TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   13th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Counting down! New year, new me!!! (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11408)

northpolechick 12-29-2011 06:39 PM

Counting down! New year, new me!!!

I'm feeling excited, I'm getting ready!

I went shopping today, a new job means a week of professional casual wear... what? not scrubs? Not ABUs? Not gym clothes... hmmm... I scoured my closet, and tried to tug items on. I've come to the conclusion that nothing fits me :-(
There's a danger in wearing uniforms that are made to be baggy. I am disappointed in myself.
Today is the day I examine the multitudes of workouts I can choose from and pick the one that is right for me.
I'm counting down to the 1st of the month, the first of the year. A perfect chunk of 12 weeks to get me in awesome PT shape. I'm excited to start running again. I'm excited to be sore from head to toe again. The amazing soreness that only Craig's workouts cause. Those deceptive simple looking workouts always sneak up on you, round one down and you're sweating. I'm ready.
T minus 3 days!

Best of luck to everyone!!
~Amanda

Jim Vellenga 12-29-2011 06:47 PM

May you achieve success in attaining your goals. Remember this is a long term thing, if you persist you will succeed.

northpolechick 12-29-2011 09:38 PM

There's a question in here... Shawna's pull up challenge workouts OK for TT workout?

Thanks Jim!

Got my bodybugg charging... it was sitting next to my TV collecting dust, ironically I was looking for the remote, hoping my dog hadn't eaten the darned thing, and saw it. Renewed my subscription and took some preliminary measurements/weight... it sure isn't pretty.

My weight had crept up about 10 pounds from where I thought it was:-(
I weighed in at 194.4!! I am dangerously close to the 200's! Scary thought. I'm officially starting on the 1st, but I'm doing an ease in these next few days.
My step-son has a procedure tomorrow that requires anesthesia, and he's 2 1/2, so I will be with his parents for support at 0630 in the morning. So I need to wake up early. I don't know what tomorrow will bring after that. We have the little guy at our house, and his dad is driving all night (his job) and probably won't sleep. So :-) good thing I'm a nurse, cuz those boys will need someone taking care of them and the dogs.

I'm wondering if a Craig recommended workout is okay for the contest? It isn't a TT workout, but man it's similar.
Did anyone else get hooked into the email Craig sent on the 17th? Shawna Kaminski's pull up and push up challenge?

My main goal is to beef up my pushups and do them with correct form to keep from hurting my shoulder over and over.

weetamclan 12-31-2011 09:54 AM

Glad you're back! Don't worry about your weight - it will come down soon enough :)

Hope you had a nice Christmas and are looking forward to an awesome sweat-filled year :D

northpolechick 12-31-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetamclan
Glad you're back! Don't worry about your weight - it will come down soon enough :)

Hope you had a nice Christmas and are looking forward to an awesome sweat-filled year :D

Thanks! I'm trying not to get down on myself. I feel like a broken record saying, "this time I'll really do it, this time I'll stick with it, this time I'll do awesome on my upcoming PT test."
But there it is, out there again... Saying what I'll do. 84 days of sticking with it, hoping it'll be habit and I won't have to start back at square 1.
Ringing in the new year with 2 of my kids tonight, a big festive junk food-palooza... Then game on in the AM. Trying to puzzle out the newspaper dilemma... Might just have to print out some online news.

Happy new year to all those who celebrate it!

northpolechick 01-01-2012 06:20 PM

Today is day 1

Slept late, it was nice.
No work out today, as everything is closed. Will figure out how to take pictures and will post measurements later today.

Happy new year all!

~Amanda

RobB 01-02-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northpolechick (Post 160514)
Slept late, it was nice.
No work out today, as everything is closed. Will figure out how to take pictures and will post measurements later today.

Happy new year all!

~Amanda

Nice to see ya back, NP chick......re-read Craigs Important Tip of the Day for extra motivation...........he has some great ones there.............luckily Craig gets up early......for me it is like getting my morning paper........both are there early!!!!!!

northpolechick 01-02-2012 09:13 PM

Thanks Rob,
Getting up early sure does set the day out right, but I'm transitioning to a night shift in a few weeks, so it will be a whole new acclimation. I hear night shifts are "bad for your health" but I'm naturally a night owl. I often find my most energetic hour to be 11 pm. We shall see what unique challenges my new schedule presents.
Since we didn't have a newspaper we didn't do our before pictures yesterday, which will make today our new day 1...
We ate well yesterday, no junk and I tracked it all, but we had crab legs and prime rib for dinner, along with baked potato and salad. It was a lot of calories, but not necessarily a bad for us meal.

Us being my husband, Todd and myself. He will be participating as well. Yay!!!

~Amanda

hgjohnston 01-02-2012 10:54 PM

I can totally relate to the "this time I will do it" quote. Can't even begin to count the number of times I have started then never finished. We can do this. My plan is just to take it one day at a time/one workout at time.

It is so great that your husband is in this with you. Makes meals so much easier, you won't be cooking 1 for yourself then one for your family.

Good luck on your challenge and I will be following along for the next 84 days. :)

Heather

PS Jaime Easton is my favorite too, love her physique.

northpolechick 01-03-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgjohnston (Post 160581)

It is so great that your husband is in this with you. Makes meals so much easier, you won't be cooking 1 for yourself then one for your family.

We have a saying in our family, "if you don't like it, you can eat cheerios" So even if he wasn't on the diet, if i cooked, either him and the kids would eat it, or they get cereal.

I am excited though, because when you have a bad day, you have someone you can talk to about it and they can relate, cuz they might have had a bad day too.

Thank you for your kind words Heather.
:-)

~Amanda

RobB 01-03-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northpolechick (Post 160575)
Thanks Rob,
Getting up early sure does set the day out right, but I'm transitioning to a night shift in a few weeks, so it will be a whole new acclimation. I hear night shifts are "bad for your health" but I'm naturally a night owl. I often find my most energetic hour to be 11 pm. We shall see what unique challenges my new schedule presents.
Since we didn't have a newspaper we didn't do our before pictures yesterday, which will make today our new day 1...
We ate well yesterday, no junk and I tracked it all, but we had crab legs and prime rib for dinner, along with baked potato and salad. It was a lot of calories, but not necessarily a bad for us meal.

Us being my husband, Todd and myself. He will be participating as well. Yay!!!

~Amanda

Lots of PROTEIN!!!!

northpolechick 01-04-2012 05:35 AM

Ran intervals today, great on staying with my eating plan for the day. Feel good, headed to bed. Tomorrow is packing and making last minute arrangements for a 2 night training trip down in Anchorage.

northpolechick 01-09-2012 01:23 AM

I am so proud of myself from how I did while at my training. I was stressed and out of my element. Luckily I had a rental car, which afforded me a little freedom to make my own food choices. I turned down free chinese food!!! amazing, I know ;-)
I flew back home friday night, and at guard duty on saturday morning. Of course, my favorite military people... the biggest enablers of bad diets that I have ever met. Luckily I asserted myself early on and they all stopped offering me food. I had brought my own, and I stuck to it.

Worked out tonight. Start orientation for new job tomorrow am. :-)

firemedicrr 01-09-2012 01:42 AM

you're rocking it, Amanda :) It's the little things that add up; the little decisions like no chinese food, and turning down free food at work. Often, it's the little decisions that are the hardest to make, because it's so easy to say "oh, its just this time" or "oh, it's just one little thing". ... Just remember, it's the little changes that stick around that stay habits, not the drastic ones (usually). Just keep making the little choices. :)

GL with night shift. It was always my favorite... but true that it's no good for your body. Just try to make sure that your sleep schedule is as regular as possible, and I am a huge advocate of black out curtains- the more you can confuse your body into thinking it really is nighttime, the better. lol

RobB 01-09-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northpolechick (Post 160612)
Ran intervals today, great on staying with my eating plan for the day. Feel good, headed to bed. Tomorrow is packing and making last minute arrangements for a 2 night training trip down in Anchorage.

Good for you! Keep up the great work!;)

hal1 01-10-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firemedicrr (Post 160736)
you're rocking it, Amanda :) It's the little things that add up; the little decisions like no chinese food, and turning down free food at work. Often, it's the little decisions that are the hardest to make, because it's so easy to say "oh, its just this time" or "oh, it's just one little thing". ... Just remember, it's the little changes that stick around that stay habits, not the drastic ones (usually). Just keep making the little choices. :)
l

Yeah, we got an email today that was titled, "cake and coffee in the lounge". Cake isn't in my plan, but every time I looked at my inbox, there it was, staring at me. So I did the only logical thing...I deleted the email and amazingly, cake went out of my brain about 5 seconds later and hasn't resurfaced until I read this about the little things.

Keep up this great overall trend, Amanda, of making good food decisions and you'll get there! :)

hgjohnston 01-11-2012 12:33 AM

You are doing great Amanda!! Turning down all those temptations and bringing your own food, very impressive!

Good luck with night shift. I was a shift worker up until 7 months ago and can totally relate. I didn't mind working them it was in between on the stretches off that I was a total zombie and just miserable to be around. Black out blinds are the best!

Again great job on all the food choices while you were away.