Thread: Gift to Myself
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post

Here's something I've discovered about the way I react to eating. We've all heard the advice to eat slowly because the brain won't signal fulness until 20 minutes after starting eating. Well, the truth is that I don't feel really full until about an hour after I eat! No wonder I couldn't stop eating once I'd started. This is something I just have to accept about myself if I want to reach my goals. My old solution was to follow Atkins so I could keep eating meat until I got the full signal. Now I commit to what I'm going to eat before I eat it and walk away when I'm done. How? This commitment is deep and personal, but here are some practical things I do. Eating doesn't start until I sit at the table, and ends when I get up. If I eat alone there are no distractions. It's just me, the food, and a deep sense of gratitude that I get to eat it without guilt.
This really makes sense. Iíll have to read over this a several more times and let it sink in as I am still trying to figure out exactly what will work for me. I am a speed eater - even though I know not to be- and I almost never eat with out distractions. Another benefit to eating slowly and chewing your food very well is the digestion process starts with enzymes in saliva -so makes things better for a much better digestion process.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal