TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   15th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Getting back on that bike - again! (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11998)

galaxy 09-05-2012 05:42 AM

Getting back on that bike - again!

Hi Guys

Well as the title says (thanks to Rob for the inspiration, I nicked it from your post!)

I am getting back on that bike, the old TT bike! Although to be fair I have never been off the TT bike, I found TT training back in Dec 2010 and have used the programs ever since, they are the best.

I have taken part in and won a TT contests before so I am not eligible to win this time around, but it never was about the winning, it's because taking part in a TT contest simply gets resultls.

It gives me the focus and commitment I need to succeed and the support you get is fantastic.

I have regained a bit of the weight I lost since winning Contest number 11, but I have always kept up my TT training so this is about getting my nutrition back on track and I know the contest forum will help me do this.

I seem to yo you with around 8lbs but am sure it would be more if I did not continue with the TT programs.

So here I am back again, now living in the UK after 6 years in NZ, it has been a bit tough since returning with no jobs and finding schools for the children etc. I am still not working which is hard being home all the day on my own, but I am the only one that take control of my eating and I must do that now.

I did start contest number 14 but fell by the way side, but not this time, I am in it for the long haul and I will post my goas and measurements later today.

good luck to everyone and I look forward to sharing the TT transformation with eveyrone, great to see some familiar faces as I know the fantastic support and knowledge they offer, but also looking forward to helping in any way I can.

Cheers for now Katie :)

ps goals, measurement and stragegy to follow!

Mike Whitfield 09-05-2012 06:31 AM

Hey Katie, please keep us posted on your progress. End 2012 with a bang!

Mike

RobB 09-05-2012 07:29 AM

Glad to see you are still at it and back here, Katie....continued success!! Rob;)

allbruteforce 09-05-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxy (Post 167827)
Hi Guys

Well as the title says (thanks to Rob for the inspiration, I nicked it from your post!)

I am getting back on that bike, the old TT bike! Although to be fair I have never been off the TT bike, I found TT training back in Dec 2010 and have used the programs ever since, they are the best.

I have taken part in and won a TT contests before so I am not eligible to win this time around, but it never was about the winning, it's because taking part in a TT contest simply gets resultls.

It gives me the focus and commitment I need to succeed and the support you get is fantastic.

I have regained a bit of the weight I lost since winning Contest number 11, but I have always kept up my TT training so this is about getting my nutrition back on track and I know the contest forum will help me do this.

I seem to yo you with around 8lbs but am sure it would be more if I did not continue with the TT programs.

So here I am back again, now living in the UK after 6 years in NZ, it has been a bit tough since returning with no jobs and finding schools for the children etc. I am still not working which is hard being home all the day on my own, but I am the only one that take control of my eating and I must do that now.

I did start contest number 14 but fell by the way side, but not this time, I am in it for the long haul and I will post my goas and measurements later today.

good luck to everyone and I look forward to sharing the TT transformation with eveyrone, great to see some familiar faces as I know the fantastic support and knowledge they offer, but also looking forward to helping in any way I can.

Cheers for now Katie :)

ps goals, measurement and stragegy to follow!

We're all in this together, you will do this. The forums have been a huge part of my success.

allbruteforce 09-05-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitfieldTT (Post 167834)
Hey Katie, please keep us posted on your progress. End 2012 with a bang!

Mike

Mike i'd love to see a finsher in december called "bang".

Then we really could finish 2012 with a "bang".

concetta27 09-05-2012 10:02 AM

Welcome back Katie. Best of luck with your goals. Concetta

Jollybeggar 09-05-2012 01:53 PM

Welcome back Katie. I remember you from TC11. I quit that one...and 12 :)

Hope you reach your goals.

Mike Whitfield 09-06-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allbruteforce (Post 167841)
Mike i'd love to see a finsher in december called "bang".

Then we really could finish 2012 with a "bang".

I kid you not... you gave me an idea!

Ohhhhh boy....
Mike

debz0773 09-10-2012 05:32 PM

Heya Katie.. So you are back in the northern hemisphere..wow.. such big changes. Nice to see you here. :)

galaxy 09-18-2012 10:38 AM

Update so far

Hi guys

Thanks for the messages of support I need them!!

I had a really good first week but 2nd week all went down hill and any losses I made in the first week, were regained in the 2nd week. But..... I will not give up, I am here to do this and do this I will:)

I looked back through my previous contest and thought about what got me through and how I had success and I reminded myself what I need to do!

So, I need to post my starting stats, set my contest goals, and set out how I am going to do this.

Starting Stats:

9st 2lb
128.8 lb
58kg

Waist 30"
Chest 37"
Hips 37"

R thigh 22.5 "
L thigh 23.5"
Belly - measurement just below belly button - 34.5"

Contest Goals:

lose 10lbs
Maintain this when I finish contest

How I am going to do it:

1. Follow TT programs - started with Metabolic Finishers
2. Log food every day on my fitness pal
3. Set daily goals
4. Avoid processed foods
5. Base diet on fruit/veg/nuts/lean meat
6. Add in 1 -2 fasts a week if required
7. check into TT forum at least 3 times a week more if possible

To do this all this I also need to be organised and plan ahead by shopping in advance and preparing a menu so I know what I am going to eat each day.

Plan my workouts into my week.

I am currently unemployed so am home all day and husband is working away so am struggling some days with the nutrition as I am home alone all week. I am job hunting each day and spend a lot of time on the internet applying for jobs, but have also offered to help out at my son's school as I do need to get out of the house!

I am not currently a member of the gym as finances will not allow it, so am working out at home, I have a weight bench, and a small set of weights and have set up a mini gym in the conservatory.

I am committed to working out and even through the tough times of being unemployed, stress of moving back to the UK etc, I have maintained my workouts so I know I can do this. My hardest problem is nutrition - but it always has been!!

I will also try to post my workouts and nutrition as I know that accountability is important and of course the advise and help from the other TTer's

Monday - workout

Workout A - Metabolic Finishers:

Nutrition:

2 scrambled eggs, tomatoes, 2 slices ham, 1 slice of bread

2 apples

strawberries, grapes,

15 cashew nuts

Stir fry veg, peppers, tomatoes, spring onion, basmati rice, 1 slice ham,

Green tea and water throughout day

It's Tuesday today and I am doing a fast until 6pm this evening, it's recovery day today and I need it!

I have been working out with Metabolic Finishers, which has Burpees in workout A but I have been substituting them with Total Body Extensions as burpees often set my back pain off.

Well I was feeling strong today so thought I would give the burpees a go, I managed them fine but today my back is a bit niggly. So maybe I do need to go back to the TBX instead, or not do as many burpees as they are definitly tougher!

Ok that's me for today, I will drop by some of you posts.

Keep up the great work

Cheers for now Katie:)