TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   13th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tea, and unravelling the secrets of the Universe (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11413)

weetamclan 12-31-2011 09:22 AM

Tea, and unravelling the secrets of the Universe

Back again!

2011 started off great for me, and last spring I was in the best shape of my life; flat belly, happy face, the works.

Then something went a bit wrong! I'm not sure what... But I started to stress more about my work, and I also made the mad decision to write a book.

Mental, I know. But welcome to my head.

So, my new year's resolution is to Keep Calm and Carry On. And staying with the British theme, I also resolve to drink more tea (I'm now a member of a tea club - how posh!) I have cinnamon chai tea, caramel rooibos tea, peppermint green tea, and cranberry and apple tea to name a few. It's going to be awesome.

Oh, and I'm vowing to do more yoga too. I say this every year, but this time I really mean it.

The plan.

Grub

I'm sticking to my plan that worked so well at the start of the last contest - no bread, sugar or drinky-poos except for Saturday cheat day. My meals will go something like this:

Green smoothie
Veg/legume/grain themed lunch
Raw nut/seed themed snack
Veg/legume/grain themed tea
A lovely cuppa (with other steaming mugs throughout the day).

I'm keeping it simple. I know what's healthy and what's not. I have a tendency to get too worked up about tiny details, which just stresses me out even more. Well from now on I'm just eating sensibly! (Easy, right?)

Oh, and as always, I will listen to my body and eat when it wants food, and stop when it doesn't.

Exercise

TT workouts during lunch Mon-Fri (will need to split them up)
Daily yoga (not much, but just a wee taster)
Dance Wednesday and Friday
Ballet stretch/exercise program twice a week (about balance, flexibility etc than working up a sweat)

MY GOALS!

I'm not tackling specific foods; this time I'm tackling behaviours. Throughout the contest I'm focussing on after work and after dinner snacks, because this is where I mess up. The former I'll fight with raw snacks, the latter with amazing cups of tea (to wash away that need to eat something sweet that always follows a main meal, much to my extreme annoyance and consequent weight-gain).

In week 5 I'm introducing a new problem to overcome - eating in relation to work. I.e. Eating because I'm not at work, eating because I had a crap day at work, eating because I don't want to go to work. And so on and so forth.

And then if that goes to plan I'll pick something else to look at in week 9 (I have a long list).

My aim is to get rid of all the other reasons I eat besides hunger. There are many, and it's going to be difficult, but I'll never be able to properly progress unless I address them one at a time.

Jings! Wish me luck!

It's Hogmanay today and we're having curry and booze and a big family brunch tomorrow - so I'll start on Monday. I can't enter officially but I need these contests to keep me in check.

Let's all have a splendid 12 weeks :p

GillianM 12-31-2011 11:56 AM

Great plan Clare.

I'm glad you are getting back on track. i'm here to do the same. Tackling behaviours is the way forward! Becoming aware of the bad habits is the first step, changing them is the next one. I have soooooo lost the plot recently.
Glad the TT fam are here to come back to.

good luck missy. I look forward to your awesome results that are sure to follow.

Happy New year and happy new you!

Gillian

weetamclan 12-31-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GillianM (Post 160479)
Great plan Clare.

I'm glad you are getting back on track. i'm here to do the same. Tackling behaviours is the way forward! Becoming aware of the bad habits is the first step, changing them is the next one. I have soooooo lost the plot recently.
Glad the TT fam are here to come back to.

good luck missy. I look forward to your awesome results that are sure to follow.

Happy New year and happy new you!

Gillian

Let's recover our plots together :) happy new year to you! Having a low key party with nibbles and booze :D

weetamclan 01-02-2012 04:51 AM

Day 1

Well, not really. I'm still off until Wednesday and have activities planned, so diet compliance shall be minimal. Also, I can't get into the gym. I have however done some yoga this morning... My wrist is still goosed so the support is back on. It's minging and uncomfortable, and after a few days smells like vinegar.

I did take my weight and measurements today. I have, by and large, come through the festive period unscathed (totally undeserved).

I'm not taking pictures because the world is a nicer place without them, however I will post my stats to help keep me accountable.

Here we go.

Weight - 9st 12.8 (yes, the decimal point is important - I am sure as hell not rounding up)

Oh, for the Americans amongst us, 9st 12.8 equals 138.8 pounds.

Waist - 27
Peak of the Belly - 34.5
Hips - 36

I don't care about the rest of my body; it's the muffin that counts. My goals are waist 26/25, belly 32 and hips... well I don't really care about them either. 'Less than 36'. There, that'll do.

I'm off work and supping cinnamon tea. Happy New Year folks! :D

debz0773 01-02-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetamclan (Post 160474)
Back again!

2011 started off great for me, and last spring I was in the best shape of my life; flat belly, happy face, the works.

Then something went a bit wrong! I'm not sure what... But I started to stress more about my work, and I also made the mad decision to write a book.

Mental, I know. But welcome to my head.

So, my new year's resolution is to Keep Calm and Carry On. And staying with the British theme, I also resolve to drink more tea (I'm now a member of a tea club - how posh!) I have cinnamon chai tea, caramel rooibos tea, peppermint green tea, and cranberry and apple tea to name a few. It's going to be awesome.

Oh, and I'm vowing to do more yoga too. I say this every year, but this time I really mean it.

The plan.

Grub

I'm sticking to my plan that worked so well at the start of the last contest - no bread, sugar or drinky-poos except for Saturday cheat day. My meals will go something like this:

Green smoothie
Veg/legume/grain themed lunch
Raw nut/seed themed snack
Veg/legume/grain themed tea
A lovely cuppa (with other steaming mugs throughout the day).

I'm keeping it simple. I know what's healthy and what's not. I have a tendency to get too worked up about tiny details, which just stresses me out even more. Well from now on I'm just eating sensibly! (Easy, right?)

Oh, and as always, I will listen to my body and eat when it wants food, and stop when it doesn't.

Exercise

TT workouts during lunch Mon-Fri (will need to split them up)
Daily yoga (not much, but just a wee taster)
Dance Wednesday and Friday
Ballet stretch/exercise program twice a week (about balance, flexibility etc than working up a sweat)

MY GOALS!

I'm not tackling specific foods; this time I'm tackling behaviours. Throughout the contest I'm focussing on after work and after dinner snacks, because this is where I mess up. The former I'll fight with raw snacks, the latter with amazing cups of tea (to wash away that need to eat something sweet that always follows a main meal, much to my extreme annoyance and consequent weight-gain).

In week 5 I'm introducing a new problem to overcome - eating in relation to work. I.e. Eating because I'm not at work, eating because I had a crap day at work, eating because I don't want to go to work. And so on and so forth.

And then if that goes to plan I'll pick something else to look at in week 9 (I have a long list).

My aim is to get rid of all the other reasons I eat besides hunger. There are many, and it's going to be difficult, but I'll never be able to properly progress unless I address them one at a time.

Jings! Wish me luck!

It's Hogmanay today and we're having curry and booze and a big family brunch tomorrow - so I'll start on Monday. I can't enter officially but I need these contests to keep me in check.

Let's all have a splendid 12 weeks :p

You started writing a book!! Don't stop.. please.. somehow you can have a flat tum and still write.. you are the best writer I know.. what kind of book is it? Keep going with it Clare..!
I'm with you with the Yoga.. Really, I'd at least like to do a few rounds of salute to the sun and a quiet sit to de stress and all that!!
Great plans there and I love the tea thing!! I've been going the wild thyme ( from across the road ) with some lemon ( from a neighbours tree ( : ) to try and get rid of this bloody cough.. can you make chai..? That's something I'd like to do..it's so nice ( minus the soya milk ) ... all sounds great and please..I'm serious about the book.. it's not crazy at all, actually it makes perfect sense.. happy new year.. !

neilg197 01-03-2012 03:10 PM

Great goals Clare. Like you and many others, I slipped back into the bad old ways, especially last month, and agreeing with what Gill said, tracking behaviours and identifying the reasons behind them is the way to understand them and, make changed.

Good luck, lets see how close (and even how far beyond) you make it to your goals.

weetamclan 01-04-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz0773 (Post 160559)
You started writing a book!! Don't stop.. please.. somehow you can have a flat tum and still write.. you are the best writer I know.. what kind of book is it? Keep going with it Clare..!
I'm with you with the Yoga.. Really, I'd at least like to do a few rounds of salute to the sun and a quiet sit to de stress and all that!!
Great plans there and I love the tea thing!! I've been going the wild thyme ( from across the road ) with some lemon ( from a neighbours tree ( : ) to try and get rid of this bloody cough.. can you make chai..? That's something I'd like to do..it's so nice ( minus the soya milk ) ... all sounds great and please..I'm serious about the book.. it's not crazy at all, actually it makes perfect sense.. happy new year.. !

Ha, yeah I started last June. It's fiction. That's all I'm divulging ;) Hoping to be finished by next Christmas, but we'll wait and see. Trying to fit in 3 hours a day after work plus time for extra time for reading. It's a bit of a squeeze but I'll do what I can!

I like the sun salutation - if you do it at pace it can actually work up a bit of a sweat. I can't do it right now because of my dodgy wrist, but I've still been doing stretchy wrist-free poses :) I like to shove on some generic 'relaxing' music and then try to chill out. I shall emphasise the word 'try'... :o

No idea about home made chai... I just buy all my tea from here! http://www.eteaket.co.uk/

I love how you make so many things from scratch - I wish I did that more, however my laziness and lack of garden/neighbour's thyme hamper my dream.

Hope your cough eases up! There's nothing worse than trying to suppress the sound of hacking phlegm while in pleasant company :p

weetamclan 01-04-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilg197 (Post 160596)
Great goals Clare. Like you and many others, I slipped back into the bad old ways, especially last month, and agreeing with what Gill said, tracking behaviours and identifying the reasons behind them is the way to understand them and, make changed.

Good luck, lets see how close (and even how far beyond) you make it to your goals.

Thanks Neil - always glad to have your support! I'm slowing getting out of the festive mood, however it's always a hard transition for me. Hopefully come next week I'll be in full swing!

weetamclan 01-04-2012 03:19 PM

Day 3

Woops, I'm not having the best start. I should have probably started next Monday. But hey ho, what's done is done.

Food

Pineapple, mango and coconut green smoothie
Carrot sticks, hummus and 3 spelt crackers
2 raisin and pumpkin seed protein cookies
4 teeny weeny Christmas chocolates
Curried chickpea, cauliflower and kale with brown rice
Loadsa tea :D

Exercise

Yoga
Ballet routine

Argh. Had terrible (and I do really mean terrible) chest and back pains at work (probably no more than indigestion) so I didn't make it to the gym. Woopsedaisy. I think I'll start my program next week and just do intervals tomorrow and Friday. I'm a little scared - it's now been two weeks since I entered the gymnasium of doom and I can reliably report a complete lack of home workouts.

In other words, I've sat on my bum since the 22nd of December. Yahoo!

On the munch front, I didn't have a raw afternoon snack but I did have protein cookies already made. I'm happy to swap between raw and protein - can't stomach the protein powder very well so prefer to bake when it's involved.
My cookies consisted mainly of flour (wholemeal and hemp), oats, protein powder, dates, coconut oil and raisins/pumpkin seeds. They definitely taste 'healthy', but they're still better than a smack in the mouth and the protein powder is masked rather well.

As for the four chocolates, I have no excuse. Leftover Christmas goodies are going to be a problem. Thankfully there aren't too many still lurking about - I chose to stuff my face over the festive period to help my diet in January. Clever, eh?

That's all for now. I'm off to do my ballet workout in front of la telly and then drink more tea. Yum yum yum :D

weetamclan 01-05-2012 02:40 PM

Day 4

What happens when you rely on a man to make your smoothie? Answer - nae flippin' smoothie :rolleyes:

Munch

Seed and carob bar
Hummus, carrot sticks and three spelt crackers
Two protein cookies
Three bloomin' bourbons (they're all gone now though)
Mango bbq beans
Chocolate black tea (amaaaazing!)

Exercise

Sprint intervals
10 mins yoga

ARGH! Tried a pushup today and my wrist screamed. Doh. The minging support is back on.
But, at least I made it to the gym!

Only 4 tiny Christmas sweeties remain. Phew!

Last night I was hungry in bed, but I had more tea and felt fine. Also, this morning I wasn't hungry. I have no idea why I feel like I need food after my dinner... very annoying!

Tomorrow is menu planning and shopping day. I'll need to find a new raw treat. I'm thinking something chocolatey :D