PDA

View Full Version : The Adventure Continues....

shawnss711
05-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Day 1 TT #20

My husband took the pictures today. I am officially starting today May 7.

Weight 191 lbs (same weight that I ended #19 with)
Waist 40" (this is different than around my navel the thickest part is higher on me)
Hips 43"
Chest 42"
Shoulders 18"
Thighs 24.5" for both of them (This is slightly different than where I was measuring as well so my numbers are slightly different than last contest. It's good to have a standard to go by)

I am doing TT 2.0 . I decided on intermediate. I did do the push ups from my knees still and I only did 30 seconds instead of 40 seconds on the mountain climbers. I did 40 on the rest of the exercises though. I still have to rebuild my ab strength.

The incisions are not as noticeable as I though they would be. I was right the fat is more embarrassing...

LeslieM
05-07-2014, 02:45 PM
You have nothing to be embarrassed about! You are doing something to improve yourself and others! I'm super proud of you and I'm so happy you're here!!

P.S.I am an atrocious speller(I have to keep a window open when I'm online to check my spelling) I used to always misspell embarrassed because I could never remember if it has 1 or 2 s's. Now I always say, in bare ass to remember! The other parts of the word didn't stump me, just the ass part!

Craig Ballantyne
05-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Awesome, keep on pushing on Shawn!

shawnss711
05-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Thank you, Leslie and Craig

I know I am getting better all the time!

Radz
05-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Awesome Shawn!! Yep, MI! 80 degrees tomorrow! Summer is back!

shawnss711
05-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Awesome Shawn!! Yep, MI! 80 degrees tomorrow! Summer is back!

I think I will ride my bike to work :) It's not supposed to rain

shawnss711
05-08-2014, 05:45 PM
I rode my bike to work today for my off day activity. It was such a beautiful day :)

My legs could feel that I did split squats yesterday :)

It was my first day back to the restaurant. I only ate pulled chicken breast while I was there not any garbage. One of my goals is to not have to work the restaurant next year! The people are great but I just want to do my fitness business only for work!

Looking forward to hitting the weights in the morning.

Shawn

shawnss711
05-09-2014, 08:45 AM
workout done :)

I did my first forearm planks today. I made 35 seconds of the 40. I also did the side planks as well.

Moving along on the modified burpees as well. I took a riser off the step so I was a little closer to the ground almost there!

I did my decline push ups off the stability ball so I could back off easily as needed.

So I managed TT 2.0 Intermediate workout B with minimal modifications. Yay!

LeslieM
05-09-2014, 08:56 AM
workout done :)

I did my first forearm planks today. I made 35 seconds of the 40. I also did the side planks as well.

Moving along on the modified burpees as well. I took a riser off the step so I was a little closer to the ground almost there!

I did my decline push ups off the stability ball so I could back off easily as needed.

So I managed TT 2.0 Intermediate workout B with minimal modifications. Yay!

AWESOME!! Man you are an early bird! I think I'll do some burpees in your honor!(of course all of my burpees are modified!) I probably won't be around much this weekend, so I'll say now,"Have a great weekend!" Oh! Happy Mother's Day!! X 6 (you overachiever!)

shawnss711
05-09-2014, 12:52 PM
AWESOME!! Man you are an early bird! I think I'll do some burpees in your honor!(of course all of my burpees are modified!) I probably won't be around much this weekend, so I'll say now,"Have a great weekend!" Oh! Happy Mother's Day!! X 6 (you overachiever!)

Thank you. I hope you have an awesome Mother's Day weekend :)

It's actually not my idea to be such an early bird LOL I have a client that gets me to the gym that early, so I go ahead and fit it in while I am already there.

mocombes
05-10-2014, 04:16 AM
You're doing great, Shawn! Glad to see you're back at it and feeling good.

shawnss711
05-10-2014, 07:49 AM
You're doing great, Shawn! Glad to see you're back at it and feeling good.

Thank you. I am still only about 75% ish....
I didn't feel any pain but I tired much easier than before. I ended up napping yesterday. I did get up at 4 am, though. I was getting up at 4 am on a regular basis before surgery but after I have been sleeping in more.

mocombes
05-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Oh, boy. I'm no stranger to the 4 am awakenings... Take that nap, you need it to heal!

75% is good; you're on your way :)

pageboy9
05-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Hooray for modifications: they let us do the most challenging exercises safely.

Best of luck and success on this round of your transformation.

shawnss711
05-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Thank you, Maureen and Catherine.

I do nap when I need to. Especially when I get up early :)
Modifications are great! I am looking forward to continued progress :)
Shawn

shawnss711
05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
TT 2.0 Intermediate Workout C Done!

I was pleasantly surprised at my progress this morning. I did the T push ups. I have been doing my push ups on my knees but I was on my toes for the T push ups. I also did the renegade rows as well. I was a bit rusty on the jump rope...I am not the most coordinated person but I did improve as the set rolled on.

I worked up a great sweat!

Mike Whitfield
05-12-2014, 12:11 PM
TT 2.0 Intermediate Workout C Done!

I was pleasantly surprised at my progress this morning. I did the T push ups. I have been doing my push ups on my knees but I was on my toes for the T push ups. I also did the renegade rows as well. I was a bit rusty on the jump rope...I am not the most coordinated person but I did improve as the set rolled on.

Nice work! Jumping Rope is like riding a bike. Keep practicing and you'll nail it.

shawnss711
05-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Today is Day 7
Not a whole lot to report this early in the day. I have a few errands to run this morning. I am thinking on using the bike. It is supposed to rain a few hours but it looks beautiful right now.

Both errands are within a couple of miles... Yeah, I am gonna chance getting rained on.

A little bike ride for an off day activity sounds great. I do enjoy walking but my impatience likes riding a bike better because I get there twice as fast :) I enjoy my bike. I have a need for speed and I am not a runner.

LeslieM
05-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Today is Day 7
Not a whole lot to report this early in the day. I have a few errands to run this morning. I am thinking on using the bike. It is supposed to rain a few hours but it looks beautiful right now.

Both errands are within a couple of miles... Yeah, I am gonna chance getting rained on.

A little bike ride for an off day activity sounds great. I do enjoy walking but my impatience likes riding a bike better because I get there twice as fast :) I enjoy my bike. I have a need for speed and I am not a runner.

I have my daughter's bike for the summer and I'm excited to use it. The only issue around here, is trying to not get run over by a redneck!

shawnss711
05-14-2014, 08:26 AM
I have my daughter's bike for the summer and I'm excited to use it. The only issue around here, is trying to not get run over by a redneck!

I use the sidewalks for the most part. It is crazy. A lot of drivers don't even yield in the crosswalk for bikes. Two intersections in particular are worse I can always count on drivers not letting me cross when the pedestrian light says I can.It irritates me... I will be thinking to my self....."Thank you...Sarcastically" I am nice by nature but once in awhile I will catch eye contact with the driver and say Thank you in a very sarcastic tone out loud.... Or shake my head in disbelief.

Riding a bike has made me a more alert driver.

shawnss711
05-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Workout done. I didn't make it to the gym this morning but I did workout this morning at home after I got the boys off to school. I used 10 and 15 lb dumbells for my sets. At home I am limited because I only have up to 20 pound DB's and no bench.

TT 2.0 intermediate workout A
Because I do not have a bench at home, I modified and did the chest press using my stability ball as a bench. I know it isn't ideal but I improvised because I am not lifting real heavy yet. I was stable using 15 pound dumbells.

My mountain climbers improved. I made the full 40 seconds on the first 2 sets and about 35 seconds on the last set.

I have a side goal of doing regular burpees no pushup before summit. One step closer today I used only a 4 inch step for my hands today.

Lots going on. I still am trying to convince the hubby into investing an extra day while I am at the summit for the functional aging certification. I am convinced it is a great investment of my time. I am so impatient I just want to book the flight and find a room for the 4th. The event hotel had rooms for the 5th -8th (I reserved those dates) but not for the 4th which is when I would want to arrive so I am ready for the certification on the 5th.

I did talk my husband into letting me purchase a Pilates Reformer. This is not a whim....purchase. I have been through a 90 hour Stott Pilates course Comprehensive Mat and Reformer. I have had this on my business goal list for close to a year.
I took the training in 2011 but never had a reformer so I couldn't utilize it in my business. Last year I decided I needed to get one to fully utilize the training I have already had. Goal accomplished! What a great feeling! I bought it used from the studio where I took my training. They take great care of their equipment. I only paid a fraction of the cost of new.
I am so pumped to get back into reformer training!

mocombes
05-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Shawn, I just sent you a PM that might help with this.

shawnss711
05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Workout Done for the day. TT 2.0 intermediate work out B
I am only doing plank not the body saw. I did about 15 second or so of the body saw and just held plank for the remainder of the 40 seconds. Decline push ups on the stability ball ( I walked out a bit further today but had to back off before the set was finished)

Back up to 20 pound DB rows :)

And I did burpees without a step for my hands... They were at a slower pace than my normal but I did them!

LeslieM
05-16-2014, 10:53 AM
20 # dumbbell rows!! Holy cow woman! Just kidding, but seriously I can't do heavier than 15 on the rows and even that is too much sometimes. I never injured myself, but my right elbow feels like it's going to snap if i do too heavy.

I like the workout c from the intermediate. As to the body saws, I don't think I'm brave enough to do those in public!! Hope you have a great weekend. Leslie

shawnss711
05-16-2014, 12:37 PM
20 # dumbbell rows!! Holy cow woman! Just kidding, but seriously I can't do heavier than 15 on the rows and even that is too much sometimes. I never injured myself, but my right elbow feels like it's going to snap if i do too heavy.

I like the workout c from the intermediate. As to the body saws, I don't think I'm brave enough to do those in public!! Hope you have a great weekend. Leslie

I can't do much heavier than 25. It isn't because I injured MYSELF but my ex-husband used to twist my left wrist. Anything over 25 stresses my left wrist grip wise.I can go a bit heavier on seated rows. Some days I can do T-push ups and other days my left wrist doesn't like them but I respect those days and back off when needed.

shawnss711
05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
I must admit my diet has been horrific the last 2 weeks.
I did great after surgery (prepping all those slow cooker meals kept me eating on track easily)
I was having a lot of pain associated with eating right after so I wasn't eating a whole lot of calories but when my system started to let me eat again....I ate! I didn't eat 100% bad. I love fresh fruits and vegetable and lean meats. But I was taking in way too many calories.

I just have not been cooking and prepping meals for my success. I have been too relaxed on the diet end. Eating out a lot because I didn't feel like cooking....

With all that said I figured I needed to come up with a plan. I made a menu plan and grocery list. I did the grocery shopping before work yesterday. Today I am prepping and baking!

I will have success! I was allowing for excuses....
No excuses....
Only results!
Shawn

Radz
05-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Yes!! No excuses!!!! And congrats on your new reformer! Good stuff!!!

LeslieM
05-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Meal Planning-I've been compiling some recipes for paleo-ish once a month cooking. I don't really like to cook, so I thought I'd give that a try so I don't have to think about it so often! I'm not necessarily eating paleo, but find it's a good starting point. I can easily add in the non-paleo things that I allow myself like beans and CHEESE!! Hope you have a great weekend! Is the weather nice now? When we lived in MN, spring, when it finally came, was spectacular. Lilac bushes became my favorite! Leslie

shawnss711
05-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Meal Planning-I've been compiling some recipes for paleo-ish once a month cooking. I don't really like to cook, so I thought I'd give that a try so I don't have to think about it so often! I'm not necessarily eating paleo, but find it's a good starting point. I can easily add in the non-paleo things that I allow myself like beans and CHEESE!! Hope you have a great weekend! Is the weather nice now? When we lived in MN, spring, when it finally came, was spectacular. Lilac bushes became my favorite! Leslie

I like paleo but am not strict because I eat cheese and white potatoes (not everyday but 1 or 2 x weekly). I eat beans occasionally as well. Sadly I just burned up the motor in my blender making home made mayo....

Meal planning is the best! Saves a lot of unplanned eating.

shawnss711
05-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Workout done. TT 2.0 intermediate workout c

Eating over the weekend was better but not perfect.
I was in Lapeer Saturday. My brother had a dedication for his baby boy and had a BBQ afterwards at his house. I did well I didn't wrap my burger in gluten... and I had extra veggies no dip, fresh fruit and only a sliver of cake.

Getting extra excited for TT Summit...just over 2 weeks away!

LeslieM
05-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Nice work on the improved eating! I had some gluten on Saturday, because I allowed myself to get too hungry and it was chocolate cake with vanilla and chocolate mousse. No real ill effects that I could notice, but it won't be happening again!

shawnss711
05-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Nice work on the improved eating! I had some gluten on Saturday, because I allowed myself to get too hungry and it was chocolate cake with vanilla and chocolate mousse. No real ill effects that I could notice, but it won't be happening again!

Thank you, Leslie.

shawnss711
05-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Workout done
I felt a little weak today on the push ups and mountain climbers. I didn't do any push ups from the toes and didn't make the full 40 seconds on the mountain climber sets on the second and third sets. I do however feel it was because I am tired this morning. Monday evening I stayed the night at my sister's house so I could ride up north with my niece to be there for my mom.
I didn't sleep well(not being in my own bed) and we had to get up early to go to the hospital.
My mom has been having neck issues and needed a vertebral fusion in C-3,4,6. She is not as strong as she used to be. My niece and I stayed as long as we could for visitation and I didn't get home until 11 pm. I did sleep better last night in my own bed but had to get up early to work with one of my clients. I am thinking on a nap... and it's only just after 8 am LOL

I am emotionally drained,too. I hate to see my mom in that condition. She has always been the type to take care of everyone else. It hurts to see her so frail. It was touch and go after surgery. Her Blood pressure kept getting real low and even with oxygen her blood oxygen was low.I was scared and still am but had to get back home for my family. She was doing better by the time I left the hospital but I am still concerned. My step dad has his own health issues so it will be a challenge at home. My niece and I would like to get her down here so we can help with her care until she is better. She will have to wear a neck brace for at least 3 months.

I did pack a cooler bag of healthy snacks. I only ate 1 meal at the hospital. It was their healthy option. We ate 1 meal at a restaurant as well. Not as healthy of an option but portion controlled. I did great on defeating my past eating patterns in this stressful situation.
Not perfect but it was a step in the right direction. In the past I would have got fast food on the way, overate and stress eat etc.

Shawn

mocombes
05-22-2014, 02:35 AM
Workout done. I did great on defeating my past eating patterns in this stressful situation.
Not perfect but it was a step in the right direction. In the past I would have got fast food on the way, overate and stress eat etc.

Shawn

It's a lot tougher to stick with your goals when the outside stressors start piling on, but you're doing great! Be proud of yourself and keep at it. You're worth it!

shawnss711
05-22-2014, 08:24 AM
It's a lot tougher to stick with your goals when the outside stressors start piling on, but you're doing great! Be proud of yourself and keep at it. You're worth it!

Thank you, Maureen. I will keep at it. It just takes time to reprogram my habits but I am getting there :)

shawnss711
05-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Workout done!
I was a bit stronger on todays TT 2.0 Intermediate workout B
I had a little more rest but not as refreshed as I should be.

I have decided I really want to quit my restaurant job. I enjoy the people. The bosses are great and the coworkers are nice but it just isn't my passion... I love to cook but in the restaurant setting it is stressful. I was so stressed yesterday.... I have to come up with a ditch my day job plan and do it! I was totally exhausted yesterday and I only worked 4 hours. I can work 4 hours at home without the stress and I am not exhausted afterwards.

I am only making about $300 a month from it. 3 boot camp clients....That's it! If I can get 3 more regular campers... I need to get the boot camp in the park going as soon as I return from San Diego. I have been training a couple of clients but I need to get enough people on board to get a space by fall!

I did terrible yesterday at the restaurant. I was so stressed. I stress ate. I am fasting at least a few more hours this morning.

I am going to work on my vision board after I finish my post. My business vision has lacked clarity. I need to focus in and make it happen!

Shawn

Craig Ballantyne
05-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Stay strong, Shawn.

Here's what I want you to do.

1) Sit down and write out the vision for your family, life, and business. Watch this video for help: www.ANewAmericanDream.com

2) Be clear, concise, and specific.

3) Set 3 short-term (30-day) and 3 long-term (90 day) goals that are process oriented, not just outcome oriented.

Process-oriented goals means:
I will call 3 prospective local business joint venture companies each week.

Outcome-oriented goals means:
I will have 10 new clients.

We focus on process goals because those are the things within our control.

4) Make a list of all the trainers you need to connect with at the TT Summit.

5) Make a list of all the questions you have for each of them.

6) Make a note of how you can add value to THEIR lives, too. Maybe you can connect them to someone...maybe you can refer a friend to their online program...maybe you can take them a book they will love...maybe you can take them a Thank You card for a tip that you learned from them in the past. Any little thing will do. It's the though that counts.

7) Bring the positive energy.

Surround yourself with people who are better than you…they will bring out the best in you. Keep letting (positive) people know about your ambitions, and they WILL go out of their way to help you. Trust me. And stay strong.

If you take these steps you will get 100x's the value of your TT Summit travel investment.

I really appreciate you being there and being part of the TT family.

You should make an extra effort to connect with Brian and see if there is some mentoring he might be able to provide.

Thank you Shawn, and stay strong, and keep on pushing on.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

shawnss711
05-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Thank You, Craig.

I will get on that list!

Craig Ballantyne
05-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Looking forward to hearing your success story after the summit.

shawnss711
05-25-2014, 10:27 AM
My son is home on leave :)
He stayed in one of our spare beds last night. He is still asleep. He was exhausted after driving all the way from Georgia. I am looking forward to the visit. These next few weeks will be a whirlwind...In a good way!

My grandson turns 4 on June 3rd. I get to spend some time with them before I jump on the plane June 4th to go to the TT Summit.

On a business note I am looking for a small spot to put a store front by fall. I want to start offering private reformer training and have a spot for indoor camps. I am going to look at a space that has been empty for some time. They told me over the phone they are already ready to negotiate.... We shall see. I am looking at the space on Tuesday morning.

So these next few week will be great!

Shawn

LeslieM
05-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Will you be renting a car while you're in San Diego? It's a fun town to explore. La Jolla is a beautiful area(where Dr. Suess lived). I think the people of San Diego are so much friendlier than LA or where we were in the San Francisco Bay Area. I told my kids, they are Texas friendly here! What's not to love though. It's beautiful and the weather is perfect.(although the Pacific ocean is FUH-REEZING!) Have fun!

shawnss711
05-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Will you be renting a car while you're in San Diego? It's a fun town to explore. La Jolla is a beautiful area(where Dr. Suess lived). I think the people of San Diego are so much friendlier than LA or where we were in the San Francisco Bay Area. I told my kids, they are Texas friendly here! What's not to love though. It's beautiful and the weather is perfect.(although the Pacific ocean is FUH-REEZING!) Have fun!

I decided not to rent a car. I can catch a cab from the airport.
I am sure it will be great!!! I am excited to have the opportunity to go!
I have not been further west than Chicago so I am looking forward to seeing the Pacific ocean.

Craig Ballantyne
05-27-2014, 12:02 PM
The entire weekend will be an experience you'll never forget!

shawnss711
05-27-2014, 04:13 PM
The entire weekend will be an experience you'll never forget!

I printed off my homework. I am almost done with it. Working on the business vision and goals before personal. I have the 30 and 90 day goals written. I am almost done with the vision statement.
I am looking forward to the TT Summit! A week from tomorrow I will be on that plane!

shawnss711
05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
This week I messed up on my workout schedule.
I did workout today. I did a KB/BW workout. The plan is for BW conditioning tomorrow and hopefully a bike ride.

Eating: I am easing back into fasting. I fasted until noon both Tuesday and Wednesday. 16 hours each day from dinner until noon.

On a business note: I looked at the space for rent. It needs lots of cleaning and painting but other than that is open space for training. They are willing to negotiate so I will see how low I can get them... My Pilates reformer is ready for pick up. I have to go to Detroit to pick it up this weekend. I am looking forward to brushing up on my Pilates training.

I had dinner with my oldest son and his wife last night. My boy is driving me to the airport when I fly out to San Diego next week.

That's it for now...

shawnss711
05-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Workout: Check A body weight variety of 4 min sets including burpees,close grip push ups, spiderman climb, jump squats and more. This is kind of a transition week. I don't want to start a new program until I get back from San Diego. I will continue with trying to increase my stamina... Not sure if I'm ready for those TT Summit workouts but I know I can modify if needed. I am glad I opted for surgery in April because I had a bit of time to heal.

Annual IEP: Check I just got back from the annual education plan meeting for my youngest son.
We are trying to come up with solutions to make him more successful in school. Yikes, he is a challenge. All the teachers say he is such a pleasure to have in class when he is on task...Sadly there is no in between. He is an on task model student or on the floor refusing to work...melting down.

Eating: I am still not planning in advance the way I should be. I am doing ok on portion control but not planning enough in advance. Some good points this week. I have had salmon,chicken, vegetable omelets, and plenty of fresh produce. I have had plenty of water. I have been about 75% compliant with how I should be eating.

shawnss711
06-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Monday morning workout done
I did a KB and BW fusion. It was a great sweat! Kb swings and halo's. push ups, mountain climbers etc!
The final set was 16 rounds of 20/10
Total Body extensions (2 rounds)
Burpees(2 rounds)
Push ups (2 rounds)
Mountain Climbers (2 rounds)
Punisher squats (8 rounds)

That was great!

Craig Ballantyne
06-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Great stuff, keep on working to step it up and live by example.

That is what we must do.

Live by example for our clients.

It is our responsibility.

Stay strong!

LeslieM
06-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Monday morning workout done
I did a KB and BW fusion. It was a great sweat! Kb swings and halo's. push ups, mountain climbers etc!
The final set was 16 rounds of 20/10
Total Body extensions (2 rounds)
Burpees(2 rounds)
Push ups (2 rounds)
Mountain Climbers (2 rounds)
Punisher squats (8 rounds)

That was great!

I had to look up the halo. What does that exercise work?

shawnss711
06-02-2014, 02:21 PM
I had to look up the halo. What does that exercise work?

Core, shoulders,upper body flexibility. Arms,chest and trapezius.
I love kettlebells,they are so versatile. They hit so many different muscles and flexibility,too.

shawnss711
06-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Busy,busy,busy...
I am getting ready for my trip to San Diego!!!
Plus I have a lot going on today with the family. Today is my grandson's birthday.
So here is what the day looks like...
8:30 gym
9:30 appointment to get haircut and touch up the gray
12:00 visit with my son, daughter in-law and grandson at the park
3:00 pm training a client
6:00 pm Birthday Party for my grandson

and on top of all that I have to finish packing and get to the grocery store so the family can survive without me lol. My husband just so happened to conveniently finish another job so he has the time off to be with the boys while I am in San Diego. The school has been told to contact Dad not Mom for this week. So I should relax and let the hubby handle things.

I am excited though!!!

RobB
06-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Have a great time.......Don't let Craig and his crew "expose" any of that gray hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

mocombes
06-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Have a great time.......Don't let Craig and his crew "expose" any of that gray hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LOL! Well, I can be the poster child for gray hair, as mine is all there. No "exposing" needed! :)

shawnss711
06-05-2014, 08:14 AM
LOL! Well, I can be the poster child for gray hair, as mine is all there. No "exposing" needed! :)

There will come a time when I give up on covering it....but not yet ;)

Thank You, Rob. I will have a great time!

shawnss711
06-05-2014, 08:43 AM
I did not make it to the gym on Tuesday but I did climb the playscape and slide down slides with my grandson. I did a little workout with a client. Some jump squats, push ups and kb swings.

Wednesday I did a mostly bodyweight workout and a few rounds of KB swings. Bright and early and then my son, daughter in-law, and grandson came over and we went out to breakfast. I was so busy the day before with my family I didn't end up packing until yesterday morning!
I enjoyed the visit though :)

I enjoyed the plane except for the length of the flight. This is only the second plane trip I have taken. I flew to Florida for a fitness conference in November 2010. That was short in comparison. I don't like sitting still for that long. I did get some very nice pictures above the clouds. I am sure the people who fly on a regular basis were not as impressed as I was. I felt really bad for a passenger that had a seizure while in flight. We did have a couple doctors on board who made the call that we didn't have to make an emergency landing. I am just glad all was well in the end.

I am in San Diego. My brain is still on Eastern Standard Time lol. I was going to try to sleep until at least 5 am PST but I woke at 3:30 am PST and couldn't go back to sleep. My laptop says it's 7:42....

RobB
06-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I did not make it to the gym on Tuesday but I did climb the playscape and slide down slides with my grandson. I did a little workout with a client. Some jump squats, push ups and kb swings.

Wednesday I did a mostly bodyweight workout and a few rounds of KB swings. Bright and early and then my son, daughter in-law, and grandson came over and we went out to breakfast. I was so busy the day before with my family I didn't end up packing until yesterday morning!
I enjoyed the visit though :)

I enjoyed the plane except for the length of the flight. This is only the second plane trip I have taken. I flew to Florida for a fitness conference in November 2010. That was short in comparison. I don't like sitting still for that long. I did get some very nice pictures above the clouds. I am sure the people who fly on a regular basis were not as impressed as I was. I felt really bad for a passenger that had a seizure while in flight. We did have a couple doctors on board who made the call that we didn't have to make an emergency landing. I am just glad all was well in the end.

I am in San Diego. My brain is still on Eastern Standard Time lol. I was going to try to sleep until at least 5 am PST but I woke at 3:30 am PST and couldn't go back to sleep. My laptop says it's 7:42....

Have fun shawnss711!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

shawnss711
06-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Have fun shawnss711!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Thank you, Rob. You can call me Shawn. I ended up having to use letters and numbers on a log in and it just stuck....I use that or a variation of it often.
Shawn

shawnss711
06-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Breakfast this morning was a modified omelet. I do this often... I added spinach,avocado and salsa to the veggie omelet.It was so good :D I was a little afraid of the reviews about greasy omelets but mine was great! They put plenty of fresh spinach. A lot of restaurants don't add that much when you ask. They put tons! Well not literally LOL.

I am just waiting for my cab to the other hotel :) The Functional Aging Institute training is at 9

I am super pumped for both the training and the TT Summit!!!

concetta27
06-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Shawn, enjoy your time with Craig and "the gang". Looking forward to updates from all of the attendees. Concetta

RobB
06-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Hope you had a good time!!!!;)

shawnss711
06-10-2014, 12:23 PM
The TT Summit was amazing!!! I can't wait to start implementing some of the ideas.
I will be starting a business thread in the green tea chat zone.

I am super pumped for the future!

Craig Ballantyne
06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Great to hear, thanks Shawn.

shawnss711
06-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Workout done
I did Bodyweight Torch workout B
I will start a new program next week still debating on which one.

Today I am reflecting on the last 15 years of my life. It was 15 years ago that I went out on the first date with my husband. Life changed a lot for me on June 11,1999. I took a big leap of faith that night. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I returned from San Diego. He joked with me about buying new dishes because they ran out....I get there and he had the dishes done.

Shawn

Craig Ballantyne
06-11-2014, 09:43 AM
great milestone!

shawnss711
06-11-2014, 11:26 PM
great milestone!

Thank you, Craig. There is a whole lot more to that 6/11/99 story. One day I will write a bit more on it. I have it started but it's not an essay it's more like a book....

shawnss711
06-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Workout this morning done
I did the C workout of Body Weight Torch
That finisher was brutal...Mikey!

I am going to be starting a new program on Monday. I am still undecided. I am gaining strength but only at about 90% compared to before surgery. My core strength was most affected. My stamina was second. Tomorrow is only 2 month post surgery. I am doing great but just ready to be 100%

shawnss711
06-16-2014, 09:49 AM
I decided on the TT Carve Your Curves
Work out A done
I did 3 sets of the first circuit and had to cut back to 2 instead of 3 sets on the last two circuits. It was a time factor. It was still a serious workout :) I did some major sweating!

I did the push ups from my toes and the ones on the ball I challenged myself on. I had to back off a slight bit in the second set.

I am going to be posting more dietary stuff. To simplify I will put it here with my contest posts.
I need to put it in writing... and I need the accountability! If I make myself post it I will think harder before making choices. I do love nutritious food but I have not been very careful this round of the contest. Tomorrow I will post everything I ate today!
Shawn

shawnss711
06-17-2014, 09:53 AM
So here it is the good,the bad and the ugly.....
My food log from yesterday. Overall calories 1300. I am satisfied with caloric intake but I did not eat as clean as I wanted.

Meal 1
fresh fruit (mixed pineapple,canteloupe,honey dew, strawberries and grapes)
eggs,cheddar,bacon,spinach,roasted tomatoes in a whole wheat wrap. (I ate approx half of the wrap and all of the filling)

Meal 2
1/2 grilled cheese sandwich
handful of pistachios

Meal 3
Chicken breast
Brussels sprouts
sauteed cabbage,carrot,zucchini and yellow squash mix
garden salad (no cheese,no crutons, no dressing)

and I had at least 4 quarts of water yesterday.

My goal is to cut back on the wheat. And to go back to my only 2 treat meals a week. Saturday evening and Sunday morning breakfast.

I will continue to put diet into writing to make myself more accountable.

So far today around 64 oz of water and 3 cups coffee. It's currently 13.5 hours since last meal. I am also going to stick with the goal of no less than 12 hours between evening meal and breaking the fast.

mocombes
06-18-2014, 04:52 AM
I decided on the TT Carve Your Curves
Work out A done
I did 3 sets of the first circuit and had to cut back to 2 instead of 3 sets on the last two circuits. It was a time factor. It was still a serious workout :) I did some major sweating!

I did the push ups from my toes and the ones on the ball I challenged myself on. I had to back off a slight bit in the second set.

Shawn, I just did this one for the first time yesterday and it was a doozy! I can feel those curves coming on already :) I don't blame you one bit for cutting back. Be sure you heal up right!

shawnss711
06-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Shawn, I just did this one for the first time yesterday and it was a doozy! I can feel those curves coming on already :) I don't blame you one bit for cutting back. Be sure you heal up right!

Great workout, though :)
I am almost there, Maureen.
The biggest reason for the cut back was time. The Carve your Curves seem to take a bit longer to get through.

shawnss711
06-18-2014, 10:07 AM
TT Carve Your Curves monster workout B almost done. I did the monster circuit 4 times and ran out of time.I can't complete the full workout in less than an hour. I only have 45 min in the morning. I will be doing the second circuit later today in the afternoon. I could barely see by the time I was done...all the sweat stinging my eyes :) I should have had a towel handy! I'll remember that next time.

I am really enjoying this program so far. I have been using this one with one of my other clients and she would usually do push ups from her knees. On the toughest push up I had her go to her toes and hold top when she couldn't do anymore. Yesterday she did the full 30 seconds on her toes for 2 of the rounds! I told her how impressed I was with her push up progress. She was pretty impressed herself. She didn't think she would ever get to that point!

In holding up with my posting my food log... yesterday's food log

Meal 1 Vegetable omelet (broccoli,spinach,mushrooms,onion,tomatoes,green pepper) 1/2 feta 1/2 cheddar cheese in it

meal 2 8oz ground sirloin

meal 3 Mediterranean salad with salmon ( romaine,sun dried tomatoes,kalamata olives, red onion, roasted red pepper, feta) dressing on side (lemon vinaigrette) used very little dressing

and the slip up that is not taking me closer to my goals (2 hazelnut stouts)
The stouts pack a huge calorie content. While I did not go over my daily calorie allotment I wasn't under!

I realize some fit pros don't think you shouldn't have to count calories. I don't know what it is with me but personally I find it helps keep me on track.

I did fit in a bike ride yesterday.

shawnss711
06-19-2014, 08:37 AM
My food log from yesterday:
Meal 1 10:00 am
philly omelet
side of tomato slices (instead of potatoes)

Meal 2 2pm
A salad with:
50/50 organic spring mix and spinach
grilled chicken breast
hard boiled egg
organic red pepper
1/4 avocado
celery
tomato
No dressing

I fasted the rest of the day. I am still fasting. I will break the fast before noon. I work at the restaurant at noon and would rather end before not during or after work.

Yesterday was much more on pace for me. No bread, no alcohol.

I am planning on doing a burpee tabata to see how many I can fit in.
and because I didn't ever finish the ab set yesterday I will do that before my burpees :)

I came up with this idea this morning...
Happy "Burpee" Day to me...
In honor of my 46th birthday this coming Wednesday I will do 46 Burpees (no push up)

here's the kicker.... My goal for next year is to do 47 (with the push up)!

I had better get off the computer and to my burpees ;)
Shawn

shawnss711
06-19-2014, 10:12 AM
I have stairs in my house so I did the stairs a few times for warm up

Then I did the ab set from the monster workout (the one I didn't do yesterday) x2
I do not have a TRX yet...
so I modifed the TRX or Stability ball mountain climber. I couldn't stabilize with my feet on the stability ball so I put my elbows on the ball and did the mountain climbers there.

and as for the burpee tabata...
I did 50 without the push up so the 46 on Wednesday should be a piece of cake (no not literally). It's my birthday and I won't be baking a cake!

I am now off to freshen up and get breakfast :)

concetta27
06-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Congrats on the burpees, that's a huge number.
Early Happy Birthday to you. Burpees, the new birthday treat!!!
Concetta

shawnss711
06-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Congrats on the burpees, that's a huge number.
Early Happy Birthday to you. Burpees, the new birthday treat!!!
Concetta

Thank you, Concetta. I tried to get as many as I could :)
I was drenched and breathing heavy but it was a great feeling! I love those 4 minute sets.

shawnss711
06-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Meal 1 10:30 am (after 18.5 hour fast)
I call this one Cilantro Scramble:
2 eggs
red pepper
spinach
cilantro
topped with avocado and a little cheddar (1/2 serving of extra sharp to get more flavor with less cheese)
3 slices applewood smoked baon
fresh fruit (strawberries,melon and pineapple)

Meal 2 3 pm
chicken breast 6 oz
brisket 3 oz

meal 3 8 pm
Dinner out
chicken breast with a side chimichurri sauce (probably spelled wrong...)
a sample bite of my husbands salmon, a sample bite of his mashed sweet potatoes
kraut (a housemade kraut with apples and thyme) very tasty
farro fried rice (It uses farro instead of rice and has egg,peas,carrot,red onion, cubanelle peppers in it)

1 CEO stout pint (chocolate,expresso, oatmeal is what CEO stands for) it was for dessert

I had a long day and didn't feel like cooking. After working 12-4 at the restaurant I came home and then trained 2 clients. One at my home and one at her house. I didn't finish up until 7:15. I do notice I am more tempted for alcohol on my dinners out. I need to stick with my plan of putting something in the slow cooker before I leave the house on Thursdays. It will be done when I get home. I just don't feel like cooking after being in the kitchen at work. Commercial cooking is the pits.... about 90 degrees F in there this time of year. The trips to the walk in cooler are nice...

No excuses next Thursday I will plan a slow cooker meal for the family. I do have a planned cheat day on(Wednesday) my birthday . So I will be fasting on Thursday. I can eat the left overs on Friday.

concetta27
06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Great planning Shawn! Keep at it. Concetta

shawnss711
06-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Great planning Shawn! Keep at it. Concetta

Thanks, Concetta.
I have Thursdays slow cooker meal planned this week :)

shawnss711
06-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Workout done CYC workout c
I also took a bike ride this morning about 20 minutes. It is supposed to rain this afternoon so I figured I would take advantage of the beautiful weather while it was here.

I decided instead of posting the meals a day after the fact I will update this post as needed.

Meal 1
3 egg vegetable omelet
tomato slices

Meal 2
fresh fruit
1 serving almonds

Meal 3
meat loaf muffins (extra lean Ground beef, spinach, zucchini,carrots, spices,egg and quinoa) I make theses and put them into muffin tins so they are portion controlled. Because they are full of lean protein and veggies I eat 2 for a serving.
steamed broccoli (1 cup)

meal 4
baked salmon
steamed asparagus
rainbow chard sauteed in coconut oil

that's the updated food log for the day. I also drank lot's of water today.

Craig Ballantyne
06-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Really great, keep it up. I'm sure the accountability is helping big time!

shawnss711
06-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Really great, keep it up. I'm sure the accountability is helping big time!

It does help :)

Today's meals:
Meal 1 7:30 am
Protein shake chocolate Bio Trust with peanut butter, flax seeds, ice and water

Meal 2 12:30 pm
Greek burger (extra lean ground beef,red pepper,olives,feta)
1/4 avocado
cucumber slices

Meal 3
Chicken breast
Broccoli and red pepper (steamed)
Baked sweet potato (half)
organic butter on potato

Today's agenda filled with business stuff...
Networking meeting at the chamber of commerce and finalize planning for the kid's fair.My client is going out of town for the next week and a half so I will be writing her a travel plan. I am also going shopping for a few odds and ends I didn't get when I went to the grocery store. The store I shopped at was out of organic spinach so I must return....

I am hoping the weather holds out to ride my bike a bit today. I did not ride my bike. By the time the weather cleared I was busy with other stuff. I prepped a bunch of veggies for meals. And sent an email to Robin with my proposed agenda for the kids health fair.

shawnss711
06-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Workout done early CYC workout A

My Birthday Burpee Tabata (I did not get 50 like last time....I did however get 46)

My goal was 46 and I made it!

I was very tired this morning but pushed through anyways. My legs were tired from the goblet squats and Vulgarian's! I went to bed very late last night. I started to take my test online for the Functional Aging Specialist and once you start you cannot save and come back to it. So I was committed to taking it! I passed with an 87% . 80 was required of me. So I finished the test shortly after midnight. I had to get up at 5:30 this morning. I ended up only getting 4.5 hours sleep. I am sure that is why my performance suffered so much this morning. Lack of sleep!

Today is my birthday. I am calling this an official cheat day.

Mike Whitfield
06-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Happy birthday!

mocombes
06-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Happy Birthday, Shawn--and great job on all those burpees, ESPECIALLY after CRC and being sleep-deprived!

concetta27
06-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Great birthday wishes to you Shawn!!!
Concetta

shawnss711
06-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone :)

Yes, Maureen the legs were very tired!

mocombes
06-26-2014, 02:02 PM
I forgot to congratulate you on passing your CAS exam. Woohoo! Way to go!

shawnss711
06-26-2014, 07:52 PM
I forgot to congratulate you on passing your CAS exam. Woohoo! Way to go!
Thank you! I still feel as though I have a lot more studying to do. Lots of material to learn.

shawnss711
06-26-2014, 08:44 PM
My husband set up an appointment for acupuncture without telling me. He wanted me to try it for my chronic constipation. So I had an acupuncture session yesterday. We shall see. I am going to try it for a month and see what happens. I like the idea of holistic treatment. The hardest part of the treatment was to quiet my mind. after she had the needles in she told me to relax and breathe. She instructed me not to think of my to do list. To use the treatment as meditation time.

Food for today.I only fasted until 11:45 am I wanted to eat before going into work.

Meal 1 11:45 am
Egg meal from metabolic cooking ebook

Meal 2 3:00
chicken breast

( I pulled 35 pound of chicken at work today. That was the weight after I had it off the bone! )

Meal 3 6:30 pm
Crockpot roast beef,carrot,cabbage, and parsnip

I am going to bed early tonight. I had two low sleep days in a row...

I'll update better tomorrow. I am fading....

shawnss711
06-27-2014, 09:32 AM
What a great last few days :)
I am always so grateful of the people in my life!

This morning. Workout done. Yesterday I rode my bike to work. So I got in a little over 3 miles yesterday. I was going to ride to the bank but left a few minutes late and had to meet a client after work so I didn't have time for the longer bike ride to the bank.
I went to bed at 8 pm last night. Sleep is good. I am still a little tired this morning but much more rested than the last two days.

I will post food log later as I actually eat. I haven't eaten yet today.

Meal 1 11:00 am
fresh fruit mix
loaded scrambles (2 eggs,artichoke,spinach,red pepper and a little cheddar)
2 slices bacon

Meal 2 2:45 pm
left over roast beef
carrots and parsnips

shawnss711
06-30-2014, 09:36 PM
I didn't get in a TT workout today. But I worked for hours cleaning at the new studio. It was nasty. The roofers didn't clean up there tar mess from a roofing problem that has been fixed.

I just finished up dinner. Salmon and Broccoli with pine nuts. I had some other veggies I had in the fridge as well (chard,broccoli and red pepper mix).

LeslieM
07-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Hi Shawn. It looks like I'll get to finish the contest with y'all after all!(thanks to Craig's generous contest on facebook) I think I caught up on your thread. I like that you are posting your meals. I'll have to get back to that too. It causes me to be more creative knowing I have to tell all of you what I ate. I'm not quite sure what studio you're referring to above. Sounds like you've been a busy lady while I was away! Hope you have a great Tuesday. Leslie

shawnss711
07-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Hi Shawn. It looks like I'll get to finish the contest with y'all after all!(thanks to Craig's generous contest on facebook) I think I caught up on your thread. I like that you are posting your meals. I'll have to get back to that too. It causes me to be more creative knowing I have to tell all of you what I ate. I'm not quite sure what studio you're referring to above. Sounds like you've been a busy lady while I was away! Hope you have a great Tuesday. Leslie

I started a thread called My new business in the Green Tea chat zone after the TT summit. So did Peter. I ended up pursuing my own space for my boot camps and I ended up getting a Pilates reformer (my hubby calls it the rack lol). I am cleaning and painting to get my new studio up and running. It will be a boot camp/ pilates studio focusing on fat loss transformations. With special attention to functional aging. The Stott Pilates training I have taken also focuses on functional training.

shawnss711
07-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Todays agenda...
I will post my planned meals and edit if needed. I will be busy getting things done at the studio so I had will be doing a slow cooker meal for dinner. I will put it on before I go paint.

Meal 1
asparagus,red pepper and artichoke quiche (flax and almond meal crust)

Meal 2
brazil nuts and lemon super cookies (I love these things for premade package food... only 4 ingredients organic coconut,sprouted organic sesame seeds, organic dates, and organic lemon oil) they have 4 gr of fiber per serving. This was my easy solution for snacks at the studio for now. I will be taking my mini fridge soon. I want to get the painting done before I move a bunch of stuff.

Meal 3
chop suey hamburg (recipe from metabolic cooking)
essentially lean ground beef with a ton of veggies

Meal 4
Slow cooker stuffed peppers

That's the plan! I will update end of day.

Craig Ballantyne
07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Great plan!

I started a thread called My new business in the Green Tea chat zone after the TT summit. So did Peter. I ended up pursuing my own space for my boot camps and I ended up getting a Pilates reformer (my hubby calls it the rack lol). I am cleaning and painting to get my new studio up and running. It will be a boot camp/ pilates studio focusing on fat loss transformations. With special attention to functional aging. The Stott Pilates training I have taken also focuses on functional training.

shawnss711
07-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Great plan!

Thank you.
I think the Pilates work fits nicely with the Functional Aging cert. And it give me something the other gyms do not have. I plan to use the reformer training as a USP. Then add on a few next year so I can do group reformer training instead of just privates.

shawnss711
07-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Workout done
I had another acupuncture session today. I really like the lady who is working with me.
I also had a meeting with my son's therapist today as well.

Meal 1
vegetable omelet
tomato slices

Meal 2
mini meatloaf (lots of veggies for filling zucchini,carrot, peppers and spinach)
left over broccoli and pine nuts

Meal 3
shredded pork loin (slow cooker)
side of brussels

Meal 4
brazil nuts
super cookies

LeslieM
07-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Congratulations on the new studio! Wow! That is really exciting. Hope your meeting went well with the counselor. We are moving forward with a Sept. departure date for our son to attend a therapeutic school out of state. He does not want to go but we know it's best for him and the rest of the family.

shawnss711
07-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Congratulations on the new studio! Wow! That is really exciting. Hope your meeting went well with the counselor. We are moving forward with a Sept. departure date for our son to attend a therapeutic school out of state. He does not want to go but we know it's best for him and the rest of the family.

Thank you, Leslie. I am excited!
The meeting went well. She is very good with my son.
I will be praying for your family.
Stay strong :)

shawnss711
07-03-2014, 11:29 PM
my diet today was a bit crazy...

Not as much veggies as my normal.

Meal 1
omelet with spinach,peppers,avocado and pepper jack cheese
hashbrowns
meal out on the run this morning. I did skip the toast

meal 2
small handful of brazil nuts (at studio)

meal 3
small handful of brazil nuts (at studio)

meal 4
rotissere chicken breast

I was on the run all day and working on the studio. The plus side.... I didn't stop at some fast food joint to eat! I did get my mini fridge to the studio and bought a water cooler. So I can put some veggies and other healthy snacks in there. And I have plenty of fresh water.

mocombes
07-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Shawn, you are doing so great! What an inspiration; keep at it!

shawnss711
07-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Shawn, you are doing so great! What an inspiration; keep at it!

Thanks, Maureen.

What a weekend! I didn't get as much done as I hoped. The hubby only finished some of the ceiling tiles. I didn't buy enough ceiling tile so we had to go to home depot before he could finish. By that time it was late enough we called it a day.

I did a short workout this morning at the studio! :)

I am going to come back to TT Carve your curves at a later date. I need to focus on shorter workouts at this time.

LeslieM
07-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Way to go man! I'm planning to move forward with my nutrition training in the fall. I need to save a bit to pay cash for the training. I think I might go ahead and do a trainer cert as well just to help the nutrition certification have more credibility. It's also something that interests me. I used to want to be a spin instructor. I may have some questions for you down the road. There is a good chance we might move to New Orleans next summer.(the mosquito is the state bird I hear) Louisiana needs health educators worse than Texas! It really saddens me that so many hilarious, smart southerners are in such poor health. Maybe I could help. I'm sure you are working your fanny off today! Try to have fun. Leslie

shawnss711
07-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Way to go man! I'm planning to move forward with my nutrition training in the fall. I need to save a bit to pay cash for the training. I think I might go ahead and do a trainer cert as well just to help the nutrition certification have more credibility. It's also something that interests me. I used to want to be a spin instructor. I may have some questions for you down the road. There is a good chance we might move to New Orleans next summer.(the mosquito is the state bird I hear) Louisiana needs health educators worse than Texas! It really saddens me that so many hilarious, smart southerners are in such poor health. Maybe I could help. I'm sure you are working your fanny off today! Try to have fun. Leslie

Awesome, Leslie.
Sounds great. And yes I have been busy! Almost done, though. Tomorrow I will be moving my dumbells,medicine balls, etc. All that stuff! I am so excited it is really looking great!

LeslieM
07-09-2014, 11:24 PM
How's it going business lady?

shawnss711
07-10-2014, 07:49 AM
How's it going business lady?

It's going great. I appreciate you checking in on me. I have been reading posts but not commenting much.
I am on a mission :)

I haven't been posting the diet....
It's been ok not perfect. Next week should see things normalizing a bit....
But then again, What is normal? Lol

shawnss711
07-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Thursday I went with the family to the Farmer's Market. We got in plenty of walking. They also have a concert in the park. My youngest is adventurous. We were following him down the rocks by the riverbank. So I got in some rock and hill climbing all while listening to music :)

Friday was my husbands birthday. I got in a workout early in the day. We had dinner at "The Laundry" It was nice :)

Saturday was an Artwalk downtown. We walked downtown and looked at some beautiful artwork. There was roving musicians. A beautiful Saturday afternoon walk before work.

yesterday I worked a bit at the studio.

I got my workout in early this morning. I am putting on a slow cooker meal and then off to work at the studio.

LeslieM
07-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I LOVE the farmer's market. I have a couple of personal trainer questions to ask you. Do you mind if I send you a PM? I know you are super busy, so there is no hurry to get back to me!

shawnss711
07-14-2014, 09:43 PM
No problem, Leslie.
I would love to help.
I did enjoy taking a break from all the work on the studio. It was great to do some family stuff.

shawnss711
07-17-2014, 08:14 AM
I have much updating to do. I haven't been the best at posting here because I have been busy taking action to get the business up and running. That's a good thing!

So I will make it quick!
Monday I got in my TT workout.
Tuesday I got in a bike ride.
Wednesday I studied video and my manual for reformer training. Gosh it's been 3 years since I had the training! I have so much to learn! I did get on the reformer and got in a workout. The reformer has springs that change the resistance. While it wasn't a TT workout it was weight bearing. It was a total body workout. But it does lack the intensity of TT. I see it as a tool in my tool box. I will say you have not stretched your hip flexors ever in the way you stretch the on the reformer. One of the areas of study I had when I took my training was postural analysis.
I have tight hip flexors and quads. That machine is great! I love that hip flexor stretch! Heaven :)

Eating has been on track for the most part. I had bread on Tuesday with breakfast. It wasn't average bread, though. It was from a local bakery. Saskatoon Prairie Seed bread has no preservatives,whole grain rye, oats,wheat, whole flax seeds,pumpkin seeds ,sunflower and sesame seeds. So as far as bread goes I don't fee too guilty.
I have been getting lots of protein and I did a 20 hour fast on Monday.

That's it for the updates. I have to update the business thread and get some work done.

Craig Ballantyne
07-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Stay strong, Shawn!

shawnss711
07-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Thursday I got in about 40 minutes of bike riding. I rode my bike to the studio and back. I roded my bike to work and back.

Eating was on track Thursday and not the best yesterday. I choose to forgive my self and move on :) Today was the planned cheat day but I will shorten it to a cheat meal instead.

Friday I had to do a modified workout. I got a sliver in my left middle finger and it's is very painful. It hurt to grip dumbells so I did goblet style for the lower body.
I have tried to remove it with no luck.... my finger is swollen and red. I will try again later to remove it.

On the plus side the scale appears to be moving again.

Today I have an appointment with the acupuncturist and I work at 4 pm.

Now on to update the business thread.

LeslieM
07-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Thursday I got in about 40 minutes of bike riding. I rode my bike to the studio and back. I roded my bike to work and back.

Eating was on track Thursday and not the best yesterday. I choose to forgive my self and move on :) Today was the planned cheat day but I will shorten it to a cheat meal instead.

Friday I had to do a modified workout. I got a sliver in my left middle finger and it's is very painful. It hurt to grip dumbells so I did goblet style for the lower body.
I have tried to remove it with no luck.... my finger is swollen and red. I will try again later to remove it.

On the plus side the scale appears to be moving again.

Today I have an appointment with the acupuncturist and I work at 4 pm.

Now on to update the business thread.

Yay for downward movement on the scale! Sorry about the finger. It's all that construction work you been doin!

shawnss711
07-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Yay for downward movement on the scale! Sorry about the finger. It's all that construction work you been doin!

Yes, it is likely all the construction work I have been doing. Funny, I don't remember actually getting it but it hurts! I still have a puffy finger so today I did some core work and will do a short workout later to rev up the metabolism.

LeslieM
07-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes, it is likely all the construction work I have been doing. Funny, I don't remember actually getting it but it hurts! I still have a puffy finger so today I did some core work and will do a short workout later to rev up the metabolism.

I am the queen of mysterious, unexplained injuries!

shawnss711
07-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Monday and today (Wednesday) I got in my TT workouts. My finger slowed me down some but not too bad. Gripping a dumbell was still tender but doable.

I also rode my bike to the studio yesterday. about 20 mins to get there and back.

Eating has been good. I have been eating more salad's for lunch lately. Yesterday I made an arugula salad with strawberries,red pepper, hardboiled egg, and a tiny bit of blue cheese. I don't use salad dressing very often. when I do it's a tiny bit of homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
Yesterday I didn't use dressing.

Last night I had salmon and veggies for dinner.

That's about it for now.

LeslieM
07-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Monday and today (Wednesday) I got in my TT workouts. My finger slowed me down some but not too bad. Gripping a dumbell was still tender but doable.

I also rode my bike to the studio yesterday. about 20 mins to get there and back.

Eating has been good. I have been eating more salad's for lunch lately. Yesterday I made an arugula salad with strawberries,red pepper, hardboiled egg, and a tiny bit of blue cheese. I don't use salad dressing very often. when I do it's a tiny bit of homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
Yesterday I didn't use dressing.

Last night I had salmon and veggies for dinner.

That's about it for now.

Sounds like you are right on track! Your salad sounds amazing! I'm trying to reduce my dressing a little too. Hope you're having a super day.

shawnss711
07-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Next Wednesday is picture day for me...
I have not really lost anything as far as weight goes this round of the challenge.
I was up a few pounds from last round and recently lost back to where I started the contest. I have not measured though.... So I will pay no mind to the scale at this second!

I know just because the scale is not changing doesn't necessarily mean my body hasn't changed. Other people are telling me I look great....so we shall see with the measurements.

I personally feel I was distracted throughout this round. I self admit my diet was not as dialed in as I should have been.

I do take responsibility for my results and I will update final stats whether I like the results or not. Either way it will serve as a learning experience.

Onward and upward! I will succeed in my fat loss journey!

I was slightly upset with the family yesterday...
We went downtown to the farmers market and I ran into a friend of mine who had contacted me on facebook about coming in to the studio. So as I was chatting with my friend about the studio, my family explored on their own. Not a big deal, right? Wrong! They bought everything I would have advised them against.... baked goods....cookies and brownies. The husband's argument...they had natural ingredients. Oh please! Dear family, why don't we listen to Mom!
And to do it while I was distracted!

For the record I did not eat any of the goodies.

Craig Ballantyne
07-25-2014, 04:55 PM
stay strong, you've had an incredible business transformation over the last 12 weeks. In late August, you can rejoin the next contest and have your fitness transformation go at 100%!

shawnss711
07-27-2014, 06:48 PM
stay strong, you've had an incredible business transformation over the last 12 weeks. In late August, you can rejoin the next contest and have your fitness transformation go at 100%!

Thank you.I have been working hard on my business.
That is a great idea on the challenge.
I am planning on it! I will be running a challenge with my clients as well.
I already have the emails scheduled announcing the challenge.

mocombes
07-29-2014, 05:24 AM
They bought everything I would have advised them against.... baked goods....cookies and brownies. The husband's argument...they had natural ingredients. Oh please! Dear family, why don't we listen to Mom!
And to do it while I was distracted!

Those scoundrels! You are so dedicated to not have eaten any. Kudos to you!

shawnss711
07-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Those scoundrels! You are so dedicated to not have eaten any. Kudos to you!

Yep!
I am luckily not tempted by sweets very often.
Pizza,though is another story. I need them to keep it out of the house!

shawnss711
07-31-2014, 04:53 AM
Yesterday was supposed to be picture day.
I did not get them. I will likely take pics for my records though.
Weight was up 191 was where I started I finished at 196
All measurements were the same except for 1
Surprisingly my waist measurement was down from 40" to 39"
So even though I gained I lost a tiny bit of belly fat.

Lessons learned this round...
I have got to watch my eating more carefully. I used to be a calorie counter(even last round) and it would help keep me on track but in this round I did not count calories. I have decided it is time consuming. There is so much more I can spend my time on. Meal planning is one of those things I was more relaxed on this round. The meal planning is a better area to spend time on. I really don't need to count calories but I do need to plan better and be more intuitive with my portion sizes and food choices.

That's about it for now.

shawnss711
07-31-2014, 07:17 AM
I forgot to add....
I did start this challenge a mere 3 weeks post op.
I was very weak the first few workouts. Now I am doing push ups from my toes again and burpess! I stayed the course and I am much stronger than when I started this round!

pageboy9
07-31-2014, 11:05 PM
I forgot to add....
I did start this challenge a mere 3 weeks post op.
I was very weak the first few workouts. Now I am doing push ups from my toes again and burpess! I stayed the course and I am much stronger than when I started this round!

Stronger, and with a smaller waist: Good stuff!

You learn so much from sticking with a Transformation and finishing. I am convinced you will reach your goals with your dedication. Well done.

shawnss711
08-01-2014, 07:04 AM
Stronger, and with a smaller waist: Good stuff!

You learn so much from sticking with a Transformation and finishing. I am convinced you will reach your goals with your dedication. Well done.

Thank you, Catherine.
I will reach my goals :) This was an interesting 12 weeks between recovering from my hysterectomy, the San Diego trip and opening my new studio.... It's great!
Time to dial back in on my nutrition :)

mocombes
08-02-2014, 06:34 AM
A very busy 12 weeks, indeed! You'll be back on the nutrition; there's only so much you can focus on at one time and you got your business going. Good job!

Craig Ballantyne
08-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Really impressed by all you have accomplished. You are a TRUE inspiration in the TT world.

shawnss711
08-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Thank you, Craig and Maureen.

Next round will see monumental changes :) Because I will focus more on my nutrition.

shawnss711
08-04-2014, 10:08 AM
I will be posting back in the workout journals section until the new transformation contest starts.
I did workout this morning. A TT bootcamp workout from an e-book I purchased before I was a CTT.

LeslieM
08-04-2014, 12:06 PM
I will be posting back in the workout journals section until the new transformation contest starts.
I did workout this morning. A TT bootcamp workout from an e-book I purchased before I was a CTT.

I completely forgot that you had major surgery during this contest! Most folks would have used that as an excuse to just quit. You didn't! I think that is awesome. I hope in the next contest you get all the results you want. It won't be from a lack of effort and determination. That's for sure!

shawnss711
08-04-2014, 03:52 PM
I completely forgot that you had major surgery during this contest! Most folks would have used that as an excuse to just quit. You didn't! I think that is awesome. I hope in the next contest you get all the results you want. It won't be from a lack of effort and determination. That's for sure!

Thank you, Leslie.
I am determined!