TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   8th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Got sick to my stomach.... (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8947)

cahj1968 05-04-2010 01:37 PM

Got sick to my stomach....

I started on the 3rd, hopeful and eager. Today my friend e-mailed me the before pictures we took. I opened them excited to get over here and start posting. I was disgusted and ashamed by what I have allowed myself to turn into. I still can not bring myself to attach these photos, nor do I know if I will to the end of the contest. I have my measurements and my body-fat numbers, which I will post latter when i get home from work. So lets just say I am motivated to make this happen, I have very big goals and plan on attaining them. I want to loose 5 pound a week for the whole 12 weeks of the program that would be a loss of 60 pounds. I will be using the basic TT program, and for diet I will be following the "Precision Nutrition" system and "Eat Stop Eat".

Good luck to everyone that takes the challenge and I hope you achieve your goals.

jezTT 05-04-2010 01:50 PM

5lb per week! Goodness.

I'm not sure what other more experienced posters are going to say but in my limited experience 5lb per week is quite extreme, if at all possible. I'm quite willing for a weight-loss guru to come along here and tell me I'm wrong and how it can be achieved but I'd be surprised if 60lb in 12 weeks is attainable, short of contracting amoebic dysentery for at least part of it.

Still, the important thing is the committment. Well done for wanting to make the change and go for whatever fat loss you choose - and sod the time-frame.

cahj1968 05-05-2010 09:56 AM

starting stats

3 Attachment(s)
3-May
Weight:_363.6 lbs
% BF:_39.1
BMI:_46.7
Height:_6'2"

Neck:_50 cm
Shoulders:_179 cm
Chest:_ 156 cm
Waist +3:_ 148 cm
Waist:_ 142 cm
Waist -3:_ 133 cm
Hips:_
Thighs +9:_ 73 cm
Thighs +6:_ 63 cm
Thighs +3:_ 49 cm
Calf:_ 52 cm
Bicep:_ 42 cm
Forearm:_
* Waist measurements are at the navel, 3" inches above, and 3" below.
* Thigh measurements are taken 3, 6, and 9 inches above the patella.

antoheion 05-05-2010 10:51 AM

Hi, cahj1968
Good luck with your transformation!!

cahj1968 05-06-2010 09:19 PM

Question about equipment

I am doing the 4-week body weight work out, and did the interval training this evening. Now my question is what is the difference between the two type of bikes? Ones was the standard and the other was a recumbent. Also what is the proper way to set up the recumbent bike.

cahj1968 05-09-2010 10:38 PM

Had a great week

I am off to bed after a long Mothers Day. I had a really great week and I am so glad I decided to do this. I will post some numbers tomorrow. I am shocked at what one week of clean living did for me.... I am looking forward to new changes every week...

cahj1968 05-10-2010 09:15 AM

10MAY10 Measurements

Weight: _348.4 THAT IS A 15 lb LOSS!!!!
BMI: _44.7
Neck: _48
Shoulders: _163
Chest: _148.5
Bicep: _43.5
Forearm: _31
Waist +3:_143.5
Waist: _138.5
Waist -3:_134.5
Hips: _130
Thighs +9:_74.5
Thighs +6:_68
Thighs +3:_54
Calf: _49.5

This first week has totally blown my mind. I dropped two notches on my belt and my pants are not tight on me anymore. My energy levels are through the roof. My moods are extremely stable and I no longer have bouts of anger and rage when little things set me off (i.e. traffic). I find I have more clarity and have become more productive at work.

Can processed and packaged food really have that bad of an effect on people? That was my goal for the week, nothing out of a box or package, everything that I ate was as close to its natural/raw state as possible. The only exception I allowed was 1 packet of “Raw Sugar” every morning with my coffee (I usually drink around 8 cups a day).

I am realistic and do not expect to this dramatic of a change every week but I have to say this week feels pretty damn good. :)

Another thing I noticed is how hard a body weight workout can be, I never expected to have that same, your muscles have been worked, feeling like you get from weights with just a body weight routine.

mmcdonald 05-10-2010 09:37 AM

Wow! Congrats!

I think you and I have alot in common!

We both started the same day and had similar body compositions. In my first week I lost 9 and I feel very similar to you! I agree with your assesments of the work outs and increased energy levels. I don't know about you, but I already "feel" like I am in better shape, which encourages me to stay eating well and sticking to the TT workouts.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you continue to be this excited through the program!

Great job!!!!

Best,
Mike

cahj1968 05-10-2010 11:02 PM

Another good day.... going to try and get up early and do the Intervals before work and then the body weight workout after work....

Evaki 05-11-2010 08:49 AM

WOW!

That's some amazing progress!! Congratulations!
I have to say though that 5 lbs a week might be reaching a bit too high? It's great if you have it as a goal to work towards, I'm just worried that if you loose 1-3 pounds a week, which is GREAT you'd feel disappointed or that you let yourself down. Loosing weight is a bumpy ride, so you have to be prepared for some less successful weeks, otherwise you might get dissapointed and loose motivation.. that's my only concern!
The highest amount anyone's lost in the TT contest so far is between 30 and 35 pounds. Feel free to aim for 60, just make sure that if you should land on 40 you'll still be the biggest looser through the history of TT challenges!

I really wish you all the best and I'm looking forwards to seeing your progress :)