TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   8th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Naomi's workout journal (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9291)

thebestme 07-12-2010 06:58 PM

Naomi's workout journal

Okay, okay, I'll write it down. I was supposed to have left for the gym 35 minutes ago but my workout partner, my husband, is not feeling well so I'm on my own. I should be happy about this because it means I can go to the women's gym, which will mean I have the weight area to myself on a Monday night. But I'm sitting here procrastinating. Interesting that after all this time, I still have stuff that I'm stuck on.

I just started creatine again. I didn't notice anything last time I took it, but there were so many variables and it can't hurt. With 3 weeks to go before final pix, I might as well give this a shot. So I am going to take my 4th dose today and out I go to do workout A in Hot Dudes Buff Chicks. That's a pretty good one to be doing with no spotter anyway. Okay. So here I go. Right....NOW! No, now!

Sigh. Someone, kick me please?
Music? Check!
Water bottle? Check!
Workout list? Check!
Okay, bye for now!

momof4 07-12-2010 08:04 PM

Naomi, Glad to see you have a thread now. Congratulations on your 2nd place finish in the 5 week mini contest.

thebestme 07-12-2010 08:42 PM

Thank you, Deena! I have been meaning to start one for a while now!

I have not missed a workout yet but this was one of the tougher ones to get myself to go to. That tells me I've become really reliant on my workout partner. I guess that's not a terrible thing. I thought he was leaning on me more than the other way around so it's good to see it's a two-way street.

I have not been taking MSM as consistently as I was for the last month and clearly it was helping my knees, and without it, well, not so good. When I did the walking lunges even with the warmup weight, I could not get very low at all. But I was determined to push myself a bit more tonight and going forward so I went ahead with a heavier weight and it was okay. I will be curious to see how it goes next week with consistency on the MSM.

Everything else in the workout was great. So I used 30 lb dumbbells for the walking lunges (felt I could have gone heavier) and for the calf raises. I had to add a few reps on to most of the body weight stuff to feel I'd pushed myself.

I can't wait for Wednesday; that is my favorite workout of this one. I am nowhere close to doing a a pullup but I am still making progress towards some day doing one. I love the fast and furious pace of that workout! And the intervals are not quite so brutal as tonight's which I was forced to do on a treadmill. Oh, so not good trying to go from 3.x mph to 9mph back and forth for 30 seconds. Dangerous, actually. No casualties tonight! At the main gym, I do the 30/30s on the escalator stair machine or the spin bike. Much safer and easier.

thebestme 07-12-2010 08:53 PM

Congratulations, Deena! I am sorry I didn't connect it up until just now! LOL! I need to eat and we are having kitchen deadlock so I can't get in there yet!

momof4 07-12-2010 09:01 PM

I've been thinking about doing Buff Dudes & Hot Chicks next. I just can't decide, but I have 3 weeks.

Don't you feel a lot better that you went ahead and got your workout in? I always do when I have a hard time getting motivated. I hear you on the 30 sec intervals on a treadmill. Crazy, scary!! When I've done them on the treadmill, I hold onto the bars and jump my feet to each side until the speed comes down to walking. It worked okay, but I sure prefer to do the shorter intervals outside.

thebestme 07-12-2010 09:19 PM

ROFLOL on the jumping. That was how I nearly killed myself! I left the treadmill running at my 9 once and just did nothing but pant for 30 seconds. Oh, not bright, no, not at all! Talk about hitting the ground running! I wasn't gonna share about that because Craig might lecture me and I promise I didn't do that foolishness a second time. So shhh. Don't tell anyone! ;)

Evergreen 07-13-2010 07:17 AM

Glad to see your thread Naomi! :)

You are blessed that your husband works out with you. Sounds like you had a good workout though even though he couldnt make it.

Stay Strong!

Evergreen 07-13-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebestme (Post 126906)

I just started creatine again. I didn't notice anything last time I took it, but there were so many variables and it can't hurt. With 3 weeks to go before final pix, I might as well give this a shot. So I am going to take my 4th dose today and out I go to do workout A in Hot Dudes Buff Chicks.

Let me know how the creatine works for you. I tried it a couple of years ago and really did not notice a difference either.

thebestme 07-13-2010 09:00 PM

Yay! He's back! He went and did workout A tonight and felt strong so I have him tomorrow. Yes, I'm super lucky. Part of the luckiness is we're in it together so as we zip around and sweat the place up, we are not alone! LOL! I know people kind of stare at us. Hee hee!

I'm on day 2 of my loading phase. I am not sure when I'm supposed to notice something. And I've made a dietary change so I will not know for sure if it's working. I have backed off the uber low calories I was doing and now am luxuriating in about 1700 calories. It's crazy how that seems like an insane amount of food when I was likely eating 1000 more than that before I started dieting. But after 1250 for so long, I am just beside myself! If I want to eat a WHOLE avocado, not just half, I can afford it! Woo hoo! Party time here!

Okay, on to workouts, I did a Zumba class this morning. It has been too hot in that class lately so I didn't really push it. I am more into Craig's philosophy now; the "at least 30 minutes of moving" should be something I enjoy, at least once a week. So while Zumba is a total sweat fest, I'm not as competitive as I was before I started TT. I just get a groove and have fun, something I didn't always do before because I was wearing a heart rate monitor and checking it to make sure I hit over 600 calories. I've ditched it and have no worries! I would not be surprised to find I'm burning 500 but who cares!

coastalveg 07-14-2010 12:51 AM

Hey Naomi! I like your philosophy for off days!! That's great!
You are looking awesome, keep up the great work!;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebestme (Post 126961)
Yay! He's back! He went and did workout A tonight and felt strong so I have him tomorrow. Yes, I'm super lucky. Part of the luckiness is we're in it together so as we zip around and sweat the place up, we are not alone! LOL! I know people kind of stare at us. Hee hee!

I'm on day 2 of my loading phase. I am not sure when I'm supposed to notice something. And I've made a dietary change so I will not know for sure if it's working. I have backed off the uber low calories I was doing and now am luxuriating in about 1700 calories. It's crazy how that seems like an insane amount of food when I was likely eating 1000 more than that before I started dieting. But after 1250 for so long, I am just beside myself! If I want to eat a WHOLE avocado, not just half, I can afford it! Woo hoo! Party time here!

Okay, on to workouts, I did a Zumba class this morning. It has been too hot in that class lately so I didn't really push it. I am more into Craig's philosophy now; the "at least 30 minutes of moving" should be something I enjoy, at least once a week. So while Zumba is a total sweat fest, I'm not as competitive as I was before I started TT. I just get a groove and have fun, something I didn't always do before because I was wearing a heart rate monitor and checking it to make sure I hit over 600 calories. I've ditched it and have no worries! I would not be surprised to find I'm burning 500 but who cares!