, belt = 45 (two holes), butt = 45 and leg = 26.
Of course, my meal total elimination of sugar and easy carbs has contributed, but I am convinced that the fast high intensity exercises I do have been the key. I am not yet in a good enough shape to do most TT sets, but come TT 13, I may be there, and at least sign up then too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alar_Aksberg_TT_start.jpg (79.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg TT six week entry.jpg (22.5 KB, 43 views)