TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   8th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Another Metamorphosis (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9129)

momof4 06-01-2010 05:40 PM

Another Metamorphosis

I decided to renew my membership an join in this contest at the very last minute! I was a part of the 3rd contest that ran during the fall of 08' In the last two weeks, I dropped out. I actually accomplished my goals and felt great, and was back at pre 3rd and 4th child weight. Then the holidays came, I got lazy, and I quit working out all together. Fast forward 1 1/2 years later, and many start/stop workout tries, I have gained all my weight back and really need to get the motivation back to keep it off for good. I'm hoping the accountability of this forum and a contest will get me back on the right track. This time I won't chicken out in the end.

Deena

Craig Ballantyne 06-01-2010 06:22 PM

Welcome back! Looking forward to helping you stick with it.
Craig

momof4 06-01-2010 09:46 PM

Thanks Craig!!!
Okay, so I took my before pictures and measurements on Monday, May 31st. However, today was my first day. I have decided on the Hot Zone 12 week workout.
Today was Phase 1 workout A with 6 x 60/60 sec intervals.
I feel shaky. I imagine this first week will be a sore one. Yeah! psych myself up! I CAN do this. I CAN get through the pain of the first week!!!!

Evergreen 06-01-2010 10:34 PM

Gald you are here Deena! :)

One thing I believe - you did it one time and as you start back working out regular your body will remember waht you did before and it will be really easy to get back in the grove!

I think this contest is great motivation to stay on track!

pageboy9 06-02-2010 12:44 AM

Welcome back! Your learning curve should be really fast after your success with the third challenge. Hope you're not too sore and good luck.

cahj1968 06-02-2010 06:44 AM

welcome back and good luck....

gilbertTT 06-02-2010 08:07 AM

Good luck,

You will be right back in the swing of it in no time. Your body already knows what it needs to do, now just let your brain get over it.

I really like the passage quote you have in your signature.

Best wishes in all of this,

Matty G.

momof4 06-02-2010 09:58 PM

Well, two days under my belt. Today was an off day. I did 40 min. of cardio. My rear and hammies are sore from yesterday, but I expected it ;)
My eating was clean.
Breakfast: two egg frittata with tomatoes and spinach
snack: 14 almonds and a nectarine
Lunch: 4oz left over steak on top of a salad w/ cucumber, red pepper and lettuce
snack: string cheese stick and small orange
Dinner: Large salad w/ turkey, cucumber, red pepper

I'm very competitive, and I've been athletic and in good shape most of my life. It was easy for me, and I could eat anything I wanted without doing much activity. Then I hit age 35 and everything changed. Now that I'm two years from 40, I am looking for a new normal. One thing I do when I truly set my mind to something, is that I tend to have a one-track focus on it. It consumes me. This can be good and bad. The good side is that I have a great chance at success. The bad side is that I tend to let other things that should be priority slip and I burn out. So, it's my goal to have a good balance, and to keep my priorities straight. If I can do that, I know this will become a habit in my life that will stick, and I will have found my new normal. I feel good about this one. I'm excited to see what progress I can make while keeping balance in my life. WooHoo, here I go!!

momof4 06-03-2010 06:28 PM

Day 3 Wokout B 12-week hot zone w/ bodyweight cardio

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs w/ cup spinach and an apple
Snack - 1oz almonds, cup strawberries, two carrots
Lunch - 3oz turkey over large salad w/ lettuce, carrots, green pepper cucumber 2 tbs apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp flax oil for dressing
Snack - celary sticks, cup blueberries and 1 oz walnuts
Dinner - ?

Evergreen 06-03-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof4 (Post 125147)
Day 3 Wokout B 12-week hot zone w/ bodyweight cardio

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs w/ cup spinach and an apple
Snack - 1oz almonds, cup strawberries, two carrots
Lunch - 3oz turkey over large salad w/ lettuce, carrots, green pepper cucumber 2 tbs apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp flax oil for dressing
Snack - celary sticks, cup blueberries and 1 oz walnuts
Dinner - ?

Great menu- very clean eating!!!