Thread: Hard as Stone
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
Last night going to bed I weighed 193 lbs.... Yikes. This morning I'm more like 187, still high. I don't know whats going on. I'm just going to go with water retention due to the drinking from Thursday (seems too long ago,) and salty foods. I've never had this much weight gain so fast so I hope nothing is wrong. Hopefully it was just temporary and things will go back to normal. I'm fasting today because its my normal fasting day. I'm going to go for a walk.

I think I will take a week off this week because its now been 12 weeks of training. I feel like I need the rest.

I need to take some time to evaluate my nutrition and my approach. This temporary massive weight gain will cloud my judgement so I will report back later this week.
I don't know if this will help you, but here is a good article on the science of "scale fluctuations"

http://www.leighpeele.com/water-rete...and-weight-los

if you look under the "more" tab on top and under the archives there is a part 2 as well. I am reading her Fat Loss Troubleshoot right now, and she has a good page of a graph of the fluctutations of a person's loss...you can see it all over the graph, but it shows a definite downward trend.

I have been going through a bit of this all myself, so I feel for you. I hope things look better for you after a break.

let us know how things are going.

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"