View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 PM

hi!
Seems to me like you are doing great so far! I'm especially impressed with how you manage to get in your workouts on such a difficult schedule and how you constantly say no to unhealthy foods that are offered you or very close to you... and good on you for "getting back on the horse

Another benefit from fasting is that you learn to control your body, so it helps you to keep make good choices when you are not fasting, and apparantly fasting increases fat burning during the fast. According to a teleseminar with brad pilon it works kind of like this:

The body is good at storing fat because it needs the fat as a back up fuel for when it does not get food (think hunterers and gatherers.) So.. when you fast, after a certain amount of hours (don't remember how many) your body thinks, hey! I haven't received any new energy yet, I better use the energy I have stored up! And then it starts getting energy/fuel from your stored fatcells. you burn more and more fat until around 18 hours when this fatburning is at it's peak, and then it slows down a little again (I assume this is because then it worries it needs to save some in case it is too long until it gets more..) So even if your caloric deficit is not that great you will help your body burn off your excess fat! Doesn't that sound great? And I have to say, it does sound like it makes sense to me! So that's an extra motivation for me at least

I would advice you to read brad pilons blog, and there is also an ESE thread somewhere on the forum where brad has written quite a few posts and answered questions himself

also glad you liked the mango I love mango! But often they're too soft or too hard.. :-/ Have you tried any new fruits or veggies since?

aaand I totally get what you wrote about being trained to find faults/what's wrong and how that is transfered into how you look at your own fitness journal etc. When dancing all we did was look for faults, it's a pattern that's hard to break out of!

Hope you feel better from the cold soon!