TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   6th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Be My Best: TT challenge #6 (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7641)

DonnaRichards 09-01-2009 06:19 AM

Be My Best: TT challenge #6

Was probably going to be back in for this one anyway but the little incentive of 6 months free membership for finishing the challenge really made the decision easy .... I'M BACK !

Haven't been around much lately so wee intro for those who don't know me - Donna, age 40, a kiwi who lives in Sydney, Australia. Long time TT user but have also mixed it up with other training styles/plans.

Not aiming for particular body composition changes over the challenge. I'm already at a pretty healthy body fat level and not interested in being a figure competitor. If I make some small changes and get a bit more muscular definition happening that'll be a bonus.

Focussing on performance. Took 3 measures which I am aiming to improve.

- pushups to failure. Current 18

- chinups to failure. Current 4

- burpees in a minute. Current 27.

Additionally, I love running. Would ordinarily set a 5k time goal as well. But am just completely revamping my running style following a methodology called "Chi Running" to look after my knees and hips. Have book/dvd and have just done a workshop. I'm now in very early stages of practicing. So not fast time goals, just contracting with myself to keep practicing.

TT Programs for the challenge. Have started with Nov 2008 BW Cardio 2.0 as my last program (not TT, this one http://www.precisionnutrition.com/8-...ove-jb-results) very strength focussed so I now want to focus on cardiovascular work for a bit.

Not sure what I'll do after that but my basic idea is to alternate between cardio/metabolic workouts like this one and the more strength based workouts and see how that goes.

Nutrition wise I follow Precision Nutrition (sometimes a little loosely).

minexdy1013 09-01-2009 01:24 PM

Tip for the new and old members: follow this girl's journal. You will learn plenty from this gal just by reading her posts.

Like your goals, Donna...goodluck!

Andy

billy_quiz 09-01-2009 01:27 PM

Hi Donna,

Great to see you back!! I love Chi running! I found it very interesting that a lot of the stuff Danny talks about, I'd already discovered and started to implement in my running thoughts. I found there was little about competitive running but I've integrated it into my training plans to reduce injury rates.

Wishing you all the best for TT 6.

jmayeraz 09-01-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minexdy1013 (Post 107734)
Tip for the new and old members: follow this girl's journal. You will learn plenty from this gal just by reading her posts.

Andy

I agree with Andy

DonnaRichards 09-01-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy_quiz (Post 107735)
Hi Donna,

Great to see you back!! I love Chi running! I found it very interesting that a lot of the stuff Danny talks about, I'd already discovered and started to implement in my running thoughts. I found there was little about competitive running but I've integrated it into my training plans to reduce injury rates.

Wishing you all the best for TT 6.

that's very interesting to hear Chris as I have a lot of respect for your knowledge from what I've seen you post here and on your site. Good to get confirmation I'm doing the right thing. Thanks !

DonnaRichards 09-01-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minexdy1013 (Post 107734)

Andy

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmayeraz (Post 107736)
I agree with Andy

thanks both ! lovely words.

cesium0122 09-01-2009 08:41 PM

Great to see you back, Donna! :) Good luck in TC6!

jujuyes 09-01-2009 09:16 PM

I can see TC6 is gonna be AAAAWESOME!!!!

Great to see you've jumped in too!

:)

DonnaRichards 09-02-2009 05:33 AM

Wed 2 Sep 2009

seeing as my challenge officially started Monday time to start posting ! Pretty tired today, am on call for work this week and had a couple calls overnight. So proud of myself for getting my workout in anyway and it helped.

w-up x 2

y squat 15
elevated pushup 5/side
stickup 10
hip flexor stretch 20s
chest stretch 20s
hamstring stretch 20s

workout C TT BW cardio 2.0 (I actually started the programme last week, that's why I'm on C today)

circuit x 2

running high knees 40/side
offset walking pushup 10/side
split squat front foot elevated 20/side - these are deceptively nasty
x body mountain climber 10/side
siff squat 50
side plank 40s/side
T pushup 10/side
side-side jumps 10/side

left out the optional cardio

M1: 8am: omelette - 1 egg, 1/2c white, onion, tomato, broccoli, asparagus; tahini, smoked salmon, taboulleh

M2: 10:45am: muesli, bit of milk, cottage cheese, mixed berries,spinach

M3: 2pm (PW): mexican spiced red lentils, mix raw veges; banana, 4 fresh dates, raw vegan brownie

M4: 5pm: 2 chicken thighs, tahini, mix raw veges. apple

M5: am contemplating - probably 2 wholegrain/pumpkin seed crackers w. fig/apple/ginger chutney, tasty cheese, tomato, spinach.

supps: multi, 4 fish oil caps
coffee: 2
tea: 2

minexdy1013 09-02-2009 12:28 PM

Just getting em done and out of the way, Donna...Good for you. Keep it going.

~ Andy