View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 PM

I've lost just over 70 pounds in a little under 11 months eating the following:

Lean proteins - meats such as chicken and turkey breast; pork, beef, and lamb tenderloin; fish and shellfish of all varieties; dairy such as Greek yogurt, eggs and egg whites, cottage cheese, milk, feta cheese, string cheese, part-skim riccotta, whey protein, etc.

All vegetables, except for those of a starchy variety (such as peas, potatoes, etc.)

All fruits

All nuts and seeds

Healthy oils, such as olive, walnut, etc.

Here's what I don't eat (in addition to the starchy vegetables mentioned above):

Grains of any type

Sugar of any type

I drink water almost exclusively, though I will also drink tea and coffee.

I also take a multivitamin, fish oil, and a calcium supplement daily.

I also firmly believe that no nutritional plan is one size fits all. Though I am extremely sensitive to sugar and grains, which have addictive qualities for me, others may not be bothered by them at all.

One thing I do believe holds true for everyone, however, is that your body will run better when you eat whole, real, unprocessed foods. As my doctor has said, "If it didn't grow in the ground, and it didn't have a mother, you probably shouldn't be eating it." Words to, literally, live by.

Calorie-wise, I'm currently eating 1200 calories on non-TT days, and 1500 on training days. So far this seems to be working well for me, but I'm open to adjusting my levels over time, as it becomes necessary. Again, this is my experience only. As they say, "your mileage may vary."