TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   19th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Continuing my journey (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=12926)

Chuck Arbogast 01-11-2014 10:05 PM

Continuing my journey

Hello,
My name is Chuck Arbogast and I will be joining the transformation contest again. My official start day is today, January 11th but my first workout will be Monday.

I will be using the Thermogenic 30 2.0 for the first 4 weeks and then Buff Dudes & Hot Chicks 2.0 for the second 4 weeks. I haven't figured out what I will be doing for the last 4 weeks but I have time to figure that out. My goal is to decrease my body fat % and my belly.

I will be doing a form of intermittent fasting for my nutrition plan.

I am 39 years old (will be 40 in July) and 5' 10" tall.
My starting measurements:
Weight: 196.8 lbs
Belly (around navel/love handle area): 40"
Waist: 36.5"
Body Fat %: 23.3% with the 3-site Jackson & Pollock method using a BodyMetrix Personal Ultrasound device.

Anyone following me on the last contest knows that I gained weight since the end. I had a bad time with my nutrition and exercise during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Holiday eating is my crutch. I hope during this contest I will stay true to my exercise and nutrition and get closer to where I want to be.

I'm not in this contest to win it. I need to to be held accountable for my actions. I seem to do better when others are watching.

Anyway, I intend on updating my progress on my normal weigh-in day, which are on Saturdays.

Good luck to all the contestants,
Chuck Arbogast

RobB 01-12-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Arbogast (Post 183902)
Hello,
My name is Chuck Arbogast and I will be joining the transformation contest again. My official start day is today, January 11th but my first workout will be Monday.

I will be using the Thermogenic 30 2.0 for the first 4 weeks and then Buff Dudes & Hot Chicks 2.0 for the second 4 weeks. I haven't figured out what I will be doing for the last 4 weeks but I have time to figure that out. My goal is to decrease my body fat % and my belly.

I will be doing a form of intermittent fasting for my nutrition plan.

I am 39 years old (will be 40 in July) and 5' 10" tall.
My starting measurements:
Weight: 196.8 lbs
Belly (around navel/love handle area): 40"
Waist: 36.5"
Body Fat %: 23.3% with the 3-site Jackson & Pollock method using a BodyMetrix Personal Ultrasound device.

Anyone following me on the last contest knows that I gained weight since the end. I had a bad time with my nutrition and exercise during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Holiday eating is my crutch. I hope during this contest I will stay true to my exercise and nutrition and get closer to where I want to be.

I'm not in this contest to win it. I need to to be held accountable for my actions. I seem to do better when others are watching.

Anyway, I intend on updating my progress on my normal weigh-in day, which are on Saturdays.

Good luck to all the contestants,
Chuck Arbogast

Good luck, Chuck. Make it a lifestyle! Thermo 30 is a good one!

Craig Ballantyne 01-12-2014 09:40 AM

Welcome back Chuck. And good news. We're a long way from the holidays. Time to make it a lifestyle, as Rob said. Great work!

LeslieM 01-12-2014 09:47 AM

Hi Chuck! I started the contest on Friday. It sounds like you've got a plan! Here's to good health and new (lifelong) habits! Leslie

Chuck Arbogast 01-12-2014 10:15 AM

Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement!

PeterJankowski 01-12-2014 02:45 PM

Welcome back for another round Chuck!

mocombes 01-13-2014 03:09 PM

Yes, Chuck, welcome back. I'm in it for the second time as well, and I remember you from TC 17. Looking forward to improving habits together!

Maureen

TomHK 01-14-2014 10:16 AM

Good luck Chuck

Chuck Arbogast 01-18-2014 09:07 PM

Thanks for all for the words of encouragement.

Week one is in the books and I could tell I took too many weeks off from training. The soreness was bad for a few days. Anyway, the first week of Thermogenic 30 2.0 went well. I really liked it.

I did well with my nutrition. I am starting a new way to eat this coming week. It is basically 16/8 Intermittent Fasting. I'm going to try that out and see how it goes.

I saw a 2 pound decrease in weight this week and no change on my waist or belly measurements. I don't plan on checking my body fat % every week, so I will report that progress at times.

Have a great week,
Chuck

Craig Ballantyne 01-18-2014 09:59 PM

Thanks Chuck, stay strong!