TT Members Forum

TT Members Forum (http://forum.ttmembers.com/index.php)
-   13th Transformation Contest (http://forum.ttmembers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Counting down! New year, new me!!! (http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11408)

RobB 01-03-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northpolechick (Post 160575)
Thanks Rob,
Getting up early sure does set the day out right, but I'm transitioning to a night shift in a few weeks, so it will be a whole new acclimation. I hear night shifts are "bad for your health" but I'm naturally a night owl. I often find my most energetic hour to be 11 pm. We shall see what unique challenges my new schedule presents.
Since we didn't have a newspaper we didn't do our before pictures yesterday, which will make today our new day 1...
We ate well yesterday, no junk and I tracked it all, but we had crab legs and prime rib for dinner, along with baked potato and salad. It was a lot of calories, but not necessarily a bad for us meal.

Us being my husband, Todd and myself. He will be participating as well. Yay!!!

~Amanda

Lots of PROTEIN!!!!

northpolechick 01-04-2012 05:35 AM

Ran intervals today, great on staying with my eating plan for the day. Feel good, headed to bed. Tomorrow is packing and making last minute arrangements for a 2 night training trip down in Anchorage.

northpolechick 01-09-2012 01:23 AM

I am so proud of myself from how I did while at my training. I was stressed and out of my element. Luckily I had a rental car, which afforded me a little freedom to make my own food choices. I turned down free chinese food!!! amazing, I know ;-)
I flew back home friday night, and at guard duty on saturday morning. Of course, my favorite military people... the biggest enablers of bad diets that I have ever met. Luckily I asserted myself early on and they all stopped offering me food. I had brought my own, and I stuck to it.

Worked out tonight. Start orientation for new job tomorrow am. :-)

firemedicrr 01-09-2012 01:42 AM

you're rocking it, Amanda :) It's the little things that add up; the little decisions like no chinese food, and turning down free food at work. Often, it's the little decisions that are the hardest to make, because it's so easy to say "oh, its just this time" or "oh, it's just one little thing". ... Just remember, it's the little changes that stick around that stay habits, not the drastic ones (usually). Just keep making the little choices. :)

GL with night shift. It was always my favorite... but true that it's no good for your body. Just try to make sure that your sleep schedule is as regular as possible, and I am a huge advocate of black out curtains- the more you can confuse your body into thinking it really is nighttime, the better. lol

RobB 01-09-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northpolechick (Post 160612)
Ran intervals today, great on staying with my eating plan for the day. Feel good, headed to bed. Tomorrow is packing and making last minute arrangements for a 2 night training trip down in Anchorage.

Good for you! Keep up the great work!;)

hal1 01-10-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firemedicrr (Post 160736)
you're rocking it, Amanda :) It's the little things that add up; the little decisions like no chinese food, and turning down free food at work. Often, it's the little decisions that are the hardest to make, because it's so easy to say "oh, its just this time" or "oh, it's just one little thing". ... Just remember, it's the little changes that stick around that stay habits, not the drastic ones (usually). Just keep making the little choices. :)
l

Yeah, we got an email today that was titled, "cake and coffee in the lounge". Cake isn't in my plan, but every time I looked at my inbox, there it was, staring at me. So I did the only logical thing...I deleted the email and amazingly, cake went out of my brain about 5 seconds later and hasn't resurfaced until I read this about the little things.

Keep up this great overall trend, Amanda, of making good food decisions and you'll get there! :)

hgjohnston 01-11-2012 12:33 AM

You are doing great Amanda!! Turning down all those temptations and bringing your own food, very impressive!

Good luck with night shift. I was a shift worker up until 7 months ago and can totally relate. I didn't mind working them it was in between on the stretches off that I was a total zombie and just miserable to be around. Black out blinds are the best!

Again great job on all the food choices while you were away.