TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   9th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Galaxy going for Gold this time! (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9535)

galaxy 09-06-2010 10:28 PM

Galaxy going for Gold this time!

Hi everyone

Well as the title says, I am going for Gold this time round.

I started Contest # 8 and was doing quite well up to the week 6 mark, then I fell off the rails for various reasons. My son had to have surgery and I suffered a few asthma attacks, which really threw me, although I didn't stop training totally, it was a bit intermittent and my eating really slipped.

As a result of the ill health, I missed the last few weeks and dropped out of the contest, so have been waiting for #9 to start. As Craig says, don't give up!

So here I am again!! this time around, I am going to learn from my mistakes last time round and set smaller attainable goals that will actually be little steps to get me closer to my main goals. I think I aimed too much at the end result I wanted last time and didn't think too much about the little steps that will get me there. I am also being vocal about making changes so my friends are aware, and I will be on here as much as I can so I am accountable.

I also have the support of my husband this time which will help so much, he has started doing the TT workouts and has been really impressed by the quick progress he has made. Although I know it will make me sick how quickly he will lose weight and it will be so much harder for me!

I have managed to maintain some sort of TT workouts since the last contest, so I am going to continue through the TT for fat loss manual as I would have done anyway.

This means I will be just starting TK5 (I think!) I have really enjoyed TK3 and TK4, so am hoping TK5 will be just as good, am sure it will be!

The hardest part for me will be the nutrition, this is my biggest battle and demon. I have a history of eating disorders so food and weight has always been huge thing for me. I would like to say I am over the disorders, but to be honest they are an addiction so you never get over it, I feel like they are always lurking away in the background.

Since having children, I am aware that my eating habits will affect them, so I do believe I have much healthier attitidue towards food (as I know my unhealthy one came from my Mum)
but it's still a battle and I still have a tendency to binge.

I am really hoping that by doing the contest I am can keep on track and not go off the rails, and take control of my eating. This will be a huge thing for me beleive me.

One of my mini goals will be to track my food on fitday, so even if I do go off the track, it might not actually be as bad as I think and if it is I know how much I need to pull back to put it right. O r just rule a line under it and start again. this will be a challenge!

I plan to write my goals tonight and take photos so if I dare i will post them tomorrow, so far none of the before photos seem as bad as mine will be, so that's a bit scary!

That's it for now guys, I will be heading to the gym later so do workout A of my new workouts, will update you tomorrow on how it went.

good luck everyone,

cheers Katie

jenniferlynne76 09-06-2010 10:47 PM

Good luck, Katie! As a recovering binge eater, I know how hard an ED can be to overcome. It's something we have to manage daily. But I also know that with the right habits and support system, manage it we can.

Looking forward to cheering you on through this process.

-Jen

Starbuck1517 09-06-2010 11:41 PM

Best of luck with all your goals, Katie! You seem to have everything under control this time. It's crazy what life can throw at us...Sometimes there are just tough times and the best you can do is hang in and maintain a bit till the dust settles. But how amazing that you managed to keep up workouts, even intermittently, and yourself get back on track! :)

evenstar74 09-07-2010 12:41 AM

Good luck with your goals! Having your husband's support will help; these forums are always great for support, but the support of the people we live is invaluable for those moments when we feel weakest.
Don't be afraid to post your starting pictures, I think that is a good extra motivation. We're all at different stages here, and I truely believe we are all our own worst critics. (Got to get my own pictures resized and posted tomorrow!).

hotchocolate 09-07-2010 06:19 AM

Good luck with your contest - i am also a Uk er so seems there are a few of us doing this!

Does anyone else from the uk use FITDAY? i am trying but having to manually enter most things is some of our products arent listed!

GillianM 09-07-2010 09:26 AM

Good luck guys!

Good luck everyone. I am from the UK also. Living in London at the mo. I have used fitday. It can be quite time consuming but overall I thought it was good.

I wish everyone all the best in the contest. I am on my own personal journey (5wks in to be exact) but I am excited to see how everyone gets along with the transformation contest and at the same time I plan to get some serious results myself! I have a weigh in with my doctor tomorrow. I am slighly nervous but I have worked my ass off and I am feeling the slimmest & fittest I've been in a year. So positive thinking all the way.

galaxy 09-07-2010 07:14 PM

Day 1

Hi everyone

thanks for the messages of support.

The photos were taken last night, I have actually seen them yet, husband took them will down them later and put them on the forum gulp, not looking forward to seeing them, but am determined they will be better ones in 6 weeks and even better in 12 weeks.

Also took weight and measurements, I am actually heavier than I was when I started #8 contest so that's pretty depressing, but am looking forward now and looking forward to those numbers decreasing.

I have also started telling people that I am doing this, I actually work in a tertiary instituion and work in admin, but in dept Sport and Ex Science, so I have plenty of knowledge around me and resources I can use. I think I have been too embarrassed or feared failure before to ask for help, but this time I am being more accountable and confident that I will do this.

I am going to get my body fat measured accurately with skin calipers and by a trainer who knows what they are doing, as I am not convinced that the girl at the gym did it properly.
Not looking forward to the results, but I need a starting point and will aim to get this lower too.

OK workout journal:

Last night at the gym I did Workout A of the TK5 and that was great, really enjoyed it but the spiderman pushups were hard man! but I did manage 5

also the interval training has gone up to Advanced level 2, which is hard, I was really sweating when I finished, but felt great.

I will log my food on fitday, and workout how I can link that to this log/

thanks veryone, will be back later to check on your progess.

cheers for now

Katie

hotchocolate 09-08-2010 05:12 AM

Well done Katie - looks like youve got off to a good start :-)

galaxy 09-09-2010 01:47 AM

Workout journal

Had a day off gym yesterday, was not able to fit into the day as working then too many after school activities but was happy to have rest.

Today:

Workout B from TTK5 - wow that was great. (I only did 2 supersets of each exercise as this is my first time in doing this new programme)

Loved the decline pushups, managed to 20 the first time, and 15 the second time around without stopping. then did the other 5.

Found the Incline rows quite tough, but will keep going. Think that's tecnique too.

I still look pretty stupid trying to do the real chinups so I am using the assisted machine in the gym! (for now!) - I will get to the real ones one day!

Also took measurements and weight on Tuesday night, I just need to post them and my photos, still not quite got the courage for that yet!

Will get my body fat measured tomorrow at work, by an expert, she is also going to do my husbands too so he is joingin me in the competiton.

Keep up the great work eveyrone.

Cheers for now

Katie

bettywantsabs 09-09-2010 05:44 AM

Hi Katie, I'm sure you will do great on this contest and develop a love for exercise and healthy eating habits for life. I was literally addicted to food, junk food, there is so much of it out there, it's everywhere, and very hard to avoid! Any time I've "dieted" I've found it hard to incorporate a *cheat* meal, sometimes I felt like it had to be all or nothing. But I've come to realise that you can *treat* yourself every now and then, and you shouldn't feel bad about it. Believe in yourself and you can do anything. Good luck!