TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   7th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Debbie 2010 (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8248)

DebbieD 01-08-2010 01:46 PM

Debbie 2010

I'm off to a running start! Started Monday, the 4th. I even have before pictures WITH a newspaper this time!

Next week I will be traveling to Florida from Weds - Sunday so I printed out one of the body weight series to do while I am there.

I have scheduled deadlines for myself within the 12 weeks to keep myself on track.

So busy at work. I'll be back soon.

Train hard people!!

-Debbie

Craig Ballantyne 01-08-2010 05:29 PM

Great stuff Debbie!

DebbieD 01-10-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne (Post 116771)
Great stuff Debbie!

I missed Friday's workout so I did it yesterday and then yesterday's today. I didn't want to miss one in the first week. Sets a bad tone.

I've been wearing a pedometer just to see how many steps I can take in a day. I'm actually surprised how few steps a typical work day racks up. And I am the one in the office who is constantly getting up- mostly to go prepare a meal or go to the bathroom! :) (gotta hydrate, right?) Without a workout the step count is pathetic. Not even 3000. The good thing is that I figure a typical TT workout should be about 6000 steps. That's 20-30 min. weights and 20 min HIIT.

Last night I was 30 steps short of 10,000 before bed so while I was brushing my teeth I was marching in place. I guess I need to start walking the dogs more, huh?

Craig Ballantyne 01-10-2010 01:30 PM

You should put the pedometer on the dogs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieD (Post 116911)
I missed Friday's workout so I did it yesterday and then yesterday's today. I didn't want to miss one in the first week. Sets a bad tone.

I've been wearing a pedometer just to see how many steps I can take in a day. I'm actually surprised how few steps a typical work day racks up. And I am the one in the office who is constantly getting up- mostly to go prepare a meal or go to the bathroom! :) (gotta hydrate, right?) Without a workout the step count is pathetic. Not even 3000. The good thing is that I figure a typical TT workout should be about 6000 steps. That's 20-30 min. weights and 20 min HIIT.

Last night I was 30 steps short of 10,000 before bed so while I was brushing my teeth I was marching in place. I guess I need to start walking the dogs more, huh?

DebbieD 01-11-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne (Post 116913)
You should put the pedometer on the dogs.

Pedometer on a Whippet???????? I'd need a new one everyday!! :)

I started TT2K10 this morning. Wow, I couldn't even finish the kettlebell swings at the end. I did 6 sets. Just when you think you're in good shape...

Speaking of kettlebells- what weight should I be looking to swing? The one I used was only 8 pounds. They only have a 6# and the 8#. Usually I'll just take a dumbbell and I know that's okay but still the weight? 8 seems too light.

DebbieD 01-20-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieD (Post 116998)
Pedometer on a Whippet???????? I'd need a new one everyday!! :)

I started TT2K10 this morning. Wow, I couldn't even finish the kettlebell swings at the end. I did 6 sets. Just when you think you're in good shape...

Speaking of kettlebells- what weight should I be looking to swing? The one I used was only 8 pounds. They only have a 6# and the 8#. Usually I'll just take a dumbbell and I know that's okay but still the weight? 8 seems too light.

1/20
Back in NJ. Florida was a nice break.

One of my 'deadlines' comes tomorrow and I'm not going to reach the goal I set. I was supposed to be 134.5 pounds on 1/21. Actually, I set that goal so that I would be sure to stay on track-which I did but it's not showing up on the scale. I don't care about the number, really! The only 'bad' thing I ate was some ice cream while at my parents house in Florida. One time. I was writing everything down but I put my little notebook down somewhere and about 10 days ago and stopped. I will start again today. Probably just too many calories for weight loss but just the right amount to stay the same and/or very SLOWLY have a composition change. This is the story of me in the last few years.

powelj1 01-20-2010 06:09 PM

Good for you Debbie and hopefully you had a little r n r in FL. Remember that this is a 12 week contest so there is lots of time left. How were the body weight workouts while you were away?

Have a great day and stay strong!
Jamie

DebbieD 01-21-2010 10:02 AM

I did get some rest in FL- mostly because I went alone (left husband and daughter home). My father is in bad shape so it was to visit him. But great to see my sister and mother! Anyway, I forgot my printout of the bodyweight exercises. I jog/walked one day and then did some bodyweight moves from memory. One day I just went for a really long walk with my sister. Then 'nothing' two other days. But I'm back on track this week with TT2K10.

So, to keep with the goals/results I weighed myself this morning. Goal 134.5 Actual: 136. Bummer. Honestly, I feel like I'm gaining fat. My stomach area looks different- not just flabby but like pizza dough. It's frustrating! Is it possible you need to train/eat differently as you get older? I'm 48- you know things are changing- it has to affect you metabolically don't you think? Or maybe I'm just fooling myself and not working as hard or as consitantly as I should and eating too much. I don't know. Sorry to be Debbie Downer today. Just trying to figure it all out. :)

DebbieD 01-21-2010 02:03 PM

OK so I'm in a better frame of mind now. I don't know where my head was this morning but I had some coffee and heard from my mom so I'm okay now.

Maybe the question I have is this: (and Craig please feel free to answer!) Do you think that there comes a point in body composition change that you might have to resort to adding some extra exercise to see results? I focus on scale numbers because I know what I look like and I'm pretty sure I can tell that to look the way I want to I would need to dispose of about 5-8 pounds. So it must show up on the scale at some point. I'm 136 and my goal is 130. I never seem to get beyond 134. I'm talking about 6 years- thru Body for Life, thru BFFM, TT, Dreambodies etc. Obviously ALL good programs so it's me. Yes, I think I just contradicted myself. So far I have not succumbed to the 'more cardio' mind set. It took me too long to get rid of it and I believe it. Except for maybe the last 5?????

Here is what I am going to do now- Keep (of course) TT2K5 - no missed workouts
Keep a food log
Focus on strict nutrition

To me strict nutrition means- no crapola. No sneaks of this or that. Even if it's just goldfish. I figure one week will tell me what I need to know. If I do it. I will do it. Someone please keep me accountable? Please?
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Grizzle 01-21-2010 03:25 PM

Keep focused

Debbie
I did TC #3 and believe me your weight will come off over the 12 weeks and you will reach the goals you have set, if you follow the workouts, and keep a log of food you will be amazed what changes you will see at the end. 2K5 is a great workout. I am currently not in this contest but feel rejivinated after the recent trip to Tampa and CB's bootcamp. 2K10 is a tough, but rewarding workout

G