PDA

View Full Version : How to take your photos

Craig Ballantyne
08-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Here's a little video Bally the dog filmed for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofJ8mhZBvgE

pattisue
04-28-2010, 10:31 PM
May I take my photo myself from a reflection in a full length mirror? I cannot bare to have someone take a photo of my 59 year old self. It is what has stopped me dead in my tracks from joing one of your contests. Would really like to try to do this one coming up just to say "I did it!" But the photo thing has me paralized! Nevermind the fact that IF you said taking a photo of myself in the mirror was okay then how do I get it to you. I am so teckie challenged. I have a phone camera but have NO IDEA how to send it to TT. Do you guys have folks that could walk me through this?

Craig Ballantyne
04-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, thats fine.

Also, you don't need to send the photos in until the end of hte contest. When you are ready, just email them to info@turbulencetraining.com or support@turbulencetraining.com

May I take my photo myself from a reflection in a full length mirror? I cannot bare to have someone take a photo of my 59 year old self. It is what has stopped me dead in my tracks from joing one of your contests. Would really like to try to do this one coming up just to say "I did it!" But the photo thing has me paralized! Nevermind the fact that IF you said taking a photo of myself in the mirror was okay then how do I get it to you. I am so teckie challenged. I have a phone camera but have NO IDEA how to send it to TT. Do you guys have folks that could walk me through this?

kierano
05-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey Pattisue

Most digital cameras come with a timer built in. It should give you 10 seconds to get in front of the lens an breath in (or out)

northpolechick
12-20-2010, 03:04 AM
can we send in a short video instead of several pictures? assuming all requirements are met?

Thanks!

Craig Ballantyne
12-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Hi! No, sorry, pictures are mandatory. Thank you!

can we send in a short video instead of several pictures? assuming all requirements are met?

Thanks!

missrobyn007
12-20-2010, 02:16 PM

Hi Pattisue.

I too take my pic by myself, but have a camera with a 10 sec timer like kierano mentioned. It is kinda awkward and rushed to get in front of it and do a good pose,(the mirror is where the camera is), and I end up taking about 100 pics just to get a few good ones,,, lol,,, but that's just the way it is. I really hope someone can help you with the teckie things,,, usually the staff at any electronics or cell phone shop are only to happy to help. Then you too can join the next contest :) ,,, no excuses ;)

Howell27
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm having my sister take my before and after picture. It is mortifying since both my sisters are in fantastic shape, but I figure it will be worth it if we can see improvement. It is truly forcing me to commit because I am not going through the horror of the before picture without seeing some results! (However if I had a way to do it myself, I probably would! If my camera has a 10 second delay, I can't find it) Oh well, I think the accountability will help me more in the end.

For the techie stuff, find a local computer repair person. Call and ask if they can help you out. Sometimes free, sometimes a small fee, but most can help you out.

rutherfordj2
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Sooooo. Silly me. I took a picture on January 4, 2011 and finally looked at it two days ago (January 16, 2011). I noticed that it was really difficult to tell the date from the "body view", and I had not taken an up-close picture of the paper, with the top headline, which I suppose would help verify the date. I retook a picture on Sunday (January 16, 2011), which is actually one day after the "last day to enter", but I don't think one day will kill me.

Anyway, the main question, do I need to include the zoom-up of the newspaper date when I submit my photos?

If this question was answered in the video, I apologize... I cannot view YouTube from this location! Thanks!

crazycanuck
01-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Sooooo. Silly me. I took a picture on January 4, 2011 and finally looked at it two days ago (January 16, 2011). I noticed that it was really difficult to tell the date from the "body view", and I had not taken an up-close picture of the paper, with the top headline, which I suppose would help verify the date. I retook a picture on Sunday (January 16, 2011), which is actually one day after the "last day to enter", but I don't think one day will kill me.

Anyway, the main question, do I need to include the zoom-up of the newspaper date when I submit my photos?

If this question was answered in the video, I apologize... I cannot view YouTube from this location! Thanks!

I don't know the answer to this, the official rules just say a newspaper shot in each photo, but I myself in my last contest (#4) and this one have always taken a close up shot. Mine didn't turn out so well this time (a bit hard to read the date) and I retook it a few times and couldn't make it look any better and had a difficult time sizing my photos in general in Photoscape this time...could only resize them so big.

I had went and looked at many of the contest's official winners, and not many of them had an actual closeup if at all, so I haven't worried to much about this, although to me the closeup only makes sense.

Tina

tatjanaTT
01-21-2011, 06:40 AM
In TC #8 I didn't include closeup of newspaper, but made it to finalist. Hope it will be ok this time too, because I don't have closeup photo of newspaper.

aliaussie
02-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Does anybody know how to create a side by side shot in the same picture? I"m trying to put my before and half way photos on the one shot?

adamfeinstein
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Does anybody know how to create a side by side shot in the same picture? I"m trying to put my before and half way photos on the one shot?

Photoscape is a great free program that works well. It has a combine function that works perfectly.

aliaussie
02-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for that! I'll give it a try today!

Jsbecs
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Is it alright to blot out my face in the before and after pictures or would that be against the rules? Thanks!

Craig Ballantyne
09-06-2012, 08:28 PM
That is against the rules