TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   6th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   First TT contest for me (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7734)

VioletM 09-13-2009 10:40 PM

First TT contest for me

I'm just starting the contest for the first time. I was training for a 5 k the last two months (running about 5 days a week, TT workouts 2-3 times a week, and occasional hikes) but then they postponed the 5k until February, which was good since I started getting shinsplints. Anyways, now I'm starting this contest because I want to finally get to my size of 3-4 years ago, so I need to lose 5 inches around my waist; approx. 20-30 lbs (I don't want to lose my muscle, so I don't really know what the weight will be). So I took pictures tonight, and tomorrow I will have access to a scale. I'm also taking measurements:

waist 33" (belly button)
hip 38.5"
thigh 22.5"
calf 13"
bicep (L) 11.5" R 11"
height 5' 4"
need to get weight tomorrow.

Starting with beginners' TT this week, maybe intermediate later; will see how this goes. Running on off days.
Eating plan: don't eat too much! I usually eat mainly lean meats, eggs, fish, fruits, veggies, but it's easy for me to overdo nuts or anything that I don't eat out of the usual and then it goes a little crazy. like last week of vacation. So back to unprocessed, no sugar, whole foods, and learning to handle "hunger" when it's not hunger for real.
Looking forward to: salsa dancing! shopping for new clothes in December! Seeing my family at Christmas in a healthy body! and doing this as a birthday present to myself also
ok that's it for me. Good luck to everyone!

cesium0122 09-13-2009 11:27 PM

Welcome to TC6!

I have trouble with "hunger" as well. Especially in the evening.

Salsa dancing sounds like fun! But between my husband and I, we have 4 left feet! :D

ma 09-14-2009 12:08 AM

Welcome Violet.

You will have a few running buddies on here doing 5k's.

Good Luck with TC6

Ma

run26neys 09-14-2009 02:53 PM

HI Voilet and welcome!

You will have a great time over the next 12 weeks!
Jori

billy_quiz 09-14-2009 02:59 PM

Hi Violet,

Welcome and good luck!!

If you need any help with running questions just let me know!!

Kelza 09-14-2009 08:05 PM

Welcome Violet, all the best for your TC6 journey :)

fernandopolania 09-14-2009 09:07 PM

Welcome and congratulations.

Corinne 09-14-2009 09:27 PM

Welcome to your first tt contest! You will find it so helpful if you are real good at posting eveyday. It keeps you in check better. :) You sound like you are about the same size as me, maybe alittle smaller than me. Anyhow good luck and glad to see you here. Use fitday.com to track what you eat everyday it is a good thing to log into everyday to keep you in line with your diet.

VioletM 09-15-2009 02:55 AM

thanks

Wow! thank you to everyone for all the great responses. I had a late night at work, but I am going to go to the scale now so I have my starting stats. 1615 calories per Sparkpeople.com, workout A TT went well this morning, now I have to go get some sleep after I get home!

wsarwani 09-15-2009 06:43 AM

Great to have you along for TC6 Violet.