TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   9th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   It's simple! (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9507)

thebestme 09-02-2010 11:21 PM

It's simple!

The title of this thread is about reaching my goals simply. I can have a tendency to over-research and confuse the issue. Craig made me aware of this any number of times already in this journey. Speaking of which, I haven't nailed down a start date! :o

antoheion 09-03-2010 03:45 AM

Hi Naomi, good luck with your new transformation! (even if it's not about luck at all-you hope for luck only when you are guessing about your diet&training) Can't wait to see where this 12 weeks will lead you to- Looking at your after photo form the 8th contest, I have a feeling that a great six-pack abs is on its way!
Have a great day,
Ion

thebestme 09-03-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antoheion (Post 129776)
Looking at your after photo form the 8th contest, I have a feeling that a great six-pack abs is on its way!
Have a great day,
Ion

Oh how I hope you are right. Belief is the most important part.

thebestme 09-03-2010 03:43 PM

Oh and this is what "the universe" emailed me today.

The ease of change, Naomi, is directly proportional to one's willingness to reconsider what's best for themselves.

I say let it be easy -
The Universe

So....perhaps goals turn out to be more like hitting personal bests. I just don't know. Time's a ticking!

wsarwani 09-03-2010 06:16 PM

How on earth did you get on The Universe's mailing list? :D

I have no doubt that you're have another terrific contest, based on the excellent results you achieved during the last one. You'll be an inspiration, role-model and effective support from many people in the forums, I'm sure.

Wishing you every success for TC9.

missrobyn007 09-03-2010 08:21 PM

Great to see you back Naomi. With your determination and Craig's workouts, you will no doubt have the 6 pack,,, hmmmm, I'd say well before the end of the 12 weeks :)

Loving the planks,

Robyn.

Starbuck1517 09-04-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebestme (Post 129772)
The title of this thread is about reaching my goals simply. I can have a tendency to over-research and confuse the issue. Craig made me aware of this any number of times already in this journey. Speaking of which, I haven't nailed down a start date! :o

Naomi, I have no doubt that you will reach all your goals! We perfectionist types do tend to over-research sometimes. :)

But all parameters are not always known at the outset of a project, especially one as big as remodeling your body, or your life. So a simple approach, combined with acknowledging that the only constant is change, and some flexibility may be required along the way, may not seem like perfection...but is often the one that will keep you sanest! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

cesium0122 09-05-2010 08:47 AM

Hi Naomi, I am excited to see what TTC9 brings for you! In the past, I have also tended to overcalculate, overanalyze, and overdo everything. Good luck to you in this contest!

thebestme 09-07-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsarwani (Post 129818)
How on earth did you get on The Universe's mailing list? :D

I have no doubt that you're have another terrific contest, based on the excellent results you achieved during the last one. You'll be an inspiration, role-model and effective support from many people in the forums, I'm sure.

Wishing you every success for TC9.

Thank you so much! It's an email list someone told me about. Lovely, inspiring daily messages. LMK if you want me to dig out the info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by missrobyn007 (Post 129827)
Great to see you back Naomi. With your determination and Craig's workouts, you will no doubt have the 6 pack,,, hmmmm, I'd say well before the end of the 12 weeks :)

Loving the planks,

Robyn.

Robyn, gosh, I hope you're right. I want that 6 pack but I have been losing belief a bit. I am taking an extra week before starting to get my mindset right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbuck1517 (Post 129850)
Naomi, I have no doubt that you will reach all your goals! We perfectionist types do tend to over-research sometimes. :)

But all parameters are not always known at the outset of a project, especially one as big as remodeling your body, or your life. So a simple approach, combined with acknowledging that the only constant is change, and some flexibility may be required along the way, may not seem like perfection...but is often the one that will keep you sanest! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

This does seem to be where I am at now. It's a funny place to be; trying to be okay with being open and not completely clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cesium0122 (Post 129944)
Hi Naomi, I am excited to see what TTC9 brings for you! In the past, I have also tended to overcalculate, overanalyze, and overdo everything. Good luck to you in this contest!

Thanks! Any tips on not overcalculating are always welcome! :) I have not shared all the silliness, thank goodness, but lots going on in this busy brain of mine. More later, trying to catch up with this forum.

weetamclan 09-07-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebestme (Post 130163)

Thanks! Any tips on not overcalculating are always welcome! :) I have not shared all the silliness, thank goodness, but lots going on in this busy brain of mine. More later, trying to catch up with this forum.

Much better to have a busy brain than an empty one ;)