TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   19th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Jenelle keeping the ball going (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=12901)

hal1 02-25-2014 04:28 PM

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? You mention having many bathing suits in your wardrobe...seems like a logical question. :)

sbgal 02-27-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal1 (Post 185933)
If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? You mention having many bathing suits in your wardrobe...seems like a logical question. :)

I have a bathing suit obsession but I live in OREGON. In my defense I'm from Santa Barbara and old habits die hard lol.

I don't wear any of the suits that I have except for before/after pictures - sigh...

sbgal 02-27-2014 03:21 PM

I kind of screwed up

I realized that I set myself up for failure by creating a mindset that didn't propel me in a forward direction. I named this thread "Keeping the ball rolling" which I have done, very well I must admit. The ball is rolling, almost without effort. I'm "maintaining" and making small gains in muscle, little to no losses in weight, not nearly enough to be a serious contender for a win this time.

I believe the mindset is probably the most important aspect of succeeding. Had I named this thread more like "Smashing all barriers" or "Killing the last 10 pounds" or something with some balls then MY mind would have been behaving differently. Instead I've just been coasting along, keeping the ball rolling.

Today I STOP keeping the freaking ball going. I'm picking the ball up and throwing it out of the yard because I'm sick of looking at it rolling along the ground :)

hal1 02-27-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbgal (Post 186014)
I realized that I set myself up for failure by creating a mindset that didn't propel me in a forward direction. I named this thread "Keeping the ball rolling" which I have done, very well I must admit. The ball is rolling, almost without effort. I'm "maintaining" and making small gains in muscle, little to no losses in weight, not nearly enough to be a serious contender for a win this time.

I believe the mindset is probably the most important aspect of succeeding. Had I named this thread more like "Smashing all barriers" or "Killing the last 10 pounds" or something with some balls then MY mind would have been behaving differently. Instead I've just been coasting along, keeping the ball rolling.

Today I STOP keeping the freaking ball going. I'm picking the ball up and throwing it out of the yard because I'm sick of looking at it rolling along the ground :)

Awesome! I've been there, done that before, too. I think if maintenance were your goal, you've got that down which in and of itself is a big thing. It has been for me. But if you're still looking to progress, then you certainly can. Now you know how to maintain, and you know what it takes to progress. That's an amazing thing!

So you gonna start a new thread? :D

hal1 02-27-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbgal (Post 186013)
I have a bathing suit obsession but I live in OREGON. In my defense I'm from Santa Barbara and old habits die hard lol.

I don't wear any of the suits that I have except for before/after pictures - sigh...

Oregon, huh? I lived in Corvallis for 4 years (yep, Oregon Stater I am). Too much rain for me - pretty sure I had some seasonal "issues" with my mood (confident my roommate would say so). But then I grew up in Hawaii, so that's my excuse. I, too, have many bathing suits but I have a diverse wardrobe and it is not limited to bathing suits alone. I can't go more than one swim suit season without buying at least 2 new suits (often more). Holdover from all my beach days. Pools are mostly what I get where I am in NC, and those are hard on suits - so that's still a good excuse to buy a new suit (or two, three, or four) at least every other year. :)

sbgal 02-27-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal1 (Post 186016)
Oregon, huh? I lived in Corvallis for 4 years (yep, Oregon Stater I am). Too much rain for me - pretty sure I had some seasonal "issues" with my mood (confident my roommate would say so). But then I grew up in Hawaii, so that's my excuse. I, too, have many bathing suits but I have a diverse wardrobe and it is not limited to bathing suits alone. I can't go more than one swim suit season without buying at least 2 new suits (often more). Holdover from all my beach days. Pools are mostly what I get where I am in NC, and those are hard on suits - so that's still a good excuse to buy a new suit (or two, three, or four) at least every other year. :)

I'm a good 40 minutes now of Corvallis and yes, it rains WAY too much. My husband loves it, I whine...ALOT!! It sure is pretty though and the summers are pretty incredible. Hawaii would be cool but the beaches in So Cal were nice too.

Maintenance - ya, I got that one down, as long as I don't get too comfortable.. My biggest issue is that I only want to lose the other 10 pounds just to "see" what I look like. I don't really intend to stay that small. I'm 5'9" and I think for my frame anything smaller than a size 8 is kind of freakish (that's about 145 pounds). Big head, big boobs and tiny legs. I'm not so sold on it like I was to lose the first 30#. Working on finding out what I WANT to look like without weird mirror issues in my head.

shawnss711 02-27-2014 04:00 PM

Kill it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbgal (Post 186014)

Mindset is HUGE! The physical transformation won't last without the proper mindset.

Believe in yourself :)
You have come a long way, Janelle.
Shawn

BrentNeevel 03-11-2014 11:08 AM

Congrats on winner the 75K contest! And welcome aboard! Keep up the good work.

mocombes 03-12-2014 02:27 AM

Congratulations on winning the TT cert contest; you deserve it! You'll help a lot of folks with all your knowledge, both textbook and acquired through your own sweat (literally). Way to go!

sbgal 03-30-2014 02:51 PM

Oh my gosh - it's been FOREVER since I've been "on" here. Busy time of year at work and forums are such time suckers, hard to keep up with them.

Gearing up for the last week of the Challenge, pics on Saturday. Weight hasn't changed much at all but composition has for sure.

I'm super excited about one of my friends. She is also the mother of a US Marine (that's how we met) and she took on the challenge and looks amazing. Out of all the people that said they were going to do it, she did and she kicked butt. I saw her yesterday at a Marine Mom function and she is just so darn happy :) It's really gratifying to see those changes.

Happy Sunday everyone - hopefully I'll have time to poop in and see how you're all doing after the grocery trip.

Craig Ballantyne 03-30-2014 04:58 PM

So awesome to hear from you and about that Marine mom. Very cool!

sbgal 04-07-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne (Post 186883)
So awesome to hear from you and about that Marine mom. Very cool!

Craig - wait until you see her results. I'm so proud. Robin Goins is her name.

sbgal 04-07-2014 12:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished. Here are some side by sides. I'll be back later to wrap up commentary lol.

mocombes 04-07-2014 01:49 AM

Janelle, you look great! Congratulations on your success!

Radz 04-07-2014 08:10 AM

Awesome Jenelle!!!! Very inspiring!!! :)

sbgal 04-07-2014 02:41 PM

Thanks Guys - It's awesome going into this "shorts" season being able to wear them lol.

craig.mitch316 04-07-2014 05:09 PM

Well done Janelle, fantastic results.

hal1 04-08-2014 12:22 PM

Lookin' good! :)

LeslieM 04-20-2014 11:55 PM

Overachiever!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbgal (Post 187075)
Finished. Here are some side by sides. I'll be back later to wrap up commentary lol.

You look fantastic. Even my husband said so!(and then I punched him with my extremely buff arm!)