TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   10th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Making it Click! (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10055)

hal1 01-05-2011 03:22 PM

Making it Click!

Making it click: if I can "make it click" for the next 12 weeks, I will be that much closer to my ideal body. Like several others here, I'm in the ending stages of fat loss. Progress seen earlier with other "rough" methods are not going to give me the results I want. So I need to pay attention and be mindful of my diet. I've already gone back to logging foods, which I had gotten away from for while (over the holidays, of course!).

I won't actually start the contest until this weekend, but I wanted to get my thread started while I felt the urge to do so. I had talked about not starting a thread here due to the demands of life off the forum and the "stress" I've felt in the past about not getting my posts updated and not responding to others. So while on the one hand not starting a thread seemed the easiest way to insure reducing stress that could inhibit my results, by starting a thread I'm forcing myself to learn to be breezy and not stress the small stuff which seems like a better way to go. I know you all won't abandon me even if I can't post regularly. That's one thing I've learned from the awesome TT community!

This week ends my last week of leisure - well, I'm working this week, but in a leisurely way from home. Next week the semester starts up and I'll be back to the daily grind of teaching and late night TT workouts after the kids are in bed. So I figured if I start my thread this week, I'll at least be able to post regularly for the next few days. When I start the contest, I'll put up pics. And I'm hoping that the hamstring I pulled while running intervals on Monday is healed up by this weekend so I can get back to doing the full TT workout regimen!

Here's to a great contest, everyone! :D

tatjanaTT 01-05-2011 03:36 PM

Great to hear you are joining TC #10 :) You will have great results as always ;)

hal1 01-06-2011 08:55 AM

Thanks, Tatjana! :)

With my hamstring pull yesterday I just focused on warming it up and stretching it out rather than doing my workout as prescribed. I'll do the same today and then start a new week of workouts on Sunday. My plan this contest is to do Sun-Tues-Thurs workouts. That schedule has worked well for me in the past; hopefully it will be a good one for the next 12 weeks.

I'm doing pretty good with my nutrition right now. Eating eggs and Greek yogurt plus fruit and/or vegetables for breakfast has been good at filling me up and keeping me going for awhile. Yesterday I had turkey slices and mozarella cheese plus tomatoes and yellow pepper strips for lunch plus balsamic vinegar and olive oil drizzled on the tomatoes. I ate this many times during TT#8 and found it to be a very satisfying lunch. I then had 2 celery strips w/ peanut butter for an afternoon snack and chili for dinner. I also added a protein shake w/ almond milk, a handful of walnuts, banana and spinach for an evening snack (husband and I usually split the shake). It was tasty. My day was pretty low on calories with a lot of filling foods. No cravings, either.

I probably won't post nutrition very often, but I figure if I can eat similarly to the above most days of the contest, then I'll be on track. My portion sizes were right-on yesterday, too. The plan is to do ESE today to tomorrow. Usually I do it night to night but since I'm working at home it may actually be easier to do breakfast to breakfast or lunch to lunch (based on past experience). We'll see how I feel in a little while - still full from breakfast, which I ate 2 1/2 hours ago.

crazycanuck 01-06-2011 09:01 AM

Hi Heather, great to see you here! Good for you for posting a journal already before your "official" start....I think it gets you geared up mentally.

Take care with the hamstring. Looking forward to reading your journal.

Tina

hal1 01-06-2011 09:08 AM

Thanks, Tina! I agree - it is helping me mentally to get the journal going on the front end - and this is a good thing as it really helps to start the contest on a high note. :)

hal1 01-07-2011 08:42 AM

Here's my brief update - today proves to be a busy one for work as there's so much left to do before Monday's start to the semester - so I figured I'd post now.

I'm in middle of a fast right now. I did 2 false-starts yesterday before deciding that dinner to dinner was going to be the best bet psychologically. :)

I'm starting the contest tomorrow - will take pics at some point during a very busy day. I was considering starting today as it will likely be easier to take pics, but considering all details it seems better to start on Saturday and end on a Friday.

Workouts will begin on Sunday. I'm in the middle of the 6-month BW manual, phase 2 (have completed 2 weeks) so that is where I will begin.

Starbuck1517 01-07-2011 12:30 PM

Hi Heather, glad to see you started your journal! I hear you on the busy work schedule and crazy workout times. But with a little extra prep work, I know we'll stick to our plans and have great results! :)

hal1 01-08-2011 12:52 PM

Thanks Shannon!

Day 1: Today is my start day - picture day, really. I will start my workouts tomorrow. My hamstring is all better (as far as I can tell).

My beginning stats are basically the same as where they were at the end of TT#9, so I'm pretty psyched about that with all the junk I ate over Christmas and a few missed intervals due to snow, cold and the pulled hamstring. I used the past week to get the sugar out of my system and I am feeling so much better. I did 2 fasts, which is my plan for this contest. I think the fasts helped w/ getting the sugar cravings out.

Here's to a great contest!

weetamclan 01-08-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal1 (Post 138224)
Thanks Shannon!

Day 1: Today is my start day - picture day, really. I will start my workouts tomorrow. My hamstring is all better (as far as I can tell).

My beginning stats are basically the same as where they were at the end of TT#9, so I'm pretty psyched about that with all the junk I ate over Christmas and a few missed intervals due to snow, cold and the pulled hamstring. I used the past week to get the sugar out of my system and I am feeling so much better. I did 2 fasts, which is my plan for this contest. I think the fasts helped w/ getting the sugar cravings out.

Here's to a great contest!

Great stuff maintaining over christmas! Wish I could say the same for myself :rolleyes:

hal1 01-08-2011 08:56 PM

Thanks, Clare!

Well, took pics today and I actually look basically the same as I did at the end of the last contest, so all is good. :p I'll post something as soon as I feel like dealing with the resizing.

The picture-taking was torture, though. My husband (who gets quite bored w/ all my picture-taking although he "willingly" obliges) was the photographer. To avoid looking yellowed from lighting, I chose our dining room for pics - large windows and you can close the blinds on the main window but get natural light from the side. (Going outside wasn't an option; I'm not interested in joining any polar-bear-type clubs.)

Well, the flash wouldn't go off. So I was in shadow. My husband took pic after pic, trying to re-finagle things so the flash would go off. I was going for a 5-10 minute photo session so he wouldn't complain and here we go, me holding the same pose for up to 5 minutes at a time as he takes pic after pic with no flash. Well, he finally figured out that if he switched the setting to "portrait" that he could set the flash to come on automatically. Three minutes later (plus the preceding 30 to 40 minutes) pics were done!:rolleyes:

He probably in the end deleted about 50 pics when he pulled them up on the computer! :rolleyes: