View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:58 AM

Smile Ali's Journey So Far....

My Journey So Far….

4 months ago I gave birth to my first child (Ashlyn). Pregnancy and child birth brought all that was promised: weight gain, a changing body, exhaustion, hormones and a lack of time. Like all new moms I was looking to get my body back, but there was a lot working against me. I found Craig’s TT programs and was a bit skeptical, as I have always focused on long hours of endless cardio. Weights I thought? Work out less? 3 workouts a week? 10 minutes of cardio?? Is this a joke? It can’t be true!

I’ve always been afraid of lifting weights- thinking that they were just for the guys. However, I figured I had just watched my body grow and grow over 40 weeks. What could be the worst that could happen by lifting some weights?! Yes- I would give it a go. I started the 12 week challenge ten pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight (12 weeks after birth). However, my goal wasn’t for a skinnier version of me. My goal was/is for a transformation. I want to be fit, strong and lean.

After 2 weeks- I was hooked. The scariest part of my journey was the day I graduated from the cardio side of the gym to the ‘boys side’ with the heavier free weights. As intimidating as it was- I kept my focus. I now love the stares that I get when I’m doing elevated pushups (in the zone with my music on) while the big boys are sitting around chatting between sets. I’m in the gym, I work my butt off and I’m out. The best stares I get are when I pick up my four month old baby from the crèche after my work out!

Thank you Craig (and everybody in the forum)! You have opened up a whole new world for new moms. I’ve finally gained the confidence to enroll in my personal training course- and I can’t wait to start using TT workouts on the new moms out there! I already have a list of moms at moms group asking what the heck I am doing! If you had told me a year ago that I would be in better shape now than I was pre-pregnancy I would not have believed you! And I definitely wouldn’t have believed that it would be through weights and working out less!

My Stats:
Height: 5’10
Measurements: Start/End (Change)
Weight: 141.0/133.2 (-7.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.5/17.6 (-3.9%)
Chest: 31.0/29.0 (-2)
Waist: 26.0/24.0 (-2)
Belly Button: 30.0/28.0 (-2)
Hips: 35.0/33.0 (-2)
Thigh: 21.0/19.0 (-2)
Calf: 14.3/13.8 (-0.5)
Bicep: 10.2/9.0 (-1.2)
Neck: 13.2/12.0 (-1.2)

My Workouts:
-Original TT
-Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks
-I’ve also just introduced the 6 minute ab workout (loving it!)
-Off days are normally a short run with the baby stroller and/or dog, or a walk by the ocean with ankle weights or the baby bjorn.

My Nutrition:
-Tom Venuto (Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle):
-50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat
-10 to 20% under my TDEE with higher calorie days every 2-3 days.
-I have to keep my calories fairly high as I’m still breastfeeding!

Can’t wait to see what the next 6 weeks brings……….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of TT Challenge G Winner Ali Ripp.jpg (58.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of Ali Side-horz.jpg (48.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of Ali Front Biceps-horz.jpg (57.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of Ali Back-horz.jpg (57.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of Ali Front 2-horz.jpg (60.0 KB, 34 views)